• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Verdict reached - 07/13/13 [W:395, 619, 1357, 1549]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Verdict reached - 07/13/13

I hope Trayvon's family will sue the heck out of his killer. He may have been found not guilty due to Florida law, but this does not negate the fact that it is due to the choices and actions of Zimmerman that a young man has died and he will still have to pay for his actions.

Wrongful death cases are so dumb and even dumber when it was self defense.

Anyway, it's nice to see he is a free man.

I can't find a single link for the verdict.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's just the notion of "Stand your Ground" or just broadly self defense...but it seems if you're found not guilty based on that notion, you're protected from civil suit for "wrongful death" in Florida.

Sorry, but I oppose tax dollars being spent to protect an idiot who can't follow directions of authorities en-route.

If he wants protection, let the unemployed moron pay for it himself.

One book or movie and he want be unemployed.

Protesters at the courthouse shouting: "No Justice, no Peace"
And that's why we 'need' 30rnd mags and "assault weapons". No justice no peace? Ok, no peace no life.

Several homes in my neighborhood are setting off M80's. I think the nation was more focused on this trial than I'd imagined.

Re: Zimmerman NOT GUILTY

lad went to buy some iced tea/skittles, ended up dead and no one is accountable. Only in America.

Wrongful death cases are so dumb and even dumber when it was self defense.

Anyway, it's nice to see he is a free man.

I think it is a sad thing that he is a free man, being found innocent does not mean that you are innocent or not deserving punishment.

Sorry, but I oppose tax dollars being spent to protect an idiot who can't follow directions of authorities en-route.

Ok look, another person that still does not know the evidence.
Figures.

Protesters at the courthouse shouting: "No Justice, no Peace"
the police need show a presence now to stop it before it starts not to stop legal protest but make sure it doesn't esculate

Several homes in my neighborhood are setting off M80's. I think the nation was more focused on this trial than I'd imagined.

Based on where I believe you said you live.. I am not surprised.

Be prepared for the riots.

They will come.

I think it is a sad thing that he is a free man, being found innocent does not mean that you are innocent or not deserving punishment.
:doh

Yeah. It pretty much does.

This was a straightforward self defense case, and not guilty was the appropriate verdict.:peace

I believe the jury reached the correct verdict. I'm not elated, I don't feel like cheering, a young man is dead.

I'm relieved for I believe the system still works and this case, at least this part of the issue is over.

I hope this is a time for healing, not continued division over skin color.

Well, being found innocent WOULD mean you are innocent.

That's why you're found "Not Guilty".

Individuals are free to believe his innocence as they'd like, individuals are free to feel that he "Deserves" punishment.

Legally speaking, he "Deserves" no punishment and has been legally found, at the least, not guilty of murdering Trayvon.

lad went to buy some iced tea/skittles, ended up dead and no one is accountable. Only in America.

What can we say? It's that damn Constitution. The presumption of innocence is a strong one. God bless the USA.

A jury with more information than you thought otherwise.

I hope this is a time for healing, not continued division over skin color.

As the analyst on MSNBC is blaming the verdict on the fact that blacks were unrepresented on the jury

its not over pray there is not any riots we dont need anymore bloodshed

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I think OJ would have been found guilty if the jury wasn't intimidated by the thought of civil unrrest and having to look over their shoulders for their lives, too.

But I'm glad for the "not guilty" verdict. So now what are the TM v GZ groupies going to talk about?

Perhaps Trayvon's family should pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom