• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vegas water intake now visible at drought-stricken Lake Mead

Bullshit. I never made such a claim. My claim isn't only that more people are causing the problems. My claim is there is less rainfall, and more people are making it harder to bear.
This is just dumb. How can more people be causing the problems and making it harder to bear when more people are actually using less water? They can't. This is just more of your idiotic denialism that you people resort to when you can't argue a point. And you didn't claim that there was less rainfall. You actually said that rainfall was within the normal cyclical activity. And that isn't true either. The fact of the matter is that the Colorado river basin is seeing a drought that it hasn't seen the likes of in over two hundred years. All of your arguments are a joke!!
You, and those like you, are the ones who are in error. Not my fault you cannot comprehend two or more variables in play at the same time, and have so single out one just so you can irritate other. But it makes you look pretty bad doing so.
Yeah... you keep saying I am in error but are unable to prove it. Not even once in almost 8 years. All you have is talk and lies.
Keep looking foolish. I don't care. Not my fault you deny what I say, and assign your own meaning, just so you can argue.
You are the one who has to lie and make false statements over and over again. And don't just start spouting more lies... prove I am wrong with something more than just talk.

This is just dumb. How can more people be causing the problems and making it harder to bear when more people are actually using less water? They can't. This is just more of your idiotic denialism that you people resort to when you can't argue a point. And you didn't claim that there was less rainfall. You actually said that rainfall was within the normal cyclical activity. And that isn't true either. The fact of the matter is that the Colorado river basin is seeing a drought that it hasn't seen the likes of in over two hundred years. All of your arguments are a joke!!
The water usage is declining less than the water supply is decreasing. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?
Yeah... you keep saying I am in error but are unable to prove it. Not even once in almost 8 years. All you have is talk and lies.
Do you really want me to point out every time you are wrong about something? All I do is say my piece about something and don't point out the obvious about you, until you make it about me.
You are the one who has to lie and make false statements over and over again. And don't just start spouting more lies... prove I am wrong with something more than just talk.
Bullshit.

Too bad you continually derail threads making them about me. I'm sorry that's all you have.

The water usage is declining less than the water supply is decreasing.
Obviously. Otherwise, water levels would be going up. At least you admit you were wrong to claim that people and agriculture are still increasing water usage and that it is the decreasing supply from a massive drought that is causing the shortage.
Why is that so difficult to comprehend?
Now, why would you suggest that I don't comprehend? You can't point to anything I am wrong about.
Do you really want me to point out every time you are wrong about something?
Please do instead of just constantly telling me I am wrong without any specifics. I am getting really sick and tired of you saying I am wrong when you can't cite a single instance where you actually prove me wrong. NOT EVEN ONCE! EVER!!
All I do is say my piece about something and don't point out the obvious about you, until you make it about me.
Bullshit!! You just recently started jumping into debates you are not even taking part in just to attack me. You even recently stated that you reserve the right to retaliate against me. For what?? For proving you wrong.
Too bad you continually derail threads making them about me. I'm sorry that's all you have.
It isn't about you. It is about your false or misleading statements. Please... don't pretend that you are the victim when it is your BS lies and misinformation that cause me to call you out.

Obviously. Otherwise, water levels would be going up. At least you admit you were wrong to claim that people and agriculture are still increasing water usage and that it is the decreasing supply from a massive drought that is causing the shortage.
Damn Buzz. There you go again, proving you don't know what others are saying, and argue against a point not made.

Historically, we are using far more water than the past. And I'm not speaking of the recent past like you ASSumed. Just because we cut usage during this drought, doesn't mean I am wrong.

You are wrong for you idiotic assumptions. Instead of asking me to elaborate, you just say I'm wrong.

Over and over, you jump to incorrect assumptions. Says volumes of you poor character.

Now, why would you suggest that I don't comprehend? You can't point to anything I am wrong about.
You don't comprehend. I keep trying to get it to click in your mind, but you are so D-K'd, you think everyone is wrong who doesn't agree with you.

Words have meaning, and if something is left open for interpretation, then it is really stupid to jump to a conclusion without asking for elaboration.
Please do instead of just constantly telling me I am wrong without any specifics. I am getting really sick and tired of you saying I am wrong when you can't cite a single instance where you actually prove me wrong. NOT EVEN ONCE! EVER!!
I do explain things when I say someone is wrong, but I don't dwell on it like you do.

Look at you. You have to go back months, and even a year or more to make a claim I'm wrong, and you still don't make a proper case. Let's take that 95% for example. I never said it was "95%." I said something to the effect it is "about 95%." What type of an error margin did I assign? Guess what.... I didn't... So just how in the F' cam you claim I am wrong?

Word have meaning. I have been saying this for years, and you still don't comprehend that simple fact!

Bullshit!! You just recently started jumping into debates you are not even taking part in just to attack me. You even recently stated that you reserve the right to retaliate against me. For what?? For proving you wrong.
Are you sure? I don't remember ever firing the first shot. Call me Rambo. I don't draw first blood.
It isn't about you. It is about your false or misleading statements. Please... don't pretend that you are the victim when it is your BS lies and misinformation that cause me to call you out.
Yet, you cannot prove any of my statements are false. As for misleading, if you don't like the way I temper my words, then you really haven't read very many peer reviewed papers on the climate. I discuss things in a very similar manner that they do, giving my remarks no more quantification than can be justified. That's simply your confirmation bias and lack of comprehending what is said, so you fill in the blanks in a manner thinking I am wrong. But it is you that is wrong.

Words have meaning Buzz.

I am really tired of you attacking me and my integrity, when it is you that has little understanding of these sciences, and little, if any integrity.

Look Buzz. If you want to prove me wrong on something, then do so. Just claiming I am wrong, and offering so-called proof that doesn't address my statement properly, is a failure on your part. Not mine.

Damn Buzz. There you go again, proving you don't know what others are saying, and argue against a point not made.
Point not made? What are you talking about? You said, "The water usage is declining less than the water supply is decreasing." That is far different from what you originally stated when you said that usage was going up and that the supply was seeing normal climatic cycles.
Historically, we are using far more water than the past. And I'm not speaking of the recent past like you ASSumed. Just because we cut usage during this drought, doesn't mean I am wrong.
Since when has this discussion been about historical water usage? It never was. It is about what is happening to Lake Mead's water levels now. You are just moving the goal posts because your inflated ego won't let you admit that you were wrong.
You are wrong for you idiotic assumptions. Instead of asking me to elaborate, you just say I'm wrong.

Over and over, you jump to incorrect assumptions.
That is just more BS! When I say you are wrong I provide facts and sources to back up what I say. All you have is mostly talk and can almost never prove jack.
Says volumes of you poor character.
There you go again with the personal attacks.
You don't comprehend. I keep trying to get it to click in your mind, but you are so D-K'd, you think everyone is wrong who doesn't agree with you.

Words have meaning, and if something is left open for interpretation, then it is really stupid to jump to a conclusion without asking for elaboration.
Blah, blah, blah... just more talk without any substance but with plenty of insults.
I do explain things when I say someone is wrong, but I don't dwell on it like you do.
Don't dwell on it?

:ROFLMAO:

I thought you said I could have the last word in this discussion. Looks to me like you are dwelling on me proving you wrong. That's why you frequently go on trolling sprees attacking me after I embarrass you. You have been doing this for years.
Look at you. You have to go back months, and even a year or more to make a claim I'm wrong, and you still don't make a proper case.
I don't have to go back months or years. That is just more BS. You were wrong just a few days ago here in this thread. I can cite many recent episodes of me proving you wrong. Like your recent idiotic claim that UHI caused a 65F temperature anomaly in Antarctica.
Let's take that 95% for example. I never said it was "95%." I said something to the effect it is "about 95%." What type of an error margin did I assign? Guess what.... I didn't... So just how in the F' cam you claim I am wrong?
If I remember correctly you said that it was over 90% but used 95% in your math. And the fact of the matter is that I provided reports that suggested the more realistic number was closer to 55%. That's how I can claim you were wrong. And that wasn't the only thing you got wrong in that idiotic thought experiment.
Word have meaning. I have been saying this for years, and you still don't comprehend that simple fact!
You saying "words have meaning" over and over again doesn't prove anything. It is nothing but a stupid talking point.
Are you sure? I don't remember ever firing the first shot. Call me Rambo. I don't draw first blood.
I just provided an example of you jumping into a discussion for the sole purpose of attacking me.
Yet, you cannot prove any of my statements are false.
And there you go... just outright lying again. I have proven you wrong many times. Why can't you just be a man and admit it?
As for misleading, if you don't like the way I temper my words, then you really haven't read very many peer reviewed papers on the climate. I discuss things in a very similar manner that they do, giving my remarks no more quantification than can be justified. That's simply your confirmation bias and lack of comprehending what is said, so you fill in the blanks in a manner thinking I am wrong. But it is you that is wrong.

Words have meaning Buzz.

I am really tired of you attacking me and my integrity, when it is you that has little understanding of these sciences, and little, if any integrity.
Lie, after lie, after lie... You just can't stop, can you??

Point not made? What are you talking about? You said, "The water usage is declining less than the water supply is decreasing." That is far different from what you originally stated when you said that usage was going up and that the supply was seeing normal climatic cycles.
Why? Because you can't deal with two or more variables? I pointed out you need to ask for someone to elabotare, instead of using your confirmation bias to base things on. I even pointed out in post #50 I was speaking of long term data.

I have several time pointed out that you, watsup, and other are wrong simply for using confirmation bias. When will you guys learn?
Since when has this discussion been about historical water usage? It never was. It is about what is happening to Lake Mead's water levels now. You are just moving the goal posts because your inflated ego won't let you admit that you were wrong.
Post #9 had a long term data graph.

Did you miss it?
That is just more BS! When I say you are wrong I provide facts and sources to back up what I say. All you have is mostly talk and can almost never prove jack.
Triple bullshit.
There you go again with the personal attacks.
If you say so. I just call it like I see it. The truth can hurt.
I don't have to go back months or years. That is just more BS. You were wrong just a few days ago here in this thread. I can cite many recent episodes of me proving you wrong. Like your recent idiotic claim that UHI caused a 65F temperature anomaly in Antarctica.
See, their you go with your D-K style confirmation bias again.

I NEVER SAID THAT! THAT IS A LIE!

I inferred it could be, but never stated it as fact. My God Buzz. We already covered this, and I quoted the words showing I did not say it the way you paraphrase it. How can you continually deny the facts?

Words have meaning Buzz, how many times will you deny that?

If I remember correctly you said that it was over 90% but used 95% in your math. And the fact of the matter is that I provided reports that suggested the more realistic number was closer to 55%. That's how I can claim you were wrong. And that wasn't the only thing you got wrong in that idiotic thought experiment.
You claim I was wrong on an estimate with no error band, and cite that number without showing your reference.

Buzz, it doesn't work that way. Your opinion do not prove mine wrong.
You saying "words have meaning" over and over again doesn't prove anything. It is nothing but a stupid talking point.
That is a fact. Not a talking point.
I just provided an example of you jumping into a discussion for the sole purpose of attacking me.
Which was that? I remember you claiming I did, but I don't remember you citing the example. I may have, but only because you are relentlessly taunting Longview and PoS.
And there you go... just outright lying again. I have proven you wrong many times. Why can't you just be a man and admit it?

Lie, after lie, after lie... You just can't stop, can you??
Believe as you wish. I would like to see a cop[y of your fictional dictionary with your alt-definitions.

Last edited:
I pointed out you need to ask for someone to elabotare, instead of using your confirmation bias to base things on.
It is not my responsibility to ask you to elaborate every time you get your facts wrong. If you don't want me to call you out on your falsehoods then either don't say them or be more careful in how you say things.
I even pointed out in post #50 I was speaking of long term data.
You were talking about climate data for hundreds of years before the Hoover dam was even built and not about man's water usage. Sorry, LoP... but that doesn't justify you suddenly wanting to talk about historical water usage after the fact.
I have several time pointed out that you, watsup, and other are wrong simply for using confirmation bias. When will you guys learn?
Just because you say something doesn't mean it is automatically true.
Post #9 had a long term data graph.

Did you miss it?
Nope. I ignored it because the data had almost nothing to do with Lake Mead's water levels or man's usage of its water. The data wasn't even for Colorado's river basin.
See, their you go with your D-K style confirmation bias again.

I NEVER SAID THAT! THAT IS A LIE!

I inferred it could be, but never stated it as fact. My God Buzz. We already covered this, and I quoted the words showing I did not say it the way you paraphrase it. How can you continually deny the facts?

Words have meaning Buzz, how many times will you deny that?
You said that you believed it to be true. Don't try and weasel your way out of what you said with weasel words. We all know how much you hate weasel words.
You claim I was wrong on an estimate with no error band, and cite that number without showing your reference.
So what if there is no error band? That doesn't prove or disprove anything. And I have shown the reference many times.
Buzz, it doesn't work that way. Your opinion do not prove mine wrong.
It wasn't my opinion. It was data from a series of reports put out by the city.
That is a fact. Not a talking point.
Yes, it is. And it is a stupid talking point as well.
Which was that? I remember you claiming I did, but I don't remember you citing the example.
There was a link in the line where I accused you of attacking me in a thread you were not taking part in.
I may have, but only because you are relentlessly taunting Longview and PoS.
I am not taunting anyone. I am pointing out where they are wrong. Did you see where PoS idiotically said that Lake Mead gets its water from the runoff from the Hoover dam?? That was just comedy gold!! :LOL:

Believe as you wish.
Until you can actually prove me wrong... I am going to believe as I wish.

By for now Buzz. When you stop making excuses for your inadaquate claims of proving people wrong, let me know. In the future, maybe you shopuld provide proof when you claim such, instead of your empty words and rationalizations.

By for now Buzz. When you stop making excuses for your inadaquate claims of proving people wrong, let me know. In the future, maybe you shopuld provide proof when you claim such, instead of your empty words and rationalizations.
Oh, give me a friggin break. I provided 5 different sources that back up what I am saying and used the one source you provided to back me up as well. And Lord Tammerlain provided another.

Why in the hell can't you accept reality for once and quit lying all the damn time?

Oh, give me a friggin break. I provided 5 different sources that back up what I am saying and used the one source you provided to back me up as well. And Lord Tammerlain provided another.

Why in the hell can't you accept reality for once and quit lying all the damn time?
Bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom