• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Venting on religion

Blah

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just wanted to vent on religion. I was (was) raised Catholic. Screw that. Im going to be very broad here, when I say religion, I mean the one I learned. So yeah, some of your religions will be different. Ok.

1. Religion condoned racism. Seperate black and white churches, thats all the proof you need. Dont argue.

2. Religion is anti-homosexual. Its been scientifically proven that most species are about 2% homosexual. God created all creatures equally. (except the gay ones!)

3. Lust is a sin. "That girl is hot." Says the boy. "Are you going to marry her?" Says the priest. "Um, probably not." Replies the boy. "Then you just sinned." The priest replies. "Oh no, am I going to hell?" The boy is now scared. "No, no, dont worry" Exclaims the priest "Just follow me into this dark room, I need to tell you a secret."
Leading to my next point.

4. My religion is against homosexuality but forgives priests who touch little boys? Man this is ****ed up. Why dont we just let them think chicks are hot so they stop touching little boys?

5. Jesus. Everyone believes this because everyone has been told this since they were a wee little baby. What if, and just follow me, what if Jesus did exist, but was cast into modern day? Would you believe it? Most certainly not. Churches would disown him. He would be ridiculed. We only believe it because it happened, you know, way back then and stuff?

6. Everyone refers to god as 'he' Its really funny.

7. God gave men penises but the devil makes them bigger? (until your married and want babies)

8. I saw a taped church segment on our local channel. A man was preaching words to this effect. "In the end it will not matter the things in which you spent your life doing. It will matter what you believed in. If you do not believe in this faith, you are the devils advocate. Nothing you have done will save you." I 100% disagree.

9. George Bush says god talks to him. I hate people who use religion to scam really stupid religious people. "God wants me to be president......God wants wars...."

10. Sins and all that fun stuff. Arent you sick of everyone telling you how to live? First we of course have the law telling us all the things we'll go to jail for, then we have church telling us all the things we'll go to hell for. Let me live my ****ing life!

11. Lastly and most importantly. People starve everyday, while churches take a lot of money in every service and use it to do things like buy new song books or 'renovate' or get 'cooler' life size jesus action figures. Everyone is blind.

12. Sorry if I offended you. Crucify me.

Blah, I'm going to rank you right up there with canuck. This is the third post of yours I have read, and it is along the same lines as all the others...emotionally based ***** posted for the purposes of puckering arseholes.

1. Religion condoned racism. Seperate black and white churches, thats all the proof you need. Dont argue.

Religion didn't condone racism, people condone/d racism. I believe the bible says "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" Leviticus 19:18

2. Religion is anti-homosexual. Its been scientifically proven that most species are about 2% homosexual. God created all creatures equally. (except the gay ones!)

I won't even post in response to this one, and will leave it for those of this forum that I know would like to give you an ear full.

3. Lust is a sin. "That girl is hot." Says the boy. "Are you going to marry her?" Says the priest. "Um, probably not." Replies the boy. "Then you just sinned." The priest replies. "Oh no, am I going to hell?" The boy is now scared. "No, no, dont worry" Exclaims the priest "Just follow me into this dark room, I need to tell you a secret."

Yeah, it happened. But out of the portion that did commit this crime, how many didn't? And I think you took your point a bit to the extreme in terms of "Lust".

4. My religion is against homosexuality but forgives priests who touch little boys? Man this is ****ed up. Why dont we just let them think chicks are hot so they stop touching little boys?

We are all guilty of sin (Romans 3:23) and deserve eternal punishment (Romans 6:23). Jesus died for us, to pay our penalty (Romans 5:8). Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ for salvation is forgiven, no matter what sins they have committed (Romans 6:24; John 3:16). Now, a murderer or adulterer will likely still face serious consequences (legal, relational, etc.) for their evil actions – more so than someone who was “just” a liar. But a murderer’s or adulterer’s sins are completely and permanently forgiven the moment they believe and place their faith in Christ. http://www.gotquestions.org/God-forgive-big-sins.html

5. Jesus. Everyone believes this because everyone has been told this since they were a wee little baby. What if, and just follow me, what if Jesus did exist, but was cast into modern day? Would you believe it? Most certainly not. Churches would disown him. He would be ridiculed. We only believe it because it happened, you know, way back then and stuff?

What? I think the keyword in all religion is BELIEF.

I'll just leave 6 & 7 alone, as they are probably the must ignorant dribble I've seen posted on this forum. No offense, canuck.

8. I saw a taped church segment on our local channel. A man was preaching words to this effect. "In the end it will not matter the things in which you spent your life doing. It will matter what you believed in. If you do not believe in this faith, you are the devils advocate. Nothing you have done will save you." I 100% disagree.

Finally, something I can agree with you on...halfway. It matters both what you spent your life doing AND what you believed in. They go hand in hand as a servant of God.

9. George Bush says god talks to him. I hate people who use religion to scam really stupid religious people. "God wants me to be president......God wants wars...."

Alright, find me a real quite where GWB said God wants him to be president and God wants wars. Until then, zip your lip.

10. Sins and all that fun stuff. Arent you sick of everyone telling you how to live? First we of course have the law telling us all the things we'll go to jail for, then we have church telling us all the things we'll go to hell for. Let me live my ****ing life!

Lord, the price of being an adult and having responsibility! It's overbearing. Look...for every action there is a consequence. You choose what you want to do with your life, therefor you are living your ****ing life...as you put it. But in all maturity, you can't go rape a goat on the lawn of Senator Lott and expect to come out clean.

11. Lastly and most importantly. People starve everyday, while churches take a lot of money in every service and use it to do things like buy new song books or 'renovate' or get 'cooler' life size jesus action figures. Everyone is blind.

My only answer to this is: You eat everyday, have a roof over your head, and use a computer to post crap like this...what are you doing about the starving people?

-----------------------------------------

Now, I am in no way a religious man. I was raised Roman Catholic, and I am a spiritual person...but I do not practice anymore...by choice! But Blah, atleast have some sense to create a post/debate/argument that has even the most minute purpose and intelligence.

Quid Pro Quo said:
Blah, I'm going to rank you right up there with canuck. This is the third post of yours I have read, and it is along the same lines as all the others...emotionally based ***** posted for the purposes of puckering arseholes.

Response: You are a **** face.

Quid Pro Quo said:
Religion didn't condone racism, people condone/d racism. I believe the bible says "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" Leviticus 19:18

Response: Seperate churches for people of seperate colors, the churches did let this happen did they not? Were the priests and religious people not also racist?

Quid Pro Quo said:
And I think you took your point a bit to the extreme in terms of "Lust".

I had consulted with my CCD group back in the day, and yes, thinking one who is of the opposite sex and not in your interest to marry is attractive, is lust.

Quid Pro Quo said:
What? I think the keyword in all religion is BELIEF.

Response: BUT you would not have that belief now would you? If Jesus materialized in your bedroom tonight, would you believe?

Quid Pro Quo said:
Finally, something I can agree with you on...halfway. It matters both what you spent your life doing AND what you believed in. They go hand in hand as a servant of God.

Response: Shut up about god, what you do with your life is the sole factor in determining what kind of person you are. Not what god or religion you believe in.

Quid Pro Quo said:
Alright, find me a real quite where GWB said God wants him to be president and God wants wars. Until then, zip your lip.

Response: He has said "I believe God wants me to be president" http://www.herbely.com/2004/09/god_wants_me_to.html He has said that he is spoken to by god. Supposedly, the white house not admitting to this, he has told others that God even told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...AR2005101301688.html?nav=rss_politics/fedpage

Quid Pro Quo said:
Lord, the price of being an adult and having responsibility! It's overbearing. Look...for every action there is a consequence. You choose what you want to do with your life, therefor you are living your ****ing life...as you put it. But in all maturity, you can't go rape a goat on the lawn of Senator Lott and expect to come out clean.

Response: You could be randomly selected at an airport to be whisked off to Syria for some awesome torture. But you cant ingest certain chemicals. Or say certain words out loud at certain times. You can however parade down the streets as a Nazi. Two points for the blue team!

Quid Pro Quo said:
My only answer to this is: You eat everyday, have a roof over your head, and use a computer to post crap like this...what are you doing about the starving people?

Response: I also have to survive. I work hard and support myself. And I'm not a church.
-----------------------------------------

Quid Pro Quo said:
Now, I am in no way a religious man. I was raised Roman Catholic, and I am a spiritual person...but I do not practice anymore...by choice! But Blah, atleast have some sense to create a post/debate/argument that has even the most minute purpose and intelligence.

Response: My points had intelligence, you are just a **** face.

Last edited:
I rest my case, moron. Thank you for making my points for me.

As Galen is so fond of saying "Shut the **** up mother****er"

Quid Pro Quo said:
I rest my case, moron. Thank you for making my points for me.

As Galen is so fond of saying "Shut the **** up mother****er"

I havent made any points for you.

You've made the most important and last point for me, pal.

But Blah, atleast have some sense to create a post/debate/argument that has even the most minute purpose and intelligence.

I provided a post in kind, formed with opinion and biblical text (I want call it fact for my own purposes and survival. :lol: )

Did you bother to give any like opinion in rebuttal? No.

Response: My points had intelligence, you are just a **** face.

You chose this route instead. You have alot to learn, young man. This is the basement, and everyone is entitled to post whatever rant/rave/blasphemous thing they want. But likewise, others are allowed to post in response. Next time, be a little more intelligent when confronted on your posts...I promise, it will make things more interesting.

Quid Pro Quo said:
You've made the most important and last point for me, pal.

I provided a post in kind, formed with opinion and biblical text (I want call it fact for my own purposes and survival. :lol: )

Did you bother to give any like opinion in rebuttal? No.

You chose this route instead. You have alot to learn, young man. This is the basement, and everyone is entitled to post whatever rant/rave/blasphemous thing they want. But likewise, others are allowed to post in response. Next time, be a little more intelligent when confronted on your posts...I promise, it will make things more interesting.

Well, true, my last point was weak, but that doesnt make all the other things I said invisible? Things you entered from a fictional book arent any more valid.

These are just my views, would it be unfair to hold the catholic church to higher standards than I would hold myself?

Back
Top Bottom