• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vanity Fair: Sarah Palin the Sound and the Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Palin's reaction to what I assume was the vanity faire piece:

Nice sexual imagery.

And, I thought she was a journalism major???

Does she realize 'Deep Throat' was an anonymous source?? -- people agree to talk to a journalist on the condition of anonymity. And that means they had multiple sources telling similar versions of the same story.

the whine of someone whose infamous threat (found below) is rendered ineffective against those anonymous sources
I have the power to ruin you.

It's amazing. this article has been thoroughly been discredited yet we still see some clinging to it as if it's gospel. Vanity fair screwed the pooch on this one.

Giving Beck the day off from your mouthfoaming rants?

I know you like her, Jall. Maybe you should read the article. It's not all bad -- covers the good, the bad, and some of the ugly.

She is an ugly person behind the scenes, that's the point. She's not worthy of your admiration and all the positive attention people give her.

The writer summed it up in an interview -- Sarah Palin would disappear if the media would stop letting her get away with all the lies and b.s. Start calling her out on every piece of crap Facebook and twitter post, get the fact-checks out there for her fans to see. Expose the naked emperor.

I hope this article inspires more people to come forward and go on the record with MSM. Let's see who she really is--a sociopathic narcissist.

It's amazing. this article has been thoroughly been discredited yet we still see some clinging to it as if it's gospel. Vanity fair screwed the pooch on this one.

It's amazing you actually believe that. It shows how fast the FOX/Palin spin machine works.

It's amazing you actually believe that. It shows how fast the FOX/Palin spin machine works.

Not a fan of Palin, don't watch fox. what is amazing though is the continued mouth foaming over Palin/beck that the usual suspects engage in.

I had more to say about it, but since there is a warning in this thread, I will simple leave it as /facepalm

I know you like her, Jall. Maybe you should read the article. It's not all bad -- covers the good, the bad, and some of the ugly.

She is an ugly person behind the scenes, that's the point. She's not worthy of your admiration and all the positive attention people give her.

The writer summed it up in an interview -- Sarah Palin would disappear if the media would stop letting her get away with all the lies and b.s. Start calling her out on every piece of crap Facebook and twitter post, get the fact-checks out there for her fans to see. Expose the naked emperor.

I hope this article inspires more people to come forward and go on the record with MSM. Let's see who she really is--a sociopathic narcissist.

You can rant, and preach, and soapbox your hatred for her all you want. You forget something...I have known of and met the woman far longer than any of you and in a much more close-knit environment. Most everything that got spewed about her was completely debunked at one point or another. I read your little rag piece and I found it to be no more enlightening of Sarah Palin's character than a Tina Fey sketch. Right already showed you two MAJOR journalistic blunders in this piece and it didn't affect you at all...but, whatever...no one expected it to.

See, hazl...you are everything wrong with our political discourse today. You are precisely the audience that keeps shock pundits in business and relevant in the real news. Let any opinion piece you agree with hit the internet anywhere and you and your ilk trumpet it to everyone else as fact, blindly putting your faith in factless drivel because you would rather bludgeon with words than to have an honest and open discourse with them. If you smell the slightest opportunity to shred someone you disagree with, or even just think you disagree with, because of an R or a D behind the name, you will jump blindly into the fray without the slightest regard for your own already damaged credibility. And that's just with the leg humping you jump to on the editorialists you DO agree with. If you want to see some real mouthfoaming, rabidly self destructive behavior, just look back at the days media matters posted something against Beck and how you practically broke your fingers yammering out a full regurgitation of what they said.

Yes, let the pundits speak and we can be sure their favored prophet will be right here preaching their gospels for anyone that will listen. How does it feel to be the forum equivalent of the rabid street preacher that everyone sees as a spectacle that you just want to walk hurriedly past and not make eye contact with lest you draw the attention of the crazy and tie up your whole day?

ok, i will stipulate to your expertise about screwing pooches, so show us what elements of the vanity fair story have been discredited

ok, i will stipulate to your expertise about screwing pooches, so show us what elements of the vanity fair story have been discredited

Roll back two pages. Look for Right@NYC's post. Read it. Then get back to us on it.

There was no reason to all but call Rev a dog ****er.Save that **** for the basement.

Roll back two pages. Look for Right@NYC's post. Read it. Then get back to us on it.

There was no reason to all but call Rev a dog ****er.Save that **** for the basement.
ok, is you insist the rev does not know what he is talking about when he describes something as screwing the pooch, i advise you to take your concerns up with rev. he's a big boy with a little dog

was hoping that nyc's post was your reference. let's look at what "facts" have been presented to show the vanity fair article in error:
The problem: Trig wasn't at the event, according to its organizer, Karladine Graves, a 61-year-old Kansas City physician, who, in 2009, founded one of the wave of new local conservative groups, this one called Preserving American Liberty.
now there is an objective source, the event organizer. the one who hosted the event for palin to speak. no way would she ever be expected to give palin much needed cover [/s]
the vanity fair story showed that ms graves' organization, like others which were formed to fund the palin event and then dissolve after the event, was without the funding capacity to actually pull off these events. they were fronts, constructed to hide the financial activities of camp palin. so, you have yet to offer any legitimate proof of the illegitimacy of vanity fair's article
try again

Last edited:
Glad to be of service. Now read it again and let it sink in.

you read it again. i already replied why it is something that should not be found as "evidence" of error
the woman who claimed that down's child was not trig was palin's shil at the event

you read it again. i already replied why it is something that should not be found as "evidence" of error
the woman who claimed that down's child was not trig was palin's shil at the event

As right said...no one expected facts to have any effect on certain zealots...

let's look at what "facts" have been presented to show the vanity fair article in error:

Are you deliberately skipping the first error? VF took an anecdote reported in a UK newspaper and reprinted it without verifying it with anyone. The source for the alleged story has said that the story was wildly exaggerated and completely false. In what alternate universe is that acceptable journalism?

now there is an objective source, the event organizer. the one who hosted the event for palin to speak. no way would she ever be expected to give palin much needed cover [/s]

lol

You've got a great way of arguing - if the woman anonymously said something bad about palin, then it's gospel truth. If the woman goes on the record and says that the story was false, then she's obviously lying (despite the fact that she is the best qualified person to speak on this).

the vanity fair story showed that ms graves' organization, like others which were formed to fund the palin event and then dissolve after the event, was without the funding capacity to actually pull off these events. they were fronts, constructed to hide the financial activities of camp palin.

It's like you didn't even read the thread.

Graves said she was "disappointed" by the piece, which also paints her organization as a dodgy financial pass-through, rather than what seems to be the reality: It was a small group putting on a big conference with speakers like Palin, J.C. Watts and Fred Thompson and one that continues to put on its regular slate of smaller local events.

But hey, like I said: For some people, none of this will matter. They'll blindly swallow anything that criticizes Palin/Beck/etc.

After reading both the VF article and the "impotent and limp" comments from Palin in the "below the belt" paragrpah, it seems obvious to me that she is really angry about the comments attributed to her husband about their lousy love life. Palin has always struck me as a woman who knows how to use surface sexuality to enhance her image and power. The idea that her own husband would complain about their love life seems to blow that sexy librarian image right out of the water. Sarah seems to be the librarian in a library where the books are simply not checked out that often.

After reading both the VF article and the "impotent and limp" comments from Palin in the "below the belt" paragrpah, it seems obvious to me that she is really angry about the comments attributed to her husband about their lousy love life. Palin has always struck me as a woman who knows how to use surface sexuality to enhance her image and power. The idea that her own husband would complain about their love life seems to blow that sexy librarian image right out of the water. Sarah seems to be the librarian in a library where the books are simply not checked out that often.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? I have my medical use card so it's legit....

I am sorry but I do not know what you mean.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? I have my medical use card so it's legit....

At the end of the day, Jall, when all is said in done, there's always the one BIG issue that Palin, Beck, their ilk don't support. In their world, you're not good enough to get married or adopt children. They see you as a broken person with psychological problems. They see you as making an immoral lifestyle 'choice'.

Unless you're going to tell me that once she gets in power, she told you of her secret agenda to make the far-right Conservative base more tolerant of Gays--I don't get why you support her.:shrug:

At the end of the day, Jall, when all is said in done, there's always the one BIG issue that Palin, Beck, their ilk don't support.

Good point, Obama has been a powerful voice in favor of gay marriage.

Also, there's something sad about the fact that rather than discuss the thread, you feel the need to play identity politics. It's as dumb as criticizing a rich person for voting for a Dem or a poor person for voting for a Republican.

At the end of the day, Jall, when all is said in done, there's always the one BIG issue that Palin, Beck, their ilk don't support. In their world, you're not good enough to get married or adopt children. They see you as a broken person with psychological problems. They see you as making an immoral lifestyle 'choice'.

I'd really like to see where Sarah Palin has made any such moves.

Let me fill you in on something, nut...I am more than my sexuality so your opportunistic ploys at inciting me by invoking my sexuality are NEVER going to work. My sexuality and their view of it was completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Funny how no one in this thread, participants or subjects, made it an issue except YOU.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Unless you're going to tell me that once she gets in power, she told you of her secret agenda to make the far-right Conservative base more tolerant of Gays--I don't get why you support her.:shrug:

I know what her record is. Forgive me for going on that rather than a Vanity Fair hit piece. :shrug:

Last edited:
I'd really like to see where Sarah Palin has made any such moves.

Let me fill you in on something, nut...I am more than my sexuality so your opportunistic ploys at inciting me by invoking my sexuality are NEVER going to work. My sexuality and their view of it was completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Funny how no one in this thread, participants or subjects, made it an issue except YOU.

All that's left of Sarah Palin the failed politician is a GOP celebrity--a TV personality being used to gin up the conservative base, the far-rights.

She is not someone trying to make the GOP more moderate and pragmatic -- she's being used to move them in the opposite direction.

Therefore, you're support of her is contrary to your own best interests.

I know what her record is. Forgive me for going on that rather than a Vanity Fair hit piece. :shrug:

Her record as mayor/Governor was a joke. The GOP had to hire professional executives to basically do the jobs for her. She doesn't have a clue about public polity, economics, etc. However, the article dealt with her personality behind the scenes in contrast to her public image. As far as your personal knowledge of that, we'll have to take you at your word.

All that's left of Sarah Palin the failed politician is a GOP celebrity--a TV personality being used to gin up the conservative base, the far-rights.

Yes, nut, we know you don't like her and we know nothing she ever does or fails to do will dry the foam blistering forth from your mouth when she is mentioned. How does that address anything I said in response to your prior irrelevant invocation of my sexuality?

She is not someone trying to make the GOP more moderate and pragmatic -- she's being used to move them in the opposite direction.

You don't have a ****ing clue what my interests are and I know this to be the case by how you just tried to pigeon-hole me into a certain brand of politics based on one aspect of my life.

Her record as mayor/Governor was a joke.

You keep saying that but you fail to deliver evidence to support this.

The GOP had to hire professional executives to basically do the jobs for her.

You keep making these claims but you fail to deliver and evidence to support this.

She doesn't have a clue about public polity, economics, etc. However, the article dealt with her personality behind the scenes in contrast to her public image. As far as your personal knowledge of that, we'll have to take you at your word.

And the fact that your article was already shown to be flawed and lazy in the fact checking. :shrug:

The ultimate arrogance of Hazlnut, on display for all. Jall's gay, Jall likes Palin to one level or another, Jall is going against his best interest.

Good point, Obama has been a powerful voice in favor of gay marriage.

Fair point, I think they've filed that under second term to-do.

Also, there's something sad about the fact that rather than discuss the thread, you feel the need to play identity politics. It's as dumb as criticizing a rich person for voting for a Dem or a poor person for voting for a Republican.

I wouldn't say it's exactly the same as a 1960's black person siding with the southern Dems...

...but there are parallels with Jall and Palin.

What I find interesting is that instead of clarifying specific stories and giving her side of things, Palin decided to insult the writer in a vulgar childish way on the Hannity show. Why doesn't she clarify the different stories with her version?

Well, given everything I have seen and read about her thus far, it wouldn't make sense that she would relay the facts to counter the 'lies'. That's not how she operates.

Not a fan of Palin, don't watch fox. what is amazing though is the continued mouth foaming over Palin/beck that the usual suspects engage in.

I had more to say about it, but since there is a warning in this thread, I will simple leave it as /facepalm

Finding fault = mouth foaming, is that what I'm seeing here? So if anybody says anything the least bit critical of Palin and/or Beck, that's mouth foaming.

I know there's a term for what you're doing there, but I've had a long day and can't remember it. Opposite of minimizing, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom