• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vatican's chief astronomer says intelligent design is not science

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Woo hoo! He says it has no business being taught in science classrooms.

Vatican astronomer joins evolution debate

Intelligent design isn’t science, ‘though it pretends to be,’ he says

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican's chief astronomer said Friday that "intelligent design" isn't science and doesn't belong in science classrooms, the latest high-ranking Roman Catholic official to enter the evolution debate in the United States.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10101394/

I think teaching intelligent design is fine, but not as a science. It wouldn't even bother me if they offered a separate class in public school for intelligent design.

How long before Pat Robertson foretells of his imminent doom?

I'm sure Pat's already all over it. Good for the Vatican; although I am curious why it happened so quickly. It was only 10-12 years ago the Church admitted the world was round. Why the fast response from the Church? Now all they need to do is allow priests to marry, stop politicking from the pulpit, accept birth control, and pay taxes.

I seem to recall reading that the Pope recently said the direct opposite. If so this is apt to be interesting times for our astronomer.

Back
Top Bottom