• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vegas water intake now visible at drought-stricken Lake Mead

Reactions: PoS
What do you think he was suggesting when he said this?

You are just in denial.

BS

Really? Then why can't you ever prove it?

I know I understand things better than you. That is why I can cite literally hundreds of instances of me proving you wrong. But you can't cite even one time where you have proven me wrong. NOT EVEN ONCE!

That is just nothing but projection.
LOL all this word salad about nothing. Thanks for proving that your arguments are as empty as your knowledge in climate science. :ROFLMAO:

If I remember right, my response to that dispelled your improper correction.
Your memory is crap and you didn't dispel anything.
Why are you using a blog to claim I'm wrong? maybe you should find the actual facts?
Because the author is an expert in the field of water resources who provided facts. You certainly can't refute the graph I provided.

And here and here are two more sources that back up the data in the graph I provided. They all show declining water usage over about the last 20 years.
Yes, we use less water per person. So what. Our population percentage increases have exceeded the savings per person.
Not true... at least for the last 20 years or so. You are just making an assumption based on what you want to believe.
There is no long term data of the Colorado basin to suggest that AGW has had any effect on the Colorado Basin water supply. I pulled the data from 0 to 2017 and graphed it. A 100 year running average trend line had the peak dry period before 1800. Centered around the year 1,000. I used the data from this link:

A 100-year running mean??

:ROFLMAO:

That is just stupid as you would not be able to see any short-term trends. They would be hidden by such a large running mean.

Here is a graph of the last 42 years that clearly shows the drying trend of the Colorado basin from your link:

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 11-28-47 Colorado Region Conditions.png

And from a study I found:

A groundbreaking new research report demonstrates that our changing climate has resulted in a 19% decline in Colorado River flows in the last two decades.

You don't know what you are talking about... as usual.

LOL all this word salad about nothing. Thanks for proving that your arguments are as empty as your knowledge in climate science. :ROFLMAO:
It is not word salad about nothing. I am sorry you don't have the knowledge and ability to understand the arguments being made here. And, of course, you don't comprehend that your insistence that Lake Mead is drying up due to being located in a desert is a joke.

Seriously, dude... nobody except full-blown denialists take what you say seriously. You get your facts wrong constantly, love to repeat denialist talking points, and make a fool of yourself on a regular basis.

Like saying that Lake Mead gets its water from the runoff of the Hoover damn!!

:LOL: 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

I bet you believe in perpetual motion machines too... don't you?

Your memory is crap and you didn't dispel anything.

Because the author is an expert in the field of water resources who provided facts. You certainly can't refute the graph I provided.

And here and here are two more sources that back up the data in the graph I provided. They all show declining water usage over about the last 20 years.
I don't care who he claims to be.

IT IS A BLOG!

If you want to debate using his material, fine. You lose. Us the actual factual source data. Not his blog material.
Not true... at least for the last 20 years or so. You are just making an assumption based on what you want to believe.

A 100-year running mean??

Like it or not, the link has data for over 2000 years. Take the data and graph it with what ever term you want.
That is just stupid as you would not be able to see any short-term trends. They would be hidden by such a large running mean.
Short term trends are meaningless to see the natural variations. All you see is the effects of a multitude of short term perturbance.
Here is a graph of the last 42 years that clearly shows the drying trend of the Colorado basin from your link:

View attachment 67389309

And from a study I found:

You don't know what you are talking about... as usual.
The last 42 years cannot be reliably used for a trend of such nature. Your study speaks of Lee's Ferry which is downstream of the dam! The very first sentence of the link you provide says:
A groundbreaking new research report demonstrates that our changing climate has resulted in a 19% decline in Colorado River flows in the last two decades. The report also shows that three of the four Upper Basin states (Utah, Colorado and New Mexico) are overusing their rights to Colorado River water and have not reduced their use in the face of a declining water supply.

I don't care who he claims to be.

IT IS A BLOG!

If you want to debate using his material, fine. You lose. Us the actual factual source data. Not his blog material.
Here we go again with the typical denialist double standard. If you denialists don't like the data then just dismiss the data because it came from a blog. But if the data is to your liking, then there is no problem with blogs. You have not only cited blogs in the past but you have also defended the use of blogs when it suits you. Why don't you quit being a hypocrite for once in your life and quit going back and forth on using blogs? And I am sorry, but just because you don't like what this blog says does not mean it isn't a legitimate source. Especially when the author is an actual expert in the field.
Like it or not, the link has data for over 2000 years. Take the data and graph it with what ever term you want.
What for? I provided a graph from your link that shows what needs showing. And it shows increasing drought over the last 40 years or so.
Short term trends are meaningless to see the natural variations. All you see is the effects of a multitude of short term perturbance.
They are not meaningless. Especially when most of the effects of man-made global warming are a relatively short-term perturbance.
The last 42 years cannot be reliably used for a trend of such nature.
Why not??
Your study speaks of Lee's Ferry which is downstream of the dam!
You don't know what you talking about. Lee's Ferry is below the dam on Glenn Canyon. Which is upstream from Lake Mead.
The very first sentence of the link you provide says: A groundbreaking new research report demonstrates that our changing climate has resulted in a 19% decline in Colorado River flows in the last two decades. The report also shows that three of the four Upper Basin states (Utah, Colorado and New Mexico) are overusing their rights to Colorado River water and have not reduced their use in the face of a declining water supply.
So?? Did you actually read any of the study or did you just scan over it? If you actually read it you would see that those three states should be reducing their usage because the amount of water in the Colorado River is declining. And just because they are overusing their share of water doesn't mean that their use is going up.

When are you going to quit making a fool of yourself and admit that the decline of Lake Mead's water level is due to increasing drought more than increased water usage??

Here we go again with the typical denialist double standard. If you denialists don't like the data then just dismiss the data because it came from a blog.
I have no idea the reliability of the blogger. I am not one to believe the words of someone I don't know.
But if the data is to your liking, then there is no problem with blogs. You have not only cited blogs in the past but you have also defended the use of blogs when it suits you. Why don't you quit being a hypocrite for once in your life and quit going back and forth on using blogs? And I am sorry, but just because you don't like what this blog says does not mean it isn't a legitimate source. Especially when the author is an actual expert in the field.
I have explained this at least a ten times to you know. Why don't you ever learn? Is your indoctrination really that strong?

1) I follow the source material bloggers use when I am exposed to their work.

2) I do not go out of my way to read material until it peaks my interest. This means quoting relevant information regarding your point.

3) You rarely ever provide a quote from proper source material, Why should I go out if my way to seek what you claim exists? Maybe you should provide a quote.

4) The times I did read a reference you provide, it most often does not support your contention, as you glean information using your confirmation bias.
What for? I provided a graph from your link that shows what needs showing. And it shows increasing drought over the last 40 years or so.
I already saw that graph. So what? It is meaningless in the history of the climate.
They are not meaningless. Especially when most of the effects of man-made global warming are a relatively short-term perturbance.

Why not??
40 years is not a long enough period to see the natural cycles withing. When will you ever learn that?
You don't know what you talking about. Lee's Ferry is below the dam on Glenn Canyon. Which is upstream from Lake Mead.
And the water going there is lass than before, after Hoover dam.
So?? Did you actually read any of the study or did you just scan over it? If you actually read it you would see that those three states should be reducing their usage because the amount of water in the Colorado River is declining. And just because they are overusing their share of water doesn't mean that their use is going up.

When are you going to quit making a fool of yourself and admit that the decline of Lake Mead's water level is due to increasing drought more than increased water usage??
Care to quote from it?

Reactions: PoS
I have no idea the reliability of the blogger. I am not one to believe the words of someone I don't know.

I have explained this at least a ten times to you know. Why don't you ever learn? Is your indoctrination really that strong?

1) I follow the source material bloggers use when I am exposed to their work.

2) I do not go out of my way to read material until it peaks my interest. This means quoting relevant information regarding your point.

3) You rarely ever provide a quote from proper source material, Why should I go out if my way to seek what you claim exists? Maybe you should provide a quote.

4) The times I did read a reference you provide, it most often does not support your contention, as you glean information using your confirmation bias.

I already saw that graph. So what? It is meaningless in the history of the climate.

40 years is not a long enough period to see the natural cycles withing. When will you ever learn that?

And the water going there is lass than before, after Hoover dam.

Care to quote from it?
Nope.

I think I am done with this debate. I have provided several sources, quotes, and graphs that back up what I say while you have provided just one link and made a claim about it without providing the graph you supposedly produced. You haven't really backed up a single thing you claim. You are all talk and no evidence, as usual. And I am getting really sick and tired of you constantly lying about me.

Later dude.

It is not word salad about nothing. I am sorry you don't have the knowledge and ability to understand the arguments being made here. And, of course, you don't comprehend that your insistence that Lake Mead is drying up due to being located in a desert is a joke.

Seriously, dude... nobody except full-blown denialists take what you say seriously. You get your facts wrong constantly, love to repeat denialist talking points, and make a fool of yourself on a regular basis.

Like saying that Lake Mead gets its water from the runoff of the Hoover damn!!

:LOL: 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

I bet you believe in perpetual motion machines too... don't you?
LOL more word salad from a guy who thinks deserts are like wetlands. :ROFLMAO:

LOL more word salad from a guy who thinks deserts are like wetlands. :ROFLMAO:
Now, where did I ever say anything that would even suggest that I think that deserts are like wetlands? I didn't. You are just lying again because you can't refute what I am saying.

Now, where did I ever say anything that would even suggest that I think that deserts are like wetlands? I didn't. You are just lying again because you can't refute what I am saying.
Of course you did: you claimed that the only reason why Lake Mead's water levels are going down is because of human caused climate change. It means youre implying that artificial lakes in deserts will never evaporate naturally.

Of course you did: you claimed that the only reason why Lake Mead's water levels are going down is because of human caused climate change. It means youre implying that artificial lakes in deserts will never evaporate naturally.
Wrong again PoS. I never said any such thing. And I didn't imply any such thing.

You literally just make shit up when you are proven wrong... don't you??

Wrong again PoS. I never said any such thing. And I didn't imply any such thing.

LOL thats exactly what youre saying. Why else would you it bring up?

LOL thats exactly what youre saying. Why else would you it bring up?
Quote me. You won't because I never said any such thing.

Quote me. You won't because I never said any such thing.
Right here:

And just because the lake is in the desert doesn't mean that it will dry up.
Exposed again! You ought to quit before you dig that hole any deeper, Buzz! :ROFLMAO:

Right here:

Exposed again! You ought to quit before you dig that hole any deeper, Buzz! :ROFLMAO:
How does that say that I think that deserts are like wetlands? It doesn't. That is just stupid.

Is that all you can do? Just make stuff up that makes no sense at all?

Looks like it to me.

How does that say that I think that deserts are like wetlands? It doesn't. That is just stupid.

Is that all you can do? Just make stuff up that makes no sense at all?

Looks like it to me.

LOL aww, youre butthurt because I got you. Here is the quotes again, just for your reference:

Pwned again! You ought to quit, Buzz, because you keep losing the argument. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:😅😂

Ready to build an interstate Eisenhower-style water pipeline system from the excess water in the east to the arid west, Lake Powell specifically? Yet!

This is what great infrastructure presidents have done. Drop some water off at the depleted Ogallala Aquiver while you’re at it. Save irrigation.

Following train routes also works. Joplin to Trinidad to Albuquerque. Then northwest to Page. LA/TX line should also be included to @AlbqOwl .

LOL aww, youre butthurt because I got you. Here is the quotes again, just for your reference:

Pwned again! You ought to quit, Buzz, because you keep losing the argument. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:😅😂
Dude... you are not making any sense.

I never once in this whole thread said that the reason the water levels are going down is due to human-caused climate change no matter how much you pretend I did. All I said is that drought is reducing the amount of water in the Colorado River. And I never said anything that would suggest that I think that a desert is like a wetland. That is just idiotic.

But go ahead and keep making a fool of yourself if you think it is helping your credibility.

Dude... you are not making any sense.

I never once in this whole thread said that the reason the water levels are going down is due to human-caused climate change no matter how much you pretend I did. All I said is that drought is reducing the amount of water in the Colorado River. And I never said anything that would suggest that I think that a desert is like a wetland. That is just idiotic.

But go ahead and keep making a fool of yourself if you think it is helping your credibility.

LOL I'll just keep bringing up your quote since it's all the evidence I need to prove you wrong:

LOL I'll just keep bringing up your quote since it's all the evidence I need to prove you wrong:
Do you really think this proves me wrong??

That is just dumb.

And let us not forget what you said:

Lake Mead is artificial and was formed from the run off of the Hoover Dam.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :rolleyes:

Just gotta have those golf courses, right?

If you would take a time out with the hyperbole and the "I hate golfers" partisan nonsense, you might read up on Nevada golf courses working closely with municipalities using recycled water.

If you would take a time out with the hyperbole and the "I hate golfers" partisan nonsense, you might read up on Nevada golf courses working closely with municipalities using recycled water.
Everyone hates golfers.

Do you really think this proves me wrong??

That is just dumb.

And let us not forget what you said:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: 🤪 :rolleyes:
LMAO! Now youre deflecting because you know you were wrong!

Here is your quote again:

Buzz thinks artificial lakes in deserts dont evaporate! One for the ages! :LOL::ROFLMAO::love:😁😆😅

LMAO! Now youre deflecting because you know you were wrong!

Here is your quote again:

Buzz thinks artificial lakes in deserts dont evaporate! One for the ages! :LOL::ROFLMAO::love:😁😆😅
That is not what I think. I am well aware that lakes evaporate whether they are in a desert or not. My point is that Lake Mead has been in the desert for over 85 years and since the Colorado River continuously fills the lake, evaporation is not the main reason that levels are so low. If evaporation was such a huge factor as you suggest, low water levels should have been a problem since the lake was built. But evaporation is not the main problem. So... your point that evaporation is the problem is, well... just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom