• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vacationing Obama gets temp press secretary

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
VINEYARD HAVEN, Mass. (AP) - With a broad grin and aw-shucks approach, Bill Burton is a marked contrast with his boss, the always ready-for-battle White House press secretary Robert Gibbs.
While Gibbs comes off as combative and hot, Burton is low-key and self-deprecating. He always seems ready to smile.

snip

Gibbs told the AP not to read too much into his absence.

My Way News - Vacationing Obama gets temp press secretary

So here it is lads, and lassies....Is puffy the bloated blowhard Gibbs on his way out, in favor of the next smirking, condescending puppet? I don't like either one of them, but it ain't my choice.

Maybe Gibbs can take his place on the Morning Joe round table on MSNBC, or be a regular for Olberman.

j-mac

So here it is lads, and lassies....Is puffy the bloated blowhard Gibbs on his way out, in favor of the next smirking, condescending puppet? I don't like either one of them, but it ain't my choice.

Maybe Gibbs can take his place on the Morning Joe round table on MSNBC, or be a regular for Olberman.

j-mac

Well at least Gibbs can have something in common with Bush now...yet another person to blame for Obamas failings.

Personally I will be stunned if they let Gibbs go. People may not like his smirky smarmy condescending act...but the president loves it.

I don't know...

I've noticed Gibbs has been absent of late and pointed this out to my wife days ago, but I can't say for certain if he has been replaced or will be soon. I guess if he doesn't return after the November elections we'll know he's been canned.

Some really important info in that link: :roll:

Just 33 years old, the Buffalo, N.Y., native has already worked in three presidential campaigns and on Capitol Hill. He's seen as a top contender to be White House press secretary if Gibbs moves on. Burton - like Obama, the son of a black father and white mother - appears to be the first African-American to take the podium and speak on behalf of the president.

Some really important info in that link: :roll:

How come having one black parent and one white parent makes you black? :)

Are black genes more powerful? Take Tiger Woods. He's half black and half asian, but nobody ever calls him an asian golfer.

How come having one black parent and one white parent makes you black? :)

Are black genes more powerful? Take Tiger Woods. He's half black and half asian, but nobody ever calls him an asian golfer.

One drop rule still pervades the national consciousness.

Well at least Gibbs can have something in common with Bush now...yet another person to blame for Obamas failings.

Personally I will be stunned if they let Gibbs go. People may not like his smirky smarmy condescending act...but the president loves it.

Of course he loves it....one narcassit to another.

the secty appeared before the corps precisely twice since suggesting 3 weeks ago that the professional left pee in that career-killing cup

his reception... well, you can imagine

he's closer to his president than any press mouthpiece i can recall

that's what made it hurt so bad

(that, and the fact that his suggestion just might be apt, seems really to have struck a nerve)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom