• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vegetarianism/Veganism

gfytt689 said:
veggie burgers arent as good as meat but it is preety good. i bought the veggie burger from burder king and when i was there iy was full of people eating meat and all these pictures of hamburgers were on the wall. i wanted a hamburger so badly. so i just quickly walked up to the machine ( the burger kings where i live dont have cashiers anymore there are just computers) and i ordered a veggie burger meal.
then for dinner we went to my uncles house because its my cousins birthday and they had hotdogs and hamburgers and steak. i seriously almost gave up. i walked up to the hotdogs and said "screw this bet i cant take this anymore". and i put the hotdag on a bun and onto my plate. but the second i sat down to eat it i realized that i dont want to eat it. because if i would have ate that hotdog then i wouldnt have done it. so i gave the hotdog to my dad and took some rice and potatoes.

So are you going to keep doing this once the week is up?:mrgreen:

Kelzie said:
So are you going to keep doing this once the week is up?:mrgreen:
Ive been thinking about this but i dont think i can keep this up. today took all my will power. the day im done is both my uncle and my cousins birthday and im going to make that day perfect. i already decided all my meals. for breakfast im going to eat the grand slam breakfast. then for lunch im going to have a big mac and a double quarter pounder with cheese. then for dinner im going to finally have those hotdogs. its going to be the best day. and the next day im going to have taco bell but from that moment on im going to nnot eat as much meat as i normally do and im only going to eat fast food once a week if i even eat any. sorry about that one day by the way it may disgust you.

gfytt689 said:
Ive been thinking about this but i dont think i can keep this up. today took all my will power. the day im done is both my uncle and my cousins birthday and im going to make that day perfect. i already decided all my meals. for breakfast im going to eat the grand slam breakfast. then for lunch im going to have a big mac and a double quarter pounder with cheese. then for dinner im going to finally have those hotdogs. its going to be the best day. and the next day im going to have taco bell but from that moment on im going to nnot eat as much meat as i normally do and im only going to eat fast food once a week if i even eat any. sorry about that one day by the way it may disgust you.

:lol: It doesn't disgust me. You sound like a person coming off the Atkins diet in reverse though.

Kelzie said:
:lol: It doesn't disgust me. You sound like a person coming off the Atkins diet in reverse though.
when you did eat meat did you like it?

and didnt the atkins diet file for bankrupcy?

gfytt689 said:
when you did eat meat did you like it?

and didnt the atkins diet file for bankrupcy?

Loved it!! Nice lamb chop, medium rare, I was in heaven. That's why I don't hate meat-eaters.

And why yes, yes they did. That would be because it was a stupid, idiotic and dangerous diet.

Kelzie said:
Loved it!! Nice lamb chop, medium rare, I was in heaven. That's why I don't hate meat-eaters.

And why yes, yes they did. That would be because it was a stupid, idiotic and dangerous diet.
the atkins diet didnt even work did it. i know a lot of people who went on that diet and lost weight at first but after a couple weeks they just gained it all back.

if u liked meat then why are you a vegan? why didnt you just cut down on the meat?

gfytt689 said:
the atkins diet didnt even work did it. i know a lot of people who went on that diet and lost weight at first but after a couple weeks they just gained it all back.

if u liked meat then why are you a vegan? why didnt you just cut down on the meat?

So many, many reasons. I think it is wrong to kill an animal to satisfy your tastebuds. And that is the only reason people eat meat.

And it is healthier.

And it is better for the environment.

Kelzie said:
So many, many reasons. I think it is wrong to kill an animal to satisfy your tastebuds. And that is the only reason people eat meat.

And it is healthier.

And it is better for the environment.

it isnt that much healthier. think about it, most vegans and vegeterians take pills for iron and protein. the person needs a perfect diet in order for a person not to take pills and be a vegan or vegeterian. you have a perfect diet. but not many people that eat meat take pills for iron and protein. thats why i much rather eat meat. because i cant eat like i have been over the past few days for the rest of my life.

gfytt689 said:
it isnt that much healthier. think about it, most vegans and vegeterians take pills for iron and protein. the person needs a perfect diet in order for a person not to take pills and be a vegan or vegeterian. you have a perfect diet. but not many people that eat meat take pills for iron and protein. thats why i much rather eat meat. because i cant eat like i have been over the past few days for the rest of my life.

I certainly don't have a perfect diet. And I really don't try that hard either. I just eat a variety of food, and it works out. I think that's how humans were meant to eat.

Kelzie said:
I certainly don't have a perfect diet. And I really don't try that hard either. I just eat a variety of food, and it works out. I think that's how humans were meant to eat.
you have a better diet than those people that takes pills. i think that humans were meant to have a variety of foods but also meat. thats just what i think. maybe meat is supposed to be higher up on the food chain. who knows.

gfytt689 said:

Actually, I don't think that MOST vegans and vegetarians take pills for iron and protein. And not all meat eaters are healthy. Non-vegans or vegetarians also need a perfect diet so that they can get all the essential vitamins and nutrients that they need. And did you know that the average person consumes 400% more protein than they need, causing an excess buildup of nitrogen in the bloodstream, which leads to a variety of medical problems? I think the average person gets enough protein, and vegans/vegetarians are no exception.

loverofpeace said:
Actually, I don't think that MOST vegans and vegetarians take pills for iron and protein. And not all meat eaters are healthy. Non-vegans or vegetarians also need a perfect diet so that they can get all the essential vitamins and nutrients that they need. And did you know that the average person consumes 400% more protein than they need, causing an excess buildup of nitrogen in the bloodstream, which leads to a variety of medical problems? I think the average person gets enough protein, and vegans/vegetarians are no exception.
every single vegeterian i know takes pills for iron. and since meat is high on protein i assumed that vegeterians also took pills for that too.it is much easier for a meat eaer to get what they need. you can either eat one hamburger or eat a bowl of peanuts. eating meat is much easier.

gfytt689 said:
every single vegeterian i know takes pills for iron. and since meat is high on protein i assumed that vegeterians also took pills for that too.it is much easier for a meat eaer to get what they need. you can either eat one hamburger or eat a bowl of peanuts. eating meat is much easier.

Every single vegetarian I know doesn't take pills for iron. In fact, I know more meat eaters taking pills for iron than I do non-meat eaters. So there you go. However, this isn't about how many people we know who take pills. It is just as easy for a meat eater to get what they need as it is for a vegetarian/vegan. There are people on both sides who do not get what they need. And there's actually an easier way to get protein than through meat or peanuts: soy. Soy's easier to produce, uses less resources, and does less harm to the environment. It's also high in protein and contains all of the essential amino acids. It also reduces the bad cholesterol. Perfect.

And not all people like the taste of meat.

However, if you want to eat meat, that's fine. I'm just saying that vegetarians and vegans don't have it as hard as you think.

loverofpeace said:
Every single vegetarian I know doesn't take pills for iron. In fact, I know more meat eaters taking pills for iron than I do non-meat eaters. So there you go. However, this isn't about how many people we know who take pills. It is just as easy for a meat eater to get what they need as it is for a vegetarian/vegan. There are people on both sides who do not get what they need. And there's actually an easier way to get protein than through meat or peanuts: soy. Soy's easier to produce, uses less resources, and does less harm to the environment. It's also high in protein and contains all of the essential amino acids. It also reduces the bad cholesterol. Perfect.

And not all people like the taste of meat.

However, if you want to eat meat, that's fine. I'm just saying that vegetarians and vegans don't have it as hard as you think.

i think vegeterians and vegans have it as hard as i think. i know it.

over the past few days ive been a vegeterian and i cant take it. according to kelzie ive been having a good diet, but when i go play basketball im on the floor after a couple of minutes and all i know is back when i ate meat i went a much longer time before i would go panting. i could go hours. even during the florida summer. i dont know if it had to do with me being a vegeterian, but i never feel as i did when i ate meat. not only when im playing sports. i always wake up to these big headaches(coffee doesnt help i tried) and they last a few hours, it takes a lot more food for me to get full, i get hungry really quickly, and my mood seems to change a lot.

but i do find it hard to beleive that you know more meat eaters that take pills for iron. im not calling you a lier or anything but ive been looking for a sight that says that more meat eaters take pills for iron and so far ive been having trouble. so could you please find one.:mrgreen: i'll keep looking but just incase you know a sight that i dont or are searching something different on google.

gfytt689 said:
i think vegeterians and vegans have it as hard as i think. i know it.

over the past few days ive been a vegeterian and i cant take it. according to kelzie ive been having a good diet, but when i go play basketball im on the floor after a couple of minutes and all i know is back when i ate meat i went a much longer time before i would go panting. i could go hours. even during the florida summer. i dont know if it had to do with me being a vegeterian, but i never feel as i did when i ate meat. not only when im playing sports. i always wake up to these big headaches(coffee doesnt help i tried) and they last a few hours, it takes a lot more food for me to get full, i get hungry really quickly, and my mood seems to change a lot.

but i do find it hard to beleive that you know more meat eaters that take pills for iron. im not calling you a lier or anything but ive been looking for a sight that says that more meat eaters take pills for iron and so far ive been having trouble. so could you please find one.:mrgreen: i'll keep looking but just incase you know a sight that i dont or are searching something different on google.

Geez the vegetarians you know probably aren't as healthy as the vegetarians I know.

Sorry the diet's not workin out for you... that's too bad. I guess it's not for everybody. Although have you tried talking to a doctor or a health professional about it? I'm sure they'd know more about the subject than I would. And of course coffee won't help your headaches... :) I like the feeling of not being full from vegetarianism.. I have a lesser chance of overeating and having weight problems. I enjoy eating a little bit throughout the day rather than gorging on three big meals. That's just me. I don't think the mood swings have anything to do with vegetarianism. The getting hungry really quickly part could also be because you have a fast metabolism. (I mean, you're an athlete and you tried out this vegetarian stuff)

I don't need a website to prove that of the people I know, more meat eaters take pills than vegetarians. I don't have a single vegetarian friend who takes iron or needs to take it. However, I know plenty of meat-eating, different aged people who have to take these pills. We just hang out in different crowds. That's all. In all reality, there's probably a site out there that will agree to anyone's point of view. I think some people need to take iron because they're unhealthy, vegetarian or not. There are irresponsible people on either side.

But I do encourage you to get even more information on the subject, and give the vegetarian thing a go again! Good luck!

loverofpeace said:
Geez the vegetarians you know probably aren't as healthy as the vegetarians I know.

Sorry the diet's not workin out for you... that's too bad. I guess it's not for everybody. Although have you tried talking to a doctor or a health professional about it? I'm sure they'd know more about the subject than I would. And of course coffee won't help your headaches... :) I like the feeling of not being full from vegetarianism.. I have a lesser chance of overeating and having weight problems. I enjoy eating a little bit throughout the day rather than gorging on three big meals. That's just me. I don't think the mood swings have anything to do with vegetarianism. The getting hungry really quickly part could also be because you have a fast metabolism. (I mean, you're an athlete and you tried out this vegetarian stuff)

I don't need a website to prove that of the people I know, more meat eaters take pills than vegetarians. I don't have a single vegetarian friend who takes iron or needs to take it. However, I know plenty of meat-eating, different aged people who have to take these pills. We just hang out in different crowds. That's all. In all reality, there's probably a site out there that will agree to anyone's point of view. I think some people need to take iron because they're unhealthy, vegetarian or not. There are irresponsible people on either side.

But I do encourage you to get even more information on the subject, and give the vegetarian thing a go again! Good luck!

coffee almost always helps my headaches.lol. if you drink coffee every day you would know what im talking about. because sometimes you wake up with these big headaches and then you drink coffee and it sooths the pain.

when im eating a love to be full. its not like i have a chance of becoming fat. i exercise too much. :mrgreen: im a swimming teacher and i play basketball almost daily. so there isnt a chance that ill become fat. but back to the subject when i eat meat i could have one steak with a side and ill be full. but when i dont eat meat it took me so long. i ate two veggie burgers from cheeburger cheeburger and is still wasnt full. theres something with tofu that doesnt make me full.

and im not being a vegeterian for life. i lost a bet to my cousin and i have to be a vegeterian for a week. today was day 5.

i think the mood swings have a lot to do with being a vegeterian. because i dont feel like a ate enough. when i ate meat i was always happy. especially after a big mac. oh i miss big macs so much.

the vegeterians and vegans i know are crazy. they forced me to join peta. i dont mind peta though. all of my vegan friends will rally and stuff like that because of testing products on animals. but the way i see it is would you rather test medicine on a rat or a human. i much rather test it on a rat.

Yeah, I don't know what to say about the energy. I ran a ten mile race last October, and I swim and bike almost every day, and I'm fine. Maybe not ebough veggies?

Kelzie said:
Yeah, I don't know what to say about the energy. I ran a ten mile race last October, and I swim and bike almost every day, and I'm fine. Maybe not ebough veggies?

i dont why my energy is going down either but it is. all i know is my points are down and my steals are down. everything im good at. i also tried these diets on a site i think it was called www.tryveg.com or something like that.

gfytt689 said:
i dont why my energy is going down either but it is. all i know is my points are down and my steals are down. everything im good at. i also tried these diets on a site i think it was called www.tryveg.com or something like that.

Hmm..gotta be the type of carbs you're eating. You are still getting enough protein, and the body usually doesn't rely on protein for energy anyway.

Kelzie said:
Hmm..gotta be the type of carbs you're eating. You are still getting enough protein, and the body usually doesn't rely on protein for energy anyway.

im positive that it isnt the carbs. i have rice or bread with almost every meal. i think i do have them with every meal.

gfytt689 said:
im positive that it isnt the carbs. i have rice or bread with almost every meal. i think i do have them with every meal.

It really can't be anything else. Your body should never be using protein for energy. It takes way more effort than carbs, and you start eating into your muscles. And there's no way you could have an iron deficiency this soon. Maybe your body is just adjusting. That's my best guess.

Kelzie said:
It really can't be anything else. Your body should never be using protein for energy. It takes way more effort than carbs, and you start eating into your muscles. And there's no way you could have an iron deficiency this soon. Maybe your body is just adjusting. That's my best guess.
oh im positive it isnt the protein and im preety sure i dont have an iron deficiency. i cant its only been five days. but im really on energy and it probably is my body adjusting. i really want meat. i almost bought a big mac today. i was coming back from work and i was sarving and i paarked at mcdonalds but i decided that i went four days i think i can go three more days.

i think i have too much caffeine going through me right now. im getting drowsy but i had 2 coffees, a bottle of coke, and a can. that has to be way to much caffeine for a day.

gfytt689 said:
oh im positive it isnt the protein and im preety sure i dont have an iron deficiency. i cant its only been five days. but im really on energy and it probably is my body adjusting. i really want meat. i almost bought a big mac today. i was coming back from work and i was sarving and i paarked at mcdonalds but i decided that i went four days i think i can go three more days.

i think i have too much caffeine going through me right now. im getting drowsy but i had 2 coffees, a bottle of coke, and a can. that has to be way to much caffeine for a day.

Umm yes. Yes it is. Caffeine can crash you pretty hard. Maybe that's your problem.

Kelzie said:
Umm yes. Yes it is. Caffeine can crash you pretty hard. Maybe that's your problem.

no caffeine cant be my problem because i only have a cup a day. and today i felt like if i didnt drink the coffee or the coke i would fall asleep at the spot.

gfytt689 said:
no caffeine cant be my problem because i only have a cup a day. and today i felt like if i didnt drink the coffee or the coke i would fall asleep at the spot.

I dunno what to tell you. Everybody adjusts to a change in diet differently.

Back
Top Bottom