• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Veteran talk

Group had a Command Seargent Major whose measure of a CO or First Seargent was how many Article 15's they gave out. Dude was a puredee dick.

I did it on his desk one 24 hour shift night and stole his helmet and sold it to my Platoon Seargent for $40 and a big bottle of Jack.

I like this thread.

jamesrage said:
My former first sergeant would have smoked the **** of a LT for trying to have a soldeir do something that stupid.

Are you sure the article 15(I assume that is what you got) was for telling the 2ndLT his idea was stupid?I think you got in trouble souly for pushing him.

Article 128 Simple assault.
With that they could have kicked me out and gave me 3 years.
But your right if I hadent put my hands on him it wouldnt have been anything.

teacher said:
I did it on his desk one 24 hour shift night and stole his helmet and sold it to my Platoon Seargent for $40 and a big bottle of Jack.

Should have taken some pics then mailed them to him after you got out..LOL..

cherokee said:
I was there from 87 and most of 88 about a month before ruby hit. And yes god do I ever remember Chit River. That place was a completely different world….
Did you ever visit Honey hole (ko) for a wink, massage?…LOL
Soooo did you bring a bride back?…LOL..I can’t count how many guys did…

Wasnt the florida bar on maggot-say?

Don't remember the Florida Bar?? Remember "Freaks Stagger Inn" and "Home Away from Home" Actual only know those names because of my photo albums.

Can't tell you how many guys we talked out of bringing back a PI bride. They'd be convinced they were in love. Of course on their duty night she'd be off "working" with some other guy, often someone out of his unit. Many of these guys were only saved because they had to get permission from command to get married. Once they found out she'd been married three and four times before they'd sometimes wake up. Other's, as I'm sure you know, ended up married. All the common sense talk in the world couldn't save them. I don't know of any of these marriages that made it more then a year or two.

Pacridge said:
Don't remember the Florida Bar?? Remember "Freaks Stagger Inn" and "Home Away from Home" Actual only know those names because of my photo albums.

Can't tell you how many guys we talked out of bringing back a PI bride. They'd be convinced they were in love. Of course on their duty night she'd be off "working" with some other guy, often someone out of his unit. Many of these guys were only saved because they had to get permission from command to get married. Once they found out she'd been married three and four times before they'd sometimes wake up. Other's, as I'm sure you know, ended up married. All the common sense talk in the world couldn't save them. I don't know of any of these marriages that made it more then a year or two.

I do remember a bar called "Freaks". You ever goto T's? aka T&T (t*its and twats)..

If you left in 86 you missed the really fun times.:roll:
Like when they voted in the new constitution.
And who could forget our old friends the PI commie party...

Last edited:
cherokee said:
I do remember a bar called "Freaks". You ever goto T's? aka T&T (t*its and twats)..

If you left in 86 you missed the really fun times.:roll:
Like when they voted in the new constitution.
And who could forget our old friends the PI commie party...

I was there in 86' for a week total. In 83-84' several weeks here and there. It's just been so long ago now (man, getting old) the only way I remembered the names of the bars I hung out in was bringing out my photo albums.

I really don't remember anything about "T's."

I remember chit river, it's queens, mamsans, mojoe juice and Sam Magoos. That and diving out on Grande Island. Other then those things...not much.

Ever hit any of the other westpac regulars- Hong Kong, Yokosuka, Pusan, Kenya, Bahrain, Surabaya? How about Diego Garica?

cherokee said:
Article 128 Simple assault.
With that they could have kicked me out and gave me 3 years.
But your right if I hadent put my hands on him it wouldnt have been anything.

I bet the troops repsected you a little more,unless you was one of those NCOS that was a dickhead.

jamesrage said:
I bet the troops repsected you a little more,unless you was one of those NCOS that was a dickhead.

To a point, But it took along time before I could forgive myself.
After the hype was over I felt I had let them down.
I could and should have handled it differently.

But hindsight is always 20/20.

Hey did any of your drill instructors tell you that your girlfriend is going to have stretch marks around her mouth before you get out of basic training?

jamesrage said:
Hey did any of your drill instructors tell you that your girlfriend is going to have stretch marks around her mouth before you get out of basic training?

We used to march to what we called a Jody. One Jody went like this:

My ex-wife don't call no more.
Since I kicked in her front door.
Cu* drops drippin' down her crack.
Jody runnin' out th' back.
Sound off...
One, two,
Sound off,
Three, four
Bring it on down,
One, two, three, four,
One, two...
THREE FOUR!

Captain America said:
We used to march to what we called a Jody. One Jody went like this:

My ex-wife don't call no more.
Since I kicked in her front door.
Cu* drops drippin' down her crack.
Jody runnin' out th' back.
Sound off...
One, two,
Sound off,
Three, four
Bring it on down,
One, two, three, four,
One, two...
THREE FOUR!

Damn they even had a Jody back in your day? although I do wonder if there was really someone named Jody.

jamesrage said:
Damn they even had a Jody back in your day? although I do wonder if there was really someone named Jody.

I spent my last 18 months pushin' Booters at GLRTC. When one of my pimpley-faced recruits would receive a "Dear John" letter from his girl, I would have the whole company read it and then grade it with a red pen, marking all the spelling and grammar errors. We would then send the letter back to the girlfriend. :mrgreen:

That worked wonders for morale.

I got stories from two services, although I was single during my initial Army enlistment, and married while I was in the Navy, so the Fun Fun Stories are mostly limited to my Army time.

In late 1977 I was sent to my first duty station. My unit was home based out of Pyong Tek's, Camp Humphreys-----for the older guys, it was called K6. Who remembers the Vile? If you were ever in Korea, you have to remember the Ville-----we all had one except for those headquarters Guys up in Seoul. OB Beer, Nod, Happy Mountains, Binjo Ditchs, The Black market, and Business Women----how friggin fun was that? How about BJ Alley?

Anyway, this one time, all the MP's from Team #1 of my unit decided to have a sympathy party for a guy who had fell under the spell of one of the local Business Women, a girl he wanted to make his Yobo (Live-in Girl), he was truly smitten. It was a common practice, but if the woman in question has a Momma-son, she usually owes money, and the GI in question has to pay off Momma-son before Yobo can move in with him. My friend, the poor guy, never had an extra dime because he partied it away, so he had to stand by and watch as his true love took guys from the lounge at Duffy's Bar, up to her little hooch. In fact, that arrangement had created so many episodes of conflict, the girl's Momma-son put my Buddy off limits. He was no longer allowed to even talk to her.

Back to the party-----anyway, we were all feelin' sorry for Adams, a red headed good ole boy from a little town just outside of Carbondale, Illinois. So, we threw him a "Get Over It" Party. Cases of Bud and Bottles of Nod at the Happy Mounds just outside of the sight of the Villle. Partying on Dead People's graves----Man, we were a Class Act. After the first couple cases, we all started really feeling sympathy----so someone suggested we sneak him up on the roof of the bar next to Duffy's so he could talk to her through her window. So, the eight of us made our way back to the Ville.

Some might ask; why would eight American GI's assume that building standards in Korea at that time, to be equivalent to what they had witnessed while growing up in the Land of the Big PX? A roof is a roof----right? You would think so, but alas, they are not. We made it to the roof unaware that all that stood between us and the Bar below was some Rice Board and flat roof joists. I would describe it similar to what you would see behind a plastered wall.

As Adams talked to his "Love of His Life", the remaining seven of us continues to drink what we had brought with us, and enjoyed the flow of Nod throughout the pleasure center. When all of a sudden, a SGT named Weigold went arm pit deep in roof. I can imagine what it looked like in the bar with these two legs hanging through the roof, like they were riding a bike or something. Anyway, after the initial shock of it all, we started laughing as loud as we could-----the laughter drowned out the cracking of the remaining support of the roof, so no one heard it, we just felt it give way and we fell right into the bar. It all happened in less than 30-seconds, and when we all stood up, the manager of the bar came over and started cussing us out in Korean. Adams, without flinching, and as if the line was written for him looks at the guy and says, "Calm Down! We thought we'd drop in for a Beer." Again, after the initial shock of it all, we all started laughing-----and then we ran.

Yep, eight Military Policemen, check that, eight inebriated Military Policemen destroy a Local Business' roof, and then bolt out the door laughing it up. We split up in groups of two, but we had been in the Bar before, the manager knew us all-----at least by face, and they picked us off two by two as we tried to enter the main gate. However, when the garrison MP's at Camp Humphreys found out what unit we were in, they became a little irate. But that's a whole other story.

jamesrage said:

chit my girlfriend dumped me the day after I left for boot.
But I didn’t give a chit. I didn’t have time to be sad..Hell we didnt have time to think..
The DS (Satans other brother) made sure of that…:mrgreen:

:rofl Veteran's stories, this is an awesome thread. Loved that last one Diavo. Keep them coming guys.

The Lost Weekend

It is the Summer of 1978-----it's brutally hot, and my Team just got back from another Mission, this time just outside of Kunsan, South Korea. This one was different in that we used ground vehicles for convoy purposes and not choppers, so we had spent a lot of time on the road, and were plenty tired by the time we arrived the Unit Motor Pool at Camp Humphreys on that Friday afternoon. A week's worth of dirt and funk permeated the very air we stood in, and because we had such a successful mission, our Team Leader, CPT Walters, made an announcement that we would not have to TI and clean the vehicles until Monday morning. It was that very announcement that led to the lost weekend of Dave.

"E" Marzan-----"Effrain", what a name, was one of my Non Military Police Friends from my Team. A Puerto Rican Dude right out of the Bronx who was one of the coolest guys I ever met in the service. We left for the Ville together about 45-minutes after we were released for the weekend. Showered, shaved, and primed for a night with the local female populace was a part of the plan, and it may very well be that we accomplished a little giling giling over the next few days, I just do not remember.

Now, I want to explain that this was a different time, and my Unit was literally, a Ghost Unit, we did not exist. Every month we were gone from Camp Humphreys for a minimum of 7-10 days-----the rest of the time was spent Training, and Training, and Training, and Training----and every quarter we spent one week getting graded by not only 8th Army, but the DOD would send a grading team out as well. Each and every guy in our Unit was a hot dog, in fact, that's why we were all assigned to this unit in the first place. Ego, pride, performance, and individualism got us in the unit and when we were at work we were truly the best----but when we were off work, well, we were basically Party Animals to the "N"th degree. The fact that if we ever got in trouble, all punishment was handled in house by the Team Leader, we never suffered retribution for acting like idiots. At least not through the conventional Article 15, or Captain's Mast. No, no one ever got busted, but we did have to pull extra duty now and then. Assimilating back into the Stateside Army was hard for everyone of us after we left.

"As you were", let me get back to the story (Smoke em if ya gottem), so, "E" and I hit the Ville, and the first place we go is the Korean Pharmacy. I know, I know, but everyone was doing it and I succumbed to the peer pressure-----I'm weak that way. Anyway, I was a Nod Man (Cough Syrup), and "E" was a "Pink Heart" man, which can best be compared with Quaaludes. I had never done any of these Pink Hearts before, but after downing a couple bottles of Nod, I agreed to try a couple out. Approximately 45 minutes later----the world turned off for me. I was awake, functioning (sort of), and apparently able to talk, but I don't remember.

The Next thing I remember is I am waking up in bed with some chick I have never seen before, in a hooch I had never been in before, with "E" passed out on a futon with another girl I never saw before. I look at my watch and see it is 10:30 AM-----I'm thinking "Cool, in time for Chow if we hurry". So, I wake up "E", we get dressed, and start our way to the Main gate talking about how we don't remember anything. As we approach the main gate, we see something we did not expect-----lots of traffic from military vehicles and almost everyone is in uniform. As we were showing our ID's at the Gate we asked what the hell was up with all the traffic on a Saturday and if we had missed a recall or something. It was at that time we found out that it was Tuesday morning.

After getting Biatched out for about 2-hours, both "E" and I were assigned to clean every single weapon in our Unit Armory. Every single weapon-----but the other options were much worse, and by Friday afternoon we were done. At first I thought we got off easy, but by Friday I was so sick of guns I never wanted to see one again. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I no longer hunt or have weapons in the house. Boy, those were the days, do your job well and expect no concern over drug or alcohol abuse-----using the black market to make side cash, and the "I am so special, they cannot afford to lose me" attitude that while being true while in Korea, did not carry over stateside. Hell, I managed to pick up E5, SGT even with a few instances similar to the lost weekend. It was like being rewarded for having fun.

Then I went Stateside----but that's another story, as is the time I was caught with actual proof that I had committed 45 counts of forgery, and was let off with a stern lecture from my 1st SGT. AHHH, memories.

I am reminded about my graduation from boot camp. My first liberty, many friends and family of guys from my unit were in town watching Jr. graduate. Having not been out in the free for over 11 weeks (Triple Threat Units are in boot camp several weeks longer than usual because it takes quite a while to fill up a Triple Threat Unit) I found myself back in my old environment I made the best of it.

Well, to make a long story short, I took a fancy to one of the single mom's who was up visiting. She and I went to dinner and we really tied one on. I had a pocket full of money and I spared no expense on the evening.

We ended up together in the same hotel room and, well, you know.

I had requested a wake up call the following morning to make sure I was on time for muster back at the base. When that call came through, the woman answered the phone and hung up. (Beotch!!)

She, then, quietly slipped out of my room to avoid embarassment or redicule from her son and other family members for being my squeeze for the night.

I finally woke up at 10:00 AM.:shock: I hauled arse back to the base four hours late. (I was "UA".) Needless to say I was met by the CC and it was none too pretty. I ended up having to stay on base for the next few days until we all shipped out to our next duty station.

What a way to begin my Naval career. :roll:

That pales in comparison to your story Dave. But it reminded me of mine. I was never UA again. Not so much as a second late for anything. Ever. Some lessons are learned harder than others.

Ed,

I have so many War Stories from Korea it is a friggin book waiting to happen. In the 1970's Korea had thousands of GI's trying to act like Hawkeye and Trapper John. On duty you had to be the best, off duty you had to be the best at being a nincompoop. I was so good at it. After my second year, my Top said "No more extentions, it's time for you to go home."

How come Sea Stories and War Stories always sound so fun a few decades later? I really did not like the 7-10 Days a month away from Humphreys, but those other three weeks out of the month made up for it more than enough. What a Unit, what a bunch of great leaders, what a bunch of great guys-----oh yeah, they let us get away with murder, but they NEVER misunderstood what we were doing and how we should be rewarded-----therefore, it is my most favorite duty station ever. Too bad it had to be the first. Ruined it for me for the rest of my career.

The stories I have heard and the pictures I have seen from Korea, I have NO DOUBT that you have many worthwhile tales to tell. Let's grab a 12'er soon and go over some of 'em. Or, maybe a case. It might be a long night.

Captain America said:
The stories I have heard and the pictures I have seen from Korea, I have NO DOUBT that you have many worthwhile tales to tell. Let's grab a 12'er soon and go over some of 'em. Or, maybe a case. It might be a long night.

OK People, you see this here? This is one of the few successful meetings of people on the internet ever. And you better believe this, me an Cappy will be sharing a 12 pac soon. Y'all do not know how lucky you are-------he is a gem, and not in a faggy way. Only person I have ever met in person, through the net, and I am happy it happened-----and a better perso for it. My only regret? We live about 45-miles from each other and we have only seen each other once.

I did not know Cappy in the Military, but I might have well known him. He is that "Top Shelf" Friend you only get to experience once or twice in a lifetime. And, he will admit that I am the youngest guy my age there ever was. Cuz I am.

And, he will admit that I am the youngest guy my age there ever was. Cuz I am.

Well, maybe except for me....:mrgreen: I AM pushin' 50 ya know.:doh

True dat. Diavo is an awesome person. In fact, his whole family rocks. He's the kinda bud you wished lived next door. Just meeting him made the two grand I spent on a computer all worth it.

I did get my gig at Summerfest again this year Diavo. July 15th. Noon. On the Briggs and Stratton Stage. We could make a day of it bro! You can come in with the band and drink the backstage beer with me if we plan it right.

All the bands have yet to be listed but keep checkin' this site out for daily updates. http://www.summerfest.com/index.php

I have played that stage before. Looked something this from where I was standing.

Crowd_Shot_2.jpg

DiavoTheMiavo said:
Ed,

I have so many War Stories from Korea it is a friggin book waiting to happen. In the 1970's Korea had thousands of GI's trying to act like Hawkeye and Trapper John. On duty you had to be the best, off duty you had to be the best at being a nincompoop. I was so good at it. After my second year, my Top said "No more extentions, it's time for you to go home."

How come Sea Stories and War Stories always sound so fun a few decades later? I really did not like the 7-10 Days a month away from Humphreys, but those other three weeks out of the month made up for it more than enough. What a Unit, what a bunch of great leaders, what a bunch of great guys-----oh yeah, they let us get away with murder, but they NEVER misunderstood what we were doing and how we should be rewarded-----therefore, it is my most favorite duty station ever. Too bad it had to be the first. Ruined it for me for the rest of my career.

Your day in Korea sounds much better than when I was there.When I was there there were anti-american protesters thowing molitive cocktails at various camps,and everytime there were protesters they would call one of our infantry units to come out and guard some pog(persons other than grunt) post, they wouldn't let us bring our weapons.When ever there were protesters protesting our side outside or close to our camp they would put us lock down.I remember right before I left, the shop owners lost so much money because of the protesters, they came out and protested against those protesters. I heard some of those shop owners also whipped some of those anti-American protester's asses.

Did you all have KATUSAs in your units back in your day in Korea?

jamesrage said:
Your day in Korea sounds much better than when I was there.When I was there there were anti-american protesters thowing molitive cocktails at various camps,and everytime there were protesters they would call one of our infantry units to come out and guard some pog(persons other than grunt) post, they wouldn't let us bring our weapons.When ever there were protesters protesting our side outside or close to our camp they would put us lock down.I remember right before I left, the shop owners lost so much money because of the protesters, they came out and protested against those protesters. I heard some of those shop owners also whipped some of those anti-American protester's asses.

Did you all have KATUSAs in your units back in your day in Korea?

No KATUSAs in my Unit----it wasn't allowed because of clearances. Although my unit worked hand in hand with Korean Military Intelligence from the ROK. Different breed all together-----unlike the KATUSA who had Mommy and Daddy's money keeping them safe.

You have to understand, Korea was under Marshal Law when I was there. Midnight cuefews and such. I can pretty much garauntee that my work time was much more intense than the average Cold War Vet from Korea. However, that down time was the absolute bomb.

Cappy,

I am there Brotha, but hopefully, you can come fishing at the Cabin on the Creek soon. My son getting out of the service has planted us in the built in babysitter mode. I never thought I would miss missing them. Time eaters, the lot of them. I am gonna have to drive up just to cut the grass.

DiavoTheMiavo said:
No KATUSAs in my Unit----it wasn't allowed because of clearances. Although my unit worked hand in hand with Korean Military Intelligence from the ROK.

Even now the ROK soldeirs and KUTASAs only make around 10,000 -12,000 won a month which is only around $8-$10 a month at the currency exchange rate of 1250 won to $1.In ROK 500 won will buy you a candy bar and a 1000 won will get you a bus ride.

Different breed all together-----unlike the KATUSA who had Mommy and Daddy's money keeping them safe.

For seem reason it seems the Korean army sent all the skinny stickboys our military units to be KATUSAs.Because on occasion while at some work detail on some of the ROK installations I noticed the ROK army soldiers appeared to be a little more built than their KATUSA counterparts.The KATUSAs looked like starvin marvin,I remember calling a KATUSA Starvin Marvin and occasionally joked that he was so skinny he could hulla hoop with a cheerio.Most of the KATUSAs seemed as weak as our female soldeirs.I don't think any of them could lift a 50 cal.

You have to understand, Korea was under Marshal Law when I was there. Midnight cuefews and such.
They still have curfews, of coursewhere I was at Camp Hovey which was near Tokoree and Tongduchon.I have heard the further south you were stationed in Korea the closer it became to being on a Army post in the US.

Back
Top Bottom