• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vague & HOOT & I have been talking!!??!!??

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
("' Man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"" )
"""""Thank you Paul Simone"""

Hi Fellow Debate Politics members Vague & Hoot & I have been talking to each other! And I'm not sore but their seem's a misunderstanding !!!!!

"""But then again Paul Simone Just maybe right AGAIN!!!!""

Here is a bit of what we were talking about I said we need more :hm VOLENTEERS!
to join our miltary and WHY you ask :hm because we need to STOP the back door draft !!

To Which HOOT said he is an exmarine? and he said their is no such thing as a back door draft because when you join any miltary service your contract say's ""you can be called back into the service IF needed upto 6 years !!
Yes I do understand this however this is my point!!!

The miltary is a part of our goverment and our goverment is suppose to repersent
all of us the people i.e A Repersentive goverment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when the Militry say's to one of our brave soilger you are going to go into IRAQ for 3-6 months thet are speeking for US / me you i.e!!!!
Paul in Chelsea Ma. & Frank in Longmeddow Ma. & Joe in Arlington Ma.
& Mary in Elpaso Texas & Stella in Clearwater Fla. & Lily in Hatboro Pa. & Phil in Boca Raton Fla. & Rose in Polo -Alto Ca. etc., etc., etc.,etc., etc., etc.,
every single one of US

So I don't know about you when I give my word on something I expect myself to keep IT!!. I don't need / want to say HEY you did not read
paragraft 246?? artical 43?? THERE is a big LOOP HOLE !!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO
[/SIZE]
NO!!!

I / we should not say anything we can not / will not live upto we should not have any excuses

The way I was Raised my parents had 15 children we never had very much money however ""yes we always had a roof over our head and food in our bellies and alot of love "' my father & mother raised us to be men / woman of our words!

So for more info please contact me at prsaia1@aol.com

Thank you my fellow American's & debatepoilics members
PRS

PRS, you sure are an interesting character.

I am unsure of the backdoor draft itself as I really have not investigated it further. A volunteer army is just that - volunteer. Hopefully, it will remain that way.
As for me, if they request me - I will be there. Until then, we have an army that is doing an outstanding job. Let them do it.

I'm not sure what this is about...but the bottom line for me is....If you raise your right hand and join the military...then they've got you!

They can pretty much do anything they want with you after you enlist.

If someone doesn't understand this and isn't willing to make that kind of commitment to your country, then don't enlist.

Personally, if it was up to me, everyone at the age of 18 would give one year of service to their country...whether military, some sort of social work, such as daycare...tutoring...etc...wherever the need was greatest.

No exemptions for Senator's sons, or students..everyone would serve.

Not that it matters, but I was not a Marine...I was regular Army.

So, since I served my country honorably for 4 years, I have earned the right to criticize this current President. LOL

Hi :hm Hoot I Agre ith you With out any dought you have earned the right to speeck your mind ! I may not agree with every thing you say but I'll fight to the death for you to say it !! Infact we all have that very same right! :hm Because of All the brave the men / women FOUGHT and DIED to give US that RIGHT!!

In fact I just gave VAGUE & DEBATEPOLITICS the ""Fair & balanced & Freedom of SPEECH AWARD !! "" ask Vague about it

""computer problems "" HELP ME ""

Hoot said:
I'm not sure what this is about...but the bottom line for me is....If you raise your right hand and join the military...then they've got you!

They can pretty much do anything they want with you after you enlist.

If someone doesn't understand this and isn't willing to make that kind of commitment to your country, then don't enlist.

Personally, if it was up to me, everyone at the age of 18 would give one year of service to their country...whether military, some sort of social work, such as daycare...tutoring...etc...wherever the need was greatest.

No exemptions for Senator's sons, or students..everyone would serve.

Not that it matters, but I was not a Marine...I was regular Army.

So, since I served my country honorably for 4 years, I have earned the right to criticize this current President. LOL

I like your thinking here. I think it would benefit the country as well as help mature our younger generation. And yes, no exemptions for the wealthy. Everyone serves. We could have some type of lottery to determine exactly what type of service each individual is assigned.

And thank-you for your service.

Hi Paridge I Agree with you or at least with most of what your saying about everybody must serv our :hm country in some way !!!. As always the DEVIL is in the Details """" i.e people with conection end up the best work / find some silly / stupid job / GETS FREE TRAINING :confused: AS A JET PLIOT !!i.e BUSH ??? ""
However even if I did not agree with what you say !!!!!!!!!![/U]

I woulld fight to the death for you to say it

.com !!!!
Ask Vague the Fair & balanced as well as Freedom of speech award I gave to him & debatepolicits
you may email at prsaia1@aol.com

Forcing 1 year of service will only bring draft dodging and bad fighting regiments. Good luck with that.

This idea was one of the VERY few ideas that I did like about Kerry.

2 years military service or 2 years community service to help pay for college.

heyjoeo said:
Forcing 1 year of service will only bring draft dodging and bad fighting regiments. Good luck with that.

You might be right. But I'm not talking about solely enlisting people into military service. I'm talking about all types of service. I think you could have people servicing at senior citizen center, youth camps, building/cleaning parks. Military would be one of the services people could end up in, but not the only one.

But you're right there's a good chance many people would just do a lousy job. But there's also a good chance many would serve and serve well.

Back
Top Bottom