• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Very pleased Trump decided to wait

augustus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I was happy to learn that Trump wants to wait for the House Chamber to deliver his SOTU. The tradition is important. This little pissing contest needs to end though. I have a feeling Trump will call a National Emergency and build that wall. He said "one way or another" and I believe him.

What do y'all think will happen next? When are your estimates of when this will end?

(I'm sorry I didn't get back to the thread I started yesterday [emergency] and now it's played out, but thank you very much for your contribution, if you participated.)

Thanks ahead for your responses on this question. I'm here and reading. Have a wonderful morning!

If it wasn't an emergency the first two years of his term it's not an emergency now. National emergencies are not loopholes to be used to bypass congress.

Well, they're saying with the airplanes, the tired controllers, etc., it just might be a national emergency.

Then open the ****ing government. Problem solved.

It's not that simple when such huge egos are involved. I wish it were a matter of common sense but we've gone way past that.

It's not that simple when such huge egos are involved.

Trump is a moronic tool-bag.

So are the Dems who won't give him the $5 billion.

You should be ashamed of Trump.
His "ego" is making how many thousands suffer a rather substantial loss of income?

I was happy to learn that Trump wants to wait for the House Chamber to deliver his SOTU. The tradition is important. This little pissing contest needs to end though. I have a feeling Trump will call a National Emergency and build that wall. He said "one way or another" and I believe him.

What do y'all think will happen next? When are your estimates of when this will end?
I don’t care when or from where Trump delivers his SOTU address. If he declares a national emergency it'll be immediately challenged before any building begins.

Well, they're saying with the airplanes, the tired controllers, etc., it just might be a national emergency.
An artificial self imposed crisis that will end as soon as Trump does the right thing by reopening the government.

Trump is a moronic tool-bag.

So are the Dems who won't give him the $5 billion.

You should be ashamed of Trump.
His "ego" is making how many thousands suffer a rather substantial loss of income?

Your post has nothing of substance. You can ignore me from now on ....

I don’t care when or from where Trump delivers his SOTU address. If he declares a national emergency it'll be immediately challenged before any building begins.

An artificial self imposed crisis that will end as soon as Trump does the right thing by reopening the government.

We'll see. It's all very fascinating to me.

Also ... building is going on right now. FYI.

(I'm sorry I didn't get back to the thread I started yesterday [emergency] and now it's played out, but thank you very much for your contribution, if you participated.)

Thanks ahead for your responses on this question. I'm here and reading. Have a wonderful morning!

Trump continues to get bad news. The CNN poll of polls shows a major 20 post difference between those who support him and those who do not support Trump.

(CNN)President Donald Trump was bragging this week about a surprising bump in one poll, but his optimism missed the fact that recent polling is in agreement that his approval ratings have taken a hit during the month-plus partial government shutdown and the public largely blames him for the country's predicament.

On average, Trump's approval rating in the month of January -- during the longest shutdown in US history -- stands at 37% approve and 57% disapprove, down from his average of 41% approve and 51% disapprove in late November to early December (pre-shutdown), according to a new CNN Poll of Polls released Wednesday.
CNN's Poll of Polls is an average of surveys among adult Americans aggregated to give a more well-rounded view of public opinion.

Keep in mind this is NOT one cherry picked poll with low numbers but an average of all the major polls.

This has to take a toll on the Republicans in the Senate and in turn on Trump himself. Lets just hope your question is answered real soon before any major problems erupt because of the shutdown and American get hurt or killed because of it.

If it wasn't an emergency the first two years of his term it's not an emergency now. National emergencies are not loopholes to be used to bypass congress.

Right. No emergency.. As I speak, another caravan is winding its way through Central America to the southern border of America.

It's not that simple when such huge egos are involved. I wish it were a matter of common sense but we've gone way past that.

The only ego I see is Trump. It's his way or the highway. If you think he's interested in negotiation, then you're gullible as ****.

Right. No emergency.. As I speak, another caravan is winding its way through Central America to the southern border of America.

Are they applying for asylum? If they are applying for asylum, the only emergency is processing their asylum claims quickly and feeding and housing them. Under current US law, there is nothing illegal about them coming and applying for asylum. Detaining them beyond the agreed upon time frames could potentially be an emergency but a wall does nothing to address that emergency.

The only ego I see is Trump. It's his way or the highway. If you think he's interested in negotiation, then you're gullible as ****.

Yeah. We know. You resist Trump to the ends of the earth.

Are they applying for asylum? If they are applying for asylum, the only emergency is processing their asylum claims quickly and feeding and housing them. Under current US law, there is nothing illegal about them coming and applying for asylum. Detaining them beyond the agreed upon time frames could potentially be an emergency but a wall does nothing to address that emergency.

What's to keep them from entering and staying in the US even if they don't qualify as asylum seekers?

What's to keep them from entering and staying in the US even if they don't qualify as asylum seekers?

They have to enter before we know if they are qualified...

Also ... building is going on right now. FYI.

Some will, no doubt, remind you that only (highly?) "moral" repairing, height upgrading or replacing of existing physical barriers on the border is going on and that no (completely?) "immoral" lateral extension of physical barriers on the border has been authorized.

You must learn to see "morality" through very special (partisan?) lenses to understand that having some (700 miles of?) physical barriers on the border was, is and will continue to be completely "moral" while (Trump?) wishing to add (220 miles of?) more of them is totally "immoral". Si se puede!

Trump continues to get bad news. The CNN poll of polls shows a major 20 post difference between those who support him and those who do not support Trump.

Keep in mind this is NOT one cherry picked poll with low numbers but an average of all the major polls.

This has to take a toll on the Republicans in the Senate and in turn on Trump himself. Lets just hope your question is answered real soon before any major problems erupt because of the shutdown and American get hurt or killed because of it.

I'm disappointed that you didn't give a link to your CNN quote. (You've been around here long enough to know that's expected) You know how I love to set things right when people cite polls.

Without seeing the actual numbers, I'll just say this: An average of bogus polls is nothing more than a bogus average. We saw that from RCP all the time back in 2016.

Some will, no doubt, remind you that only (highly?) "moral" repairing, height upgrading or replacing of existing physical barriers on the border is going on and that no (completely?) "immoral" lateral extension of physical barriers on the border has been authorized.

You must learn to see "morality" through very special (partisan?) lenses to understand that having some (700 miles of?) physical barriers on the border was, is and will continue to be completely "moral" while (Trump?) wishing to add (220 miles of?) more of them is totally "immoral". Si se puede!

This "moral" "immoral" thing is ridiculous. It's a matter of keeping out the drug dealers, gang members and terrorists. Right now the southern Mexico border is wide open. Anyone of any background and from any country just walks right into Mexico and they're on their way here. It must stop. Thanks very much for your participation. I have to get going for the day. Have a good one!

They have to enter before we know if they are qualified...
Where is the last batch of asylum seekers from central America seeking asylum? I think they are on the Mexican border side waiting to be interviewed. Definitely not in America seeking asylum.

Back
Top Bottom