• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Values of we Republicans

Yeah, when I watch Trump at rallies and listen to his words, that's the word that best describes him...humane. :LOL:

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Guess what this nations system to elect presidents is?

The same electoral college as it has from it's start. Nothing changed over the past 230 years.

That person may try to play golf with a baseball. The results are not fantastic.

Thus the support for separating children from their parents at our border.

So humane.
Obama separated them. Actually parents still in their home country get told, we will send back your children to you.

Some, a small number say no, we want them raised in the USA.

It is child cruelty to make your kids march all the way from Central America through Mexico trying to get into America.

It is child cruelty to make your kids march all the way from Central America through Mexico trying to get into America.

Is it? What were they marching from?

Ours is a very human cause for very humane goals.
Example of a "very humane goal:" strip health care from over 20 million Americans with no replacement.

“It’s going to be ready, it’s all ready. It’ll be here in two weeks,” Leslie Stahl said, paraphrasing various Trump pledges. “It’s going to be like nothing you’ve ever seen before. And, of course, we haven’t seen it. So why didn’t you develop a health plan?”
“It is developed. It’s fully developed,” Trump replied. “It’s going to be announced very soon.”
“When?” Stahl pressed. “You say that over and over.”
“When we see what happens with Obamacare, which is not good,” Trump replied. “And when we see what happens with Obamacare.”
He went on to insist that his unseen plan would be “much less expensive than Obamacare” and would “take care of people with preexisting conditions.”
“But your plan was to repeal and replace,” Stahl replied. “And if the Supreme Court finishes Obamacare, there will be all these people stranded because there’s no replacement.”
“No, there won’t,” Trump insisted. “We will make a deal, and we will have a great health-care plan — ”
“But you keep saying that,” Stahl interjected.
“ — with less expensive,” Trump continued, “a less expensive and a much better plan.”
“Why haven’t we seen it?” Stahl asked.
“You have seen it,” Trump claimed. “I’ve been putting out pieces all over the place, and we actually have plans. And we have 180 million people right now have a plan. And you haven’t been watching. You haven’t been watching.”
Those “180 million people,” he later clarified, are people who have insurance through private insurers. People who get coverage through work, for example. This, it probably doesn’t need to be said, does not constitute a Trump health-care plan.
Stahl went back to the issue of people who have preexisting conditions, a group that Trump assured her would be “totally protected.”
“How?” Stahl asked.
“They’ll be protected, Lesley,” the president replied.
Stahl, again: “How?”
“I mean, the people with preexisting conditions are going to be protected,” Trump said.
“How?” Stahl asked.
“As they are now,” Trump answered. “In any plan we do, they will be protected. Lesley, people with preexisting conditions will be always protected. Always.”
“But if — if the Supreme Court ends this, Obamacare,” Stahl said, before Trump jumped in.
“Well, we’re going to have to see what happens. It’s got a ways to go,” he said. “I mean, we’ll see what happens.”
After restarting his train of thinking a few times, he continued: “I hope that they end it. It’ll be so good if they end it.”
He explained why it would be good.
“Because we will come up with a plan,” Trump said, before Stahl jumped in.
“Will?” she asked.
“Yeah, we will,” Trump replied.
“But you said it would already,” Stahl continued, clearly pointing out that Trump had already pledged that this plan existed and was just sitting on a shelf somewhere.
“We have large sections of it already done,” Trump insisted. “And we’ve already come up with plans. Take a look at your various secretaries, various plans that we’ve already come up with. And also, you know, a large part of this country has private health insurance.”
“If the Affordable Care Act is determined to be unconstitutional,” Stahl began, with Trump again interjecting.
“Then we’re going to have new — and we’re going to have new and it’s going to be very good,” Trump said.
“You keep saying that and don’t show it to us,” Stahl replied. “And so people with preexisting conditions — ”
“We’ve come up with many plans, Lesley,” Trump again claimed. “And we have — They’re already in existence. If — I’ll tell you what, after this interview, I will show you, short term, longer-term. I’ll show you different plans. We’ve come up with many plans.”
“All of that, I grant you,” Stahl continued. “All of that. But if there is no plan, a replacement plan, and the Supreme Court says that Obamacare goes away, people with preexisting conditions will be stranded.”
“No, no,” Trump insisted.
“And that’s just a fact,” Stahl continued.
“It’s wrong,” Trump said. “It’s wrong.”
“No,” Stahl replied.
“A new plan will happen,” Trump claimed.
“But: will,” Stahl said.
“And we won’t do anything — will and is,” Trump replied. “We won’t do anything and no plan unless we have preexisting conditions covered.”
“We may be stuck with it if we lose in the Supreme Court, in which case we’re wasting a lot of words,” Trump told Stahl. “If we win, we will come up with a much — and we will do that — come up with a much better health care for much less money, always protecting people with preexisting conditions.”​

The man has no magic plan that does everything that Obamacare does now, and more! And better! He's lying because he doesn't care. Nor does the Republican Party.

They just. Don't. Care.

Even if they marched away, the parents are home again. Why do they reject their own kids? Kid can get American benefits.

Even if they marched away, the parents are home again. Why do they reject their own kids? Kid can get American benefits.
They didn't reject their own kids. Their kids were taken from them. By our government.

What planet do you live on?

Here is the leader of their political party, a few months before he was elected by these humanitarians:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything.

Trump can't strip it. They buy private insurance but are not penalized.

RiF, I backed off from this thread, a week ago. You and I ended our exchanges then, on this thread, on good terms. That was a surprise to both of us, I'd expect you would agree.

What does, "They buy private insurance but are not penalized.", mean? This is what the ACA has accomplished, vs what Trump and his party have said and done, so far.:

"....Several Congressional Budget Office reports said that overall these provisions reduced the budget deficit, that repealing ACA would increase the deficit,[8][9] and that the law reduced income inequality by taxing primarily the top 1% to fund roughly $600 in benefits on average to families in the bottom 40% of the income distribution.[10] .."

RiF, in order for me to discuss this further with you, I need to know what your understanding of the "Silver Plan", offered as the middle option of "individual insurance markets" three tiers, "bronze", "silver", and "gold" health insurance plans.

Trump's Five Big Changes To Obamacare : Shots - Health ...
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ying-hard-to-thwart-obamacare-hows-that-going
"Oct 14, 2019 According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, premiums went up about 32%, on average, for ACA "silver plans" that went into effect in early 2018, although most people received subsidies to offset ..."

If you do not understand the protections that "kick in" for silver plan buyers if they lose income or have high medical expenses in any given year, or how deductibles and premiums in silver plans are determined, and then adjusted after end of year income is actually submitted on silver plan enrollees tax returns, you will reveal you have as little understanding of why Trump or his party cannot come up with a better plan.... than President Trump does!

In the last debate, this confirms Trump has no understanding of what the mandate did, or how it made coverage of pre-existing fiscally practicle, by penalizing free-riding, before he signed legislation axing the mandate fines. After eliminating the mandate fines, Trump party will plead to the SCOTUS on November 10 that, without the fine, considered a tax Justice Roberts used to declare the ACA legislation constitutional, the entire legislation must be nullified by SCOTUS.

" Trump: First of all, I've already done something that nobody thought was possible. Through the legislature, I terminated the individual mandate. That is the worst part of Obamacare, as we call it. The individual mandate -- we have to pay a fortune for the privilege of not having to pay for bad health insurance. I terminate it; it's gone. Now it's in court, because Obamacare is no good. But then I made a decision, ‘Run it as well as you can’ -- to my people, great people -- ‘Run it as well as you can.’ I could have gone the other route and made everybody very unhappy. They ran it. Premiums are down, everything's down. Here's the problem. No matter how well you run it, it's no good. What we'd like to do is terminate it. We have the individual mandate done. I don't know that it's going to work. If we don't win, we will have to run it and we'll have Obamacare, but it will be better run. But it no longer is Obamacare. Because without the individual mandate, it is much different. Pre-existing conditions will always stay. What I would like to do is a much better health care, much better. We’ll always protect people with pre existing -- so I'd like to terminate Obamacare, come up with a brand new beautiful health care. ..."

RiF, I backed off from this thread, a week ago. You and I ended our exchanges then, on this thread, on good terms. That was a surprise to both of us, I'd expect you would agree.

What does, "They buy private insurance but are not penalized.", mean? This is what the ACA has accomplished, vs what Trump and his party have said and done, so far.:

"....Several Congressional Budget Office reports said that overall these provisions reduced the budget deficit, that repealing ACA would increase the deficit,[8][9] and that the law reduced income inequality by taxing primarily the top 1% to fund roughly $600 in benefits on average to families in the bottom 40% of the income distribution.[10] .."

RiF, in order for me to discuss this further with you, I need to know what your understanding of the "Silver Plan", offered as the middle option of "individual insurance markets" three tiers, "bronze", "silver", and "gold" health insurance plans.

Trump's Five Big Changes To Obamacare : Shots - Health ...
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ying-hard-to-thwart-obamacare-hows-that-going
"Oct 14, 2019 According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, premiums went up about 32%, on average, for ACA "silver plans" that went into effect in early 2018, although most people received subsidies to offset ..."

If you do not understand the protections that "kick in" for silver plan buyers if they lose income or have high medical expenses in any given year, or how deductibles and premiums in silver plans are determined, and then adjusted after end of year income is actually submitted on silver plan enrollees tax returns, you will reveal you have as little understanding of why Trump or his party cannot come up with a better plan.... than President Trump does!

In the last debate, this confirms Trump has no understanding of what the mandate did, or how it made coverage of pre-existing fiscally practicle, by penalizing free-riding, before he signed legislation axing the mandate fines. After eliminating the mandate fines, Trump party will plead to the SCOTUS on November 10 that, without the fine, considered a tax Justice Roberts used to declare the ACA legislation constitutional, the entire legislation must be nullified by SCOTUS.

" Trump: First of all, I've already done something that nobody thought was possible. Through the legislature, I terminated the individual mandate. That is the worst part of Obamacare, as we call it. The individual mandate -- we have to pay a fortune for the privilege of not having to pay for bad health insurance. I terminate it; it's gone. Now it's in court, because Obamacare is no good. But then I made a decision, ‘Run it as well as you can’ -- to my people, great people -- ‘Run it as well as you can.’ I could have gone the other route and made everybody very unhappy. They ran it. Premiums are down, everything's down. Here's the problem. No matter how well you run it, it's no good. What we'd like to do is terminate it. We have the individual mandate done. I don't know that it's going to work. If we don't win, we will have to run it and we'll have Obamacare, but it will be better run. But it no longer is Obamacare. Because without the individual mandate, it is much different. Pre-existing conditions will always stay. What I would like to do is a much better health care, much better. We’ll always protect people with pre existing -- so I'd like to terminate Obamacare, come up with a brand new beautiful health care. ..."

Here are the 4 plans of the ACA.

I was discussing the premiums being paid by the buyers. But they also have to pay deductibles.

Here is the leader of their political party, a few months before he was elected by these humanitarians:

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything.

Trump and Bush engaged in a private male to male bragging fest in 2005. I know he brags all the time. But the discussion was one done in private. Men have bragged to me many times t hat they had done this sex act to women. That is not enough to say Trump did not do a good job as President 15 years later.

They didn't reject their own kids. Their kids were taken from them. By our government.

What planet do you live on?

According to official statements, the kids have parents in the home country but the parents reject them being sent home. I guess Trump could order Homeland Security to take them to their own homelands and held by orphanage homes.

According to official statements, the kids have parents in the home country but the parents reject them being sent home. I guess Trump could order Homeland Security to take them to their own homelands and held by orphanage homes.
Again, what planet do you live on?

Parents Of 545 Children Separated At U.S.-Mexico Border Have Not Been Located

This Party, its good people, and its unquestionable devotion to freedom, will not fulfill the purposes of this campaign which we launch here now until our cause has won the day, inspired the world, and shown the way to a tomorrow worthy of all our yesteryears.
Unfortunately, it's all a lie.

Stuart Stevens spent decades electing Republicans at every level, from presidents to senators to local officials. He knows the GOP as intimately as anyone in America, and in this new book he offers a devastating portrait of a party that has lost its moral and political compass.

This is not a book about how Donald J. Trump hijacked the Republican Party and changed it into something else. Stevens shows how Trump is in fact the natural outcome of five decades of hypocrisy and self-delusion, dating all the way back to the civil rights legislation of the early 1960s. Stevens shows how racism has always lurked in the modern GOP's DNA, from Goldwater's opposition to desegregation to Ronald Reagan's welfare queens and states' rights rhetoric. He gives an insider's account of the rank hypocrisy of the party's claims to embody "family values," and shows how the party's vaunted commitment to fiscal responsibility has been a charade since the 1980s. When a party stands for nothing, he argues, it is only natural that it will be taken over by the loudest and angriest voices in the room.

It Was All a Lie is not just an indictment of the Republican Party, but a candid and often lacerating mea culpa. Stevens is not asking for pity or forgiveness; he is simply telling us what he has seen firsthand. He helped to create the modern party that kneels before a morally bankrupt con man and now he wants nothing more than to see what it has become burned to the ground.​

Republican working class values: fight against labor rights and be in support of management making people work without overtime pay. Yes, there is a high degree of stupidity on that side of the aisle.

Republican values: blame black people and Mexicans for everything wrong with America while allowing rich white men sell drugs that addict millions with impunity. Nice bunch those Republicans.

Unfortunately, it's all a lie.

Stuart Stevens spent decades electing Republicans at every level, from presidents to senators to local officials. He knows the GOP as intimately as anyone in America, and in this new book he offers a devastating portrait of a party that has lost its moral and political compass.​
This is not a book about how Donald J. Trump hijacked the Republican Party and changed it into something else. Stevens shows how Trump is in fact the natural outcome of five decades of hypocrisy and self-delusion, dating all the way back to the civil rights legislation of the early 1960s. Stevens shows how racism has always lurked in the modern GOP's DNA, from Goldwater's opposition to desegregation to Ronald Reagan's welfare queens and states' rights rhetoric. He gives an insider's account of the rank hypocrisy of the party's claims to embody "family values," and shows how the party's vaunted commitment to fiscal responsibility has been a charade since the 1980s. When a party stands for nothing, he argues, it is only natural that it will be taken over by the loudest and angriest voices in the room.​
It Was All a Lie is not just an indictment of the Republican Party, but a candid and often lacerating mea culpa. Stevens is not asking for pity or forgiveness; he is simply telling us what he has seen firsthand. He helped to create the modern party that kneels before a morally bankrupt con man and now he wants nothing more than to see what it has become burned to the ground.​
Yep. The racism has always been used by people in power to keep poor people at each others throats. Unfortunately, Right Wing working class racists are too stupid to see they are being played.

Reactions: jpn
DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

"In a pilot program, approximately 30% of rapid DNA tests of immigrant adults who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children who weren't theirs revealed the adults were not related to the children, an official involved in the system's temporary rollout who asked to be anonymous in order to speak freely told the Washington Examiner Friday.

"There’s been some concern about, 'Are they stepfathers or adopted fathers?'" the official said. "Those were not the case. In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members."

In some incidents where Immigration and Customs Enforcement told the adults they would have to take a cheek swab to verify a relationship with a minor, several admitted the child was not related and did not take the DNA test, which was designed by a U.S. company."

" The debut marked the first time DNA testing of any sort has been at the border. Currently, ICE and U.S. Customs and Border Protection must use verbal statements and written documents to verify family connections. "

It is a bit odd how so many democrats openly support child sex trafficking.

Republican working class values: fight against labor rights and be in support of management making people work without overtime pay. Yes, there is a high degree of stupidity on that side of the aisle.

So you are enslaved?

That is a democrat thing. For centuries.

I shall post more of our Values

Starting with this one

This Party, its good people, and its unquestionable devotion to freedom, will not fulfill the purposes of this campaign which we launch here now until our cause has won the day, inspired the world, and shown the way to a tomorrow worthy of all our yesteryears.

Right up under your name there is an American flag and right under that it says, "Suspended". Is that what your "republican values" got you?

The values of Republicans is shown/tweeted daily by tRUMP.
It's not something to hang one's hat on.

Back
Top Bottom