• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VA Secretary Bob McDonald Likens VA Wait Times to Wating in Line at Disney World

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065893550 said:
So now you've changed your answer; not surprised about that.

I see you didn't go back and read it; still wrong.

Actually I do and you're still wrong. You're batting 0.
You sound so convincing. Too bad facts elude you.

Yeah, every time I go the the VA I think Disney. :roll: I like it when my doctors are dressed like Snow White or Goofy.

There is no doubt he should have been kicked in the throat.

VA Secretary Disneyland-wait time comparison draws ire
Veterans affairs secretary Disneyland comparison criticized - CNNPolitics.com

" Veterans Affairs Secretary Bob McDonald downplayed Monday the time it takes for veterans to receive medical treatment by comparing the "experience" of waiting for health care to Disneyland guests waiting for a ride.

"When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what's important?" McDonald told reporters at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast in Washington. "What's important is what's your satisfaction with the experience?"

Hey McDonald, what if the waits so long you never get on the ride ?

307,000 vets may have died awaiting VA care, report says - CNNPolitics.com

The whole VA scandal should clue even the most brain dead American of just how bad Single Payer would be for the average American. Has ANYONE been held accountable for the VA scandal yet ?

Nope.

This should be a career limiting / ending move period.

Because the VA isn't getting any better, and the callous attitude presented to the vets.

And not only that, because guess what? Disney DOES measure the wait times of their lines, and a bunch of other metrics as well.

This guy is a fine example of everything that's wrong with the DC political elite class.

These vets are getting exactly what they agreed to accept - a VA-level of care.

If they're unhappy with the level of compensation they recieve, I offer the suggestion every rightwinger offers when the issue of raising the minimum wage comes up - get a better job with better pay and benefits

Why do you hate veterans so much?

VA Secretary Disneyland-wait time comparison draws ire
Veterans affairs secretary Disneyland comparison criticized - CNNPolitics.com

" Veterans Affairs Secretary Bob McDonald downplayed Monday the time it takes for veterans to receive medical treatment by comparing the "experience" of waiting for health care to Disneyland guests waiting for a ride.

"When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what's important?" McDonald told reporters at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast in Washington. "What's important is what's your satisfaction with the experience?"

Hey McDonald, what if the waits so long you never get on the ride ?

307,000 vets may have died awaiting VA care, report says - CNNPolitics.com

The whole VA scandal should clue even the most brain dead American of just how bad Single Payer would be for the average American. Has ANYONE been held accountable for the VA scandal yet ?

Nope.

Wow, I saw this earlier and did not make much of it, but I did a rethink. THis is REALLY dumb. Of course Disney pays close attention to wait times, because they know how important this is, and they know that people really hate waiting and are willing to pay to get out of waiting, they have known this for decades, and now they sell wait avoidance like never before. They also had a big problem with their old practice of letting the cripples not have to wait for free, too many people were playing cripples, including on social media in real time.

So what's the deal here, is this guy running the VA really this stupid, or his he pretending to be, and which would be worse?

But I gotta say this is quintessential Obama, he does not give two ****s about good government.

He never did, though he lied and said he did, but after watching him work we know.

Seriously.

Here's the thing, Walt Disney World does track wait times for every ride. Not only do they track them, they post them for all to see.

4563988383_05d965d6f0_z.jpg

Funny that it works well in other places.

You say that as if the government is something imposed on us by some aliens. I remind you of Lincoln's words: "a government of the people, by the people and for the people" which translates in you, your brother, parents, cousins, friends, neighbors etc being the government by your will. When they fail it is YOUR fault no one else's.

Why? By making people healthier?

What do wealthy Canadians do when they need an operation right away?

These vets are getting exactly what they agreed to accept - a VA-level of care.

If they're unhappy with the level of compensation they recieve, I offer the suggestion every rightwinger offers when the issue of raising the minimum wage comes up - get a better job with better pay and benefits

How do you know they're getting what they agreed to accept?

It is on me. It is on you. It is on every one of us. We allow Barack Obama to stay in office. We allow each Representative and each Senator to keep their job.

You give me way too much credit.

So basically **** the vast majority because you prefer the wealthy ones.

What the hell are you talking about?

Again, what do wealthy Canadians do when they have to have an emergency surgery?

Do they wait their turn in the Canadian system, or do they cross the border and get the surgery they need?

What the hell are you talking about?

Again, what do wealthy Canadians do when they have to have an emergency surgery?

Do they wait their turn in the Canadian system, or do they cross the border and get the surgery they need?

Medical Tourism.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065896453 said:
Another swing and a miss...
Yes, you miss a lot. Then again you are the only one who can fix that.

Just pointing out the failure of your earlier comment.

Why did you bring them into the discussion?

You are saying 1 payer works well.

If that were true wealthy Canadians wouldn't cross the border for medical treatment they need right away.

You are saying 1 payer works well.
Yes and you have nothing realistic to prove otherwise.

If that were true wealthy Canadians wouldn't cross the border for medical treatment they need right away.
It it was not true Canadians would not be healthier and have better life expectancy than the US.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065893651 said:
Ignorant dupes are those who want tax payers to fund a broom pusher's livelyhood for life.

Patriots are the service men and women you disparage.

And rightwingers describing service members as dupes, the way you have, are the opposite of patriotism

Back
Top Bottom