• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VA Official Lie to Promote bama

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Veterans Affairs accused of 'double-speaking' on impact of budget impasse | Fox News

I can say my trip to the VA today was complete, no one was missing, no staff were off, and no one said they planned
to miss a minute of service. They called any cries of the VA closing misguided since they are funded seperate from
the US Budget and do not require a continuing resolution to receive funding - bunch of obama freekin LIES.

Veterans Affairs accused of 'double-speaking' on impact of budget impasse | Fox News

I can say my trip to the VA today was complete, no one was missing, no staff were off, and no one said they planned
to miss a minute of service. They called any cries of the VA closing misguided since they are funded seperate from
the US Budget and do not require a continuing resolution to receive funding - bunch of obama freekin LIES.

The only lie I see is your claim that Obama said the VA would be closed

Finny, somehow that's been the claim if all the Obama sockpuppets around here. Where do you suppose they got that impression, or are you calling them all a bunch of liars?

Hmmm, I've been on these government shutdown threads for the last two days, some of them in 60+ pages. I know what I've seen and if I find any of your posts near where I find the sockpuppets calling republicans unpatriotic because now the vets won't have care you're a real ass, because that means you've seen them too. :mrgreen:

I'll look and edit them back in this post as I find them. Won't relieve you of having to answer that question you're currently avoiding.

Hmmm, I've been on these government shutdown threads for the last two days, some of them in 60+ pages. I know what I've seen and if I find any of your posts near where I find the sockpuppets calling republicans unpatriotic because now the vets won't have care you're a real ass, because that means you've seen them too.

I'll look and edit them back in this post as I find them. Won't relieve you of having to answer that question you're currently avoiding.

IOW, you can't post any links of Obama, or anyone else, claiming that the VA would be shut down.

IOW, you can't post any links of Obama, or anyone else, claiming that the VA would be shut down.

That wasn't what you asked for, here's an example of what you did ask for:

Do you support not paying our troops who are putting their life on the line? Do you support not paying VA benifits to those who need them? The fight is lost and the right neds to move on.

Republicans love the vets so much they are kicking 170,000n off food stamps! While those pose for photo's with vets. That all you need to know about those terrorist.

Once again, I've seen the claim by various sockpuppets here a number of times, still searching some rather long threads.

Last edited:
That wasn't what you asked for, here's an example of what you did ask for:

Once again, I've seen the claim by various sockpuppets here a number of times, still searching some rather long threads.

Wrong

1) The OP claims that Obama said that the VA would be closed. Still don't see any links to support the OP's lie

2) The posts you quoted do not say that the VA would be closed. What the first does refer to is that the VA would be ham strung in it's efforts to process applications for disability, which is true. The 2nd quote refers to the repubs effort to cut food stamps which many vets receive

IOW, your post was a complete fail

Again, please post a quote where Obama, or anyone else, claims that the shutdown would cause the VA to shut down

If you can't bother to read my post or link don't say I said something I did not. You look really ignorant doing that. I said the VA officials at the top) are caught lying and the article notes O'loser humans claims in cuts to veterans which would be on him since the house has approved of funding veteran programs. Please top quoting me since you clearly just want to defend the losing dictator at all cost and can't even quote me correctly.

Wrong

1) The OP claims that Obama said that the VA would be closed. Still don't see any links to support the OP's lie

2) The posts you quoted do not say that the VA would be closed. What the first does refer to is that the VA would be ham strung in it's efforts to process applications for disability, which is true. The 2nd quote refers to the repubs effort to cut food stamps which many vets receive

IOW, your post was a complete fail

Again, please post a quote where Obama, or anyone else, claims that the shutdown would cause the VA to shut down

It's in the link:
"I also want to be very clear about what would change," Obama said. "Vital services that seniors and veterans, women and children, businesses and our economy depend on would be hamstrung. ... Veterans who've sacrificed for their country will find their support centers unstaffed."

"On Sept. 25, a few days before the partial government suspension, the VA issued "contingency guidance" about a potential shutdown that said it had enough leftover money from the 2013 budget to keep the VA running for three weeks. The guidance said "the department's current projection was that 95 percent of VA employees would be either fully funded or required to perform excepted functions during a shutdown event."

That had a lot of veterans and their families breathing a sigh of relief.

But one day before the shutdown, President Obama entered the White House briefing room and used veterans as an example of Americans who will suffer. "I also want to be very clear about what would change," Obama said. "Vital services that seniors and veterans, women and children, businesses and our economy depend on would be hamstrung. ... Veterans who've sacrificed for their country will find their support centers unstaffed."

He even suggested that veterans with post-traumatic stress would have trouble seeing their counselors.

By Oct. 2, Veterans Affairs also began issuing much more dire warnings than it had days earlier."

It was like the Obama lie that the military service academies football games were going to be canceled. Just a lie. Ends up no appropriations from Congress are used during these games. In fact the games pay for themselves. The games are back on, it was just another Obama lie to piss off Americans and blame the Republicans.

And where Obama couldn't lie he went out of his way to make the government shut down an inconvenience to as many Americans as possible like closing access to monuments and parks.

I'm expecting that the DoD will be announcing over the weekend that an entire squadron of F-15 have fallen out of the sky because of the government shut down because they couldn't put any KC-135's in the air to refuel the F-15's. Of course it will just be another Obama lie.

The Obama administration has a 4 year and 8 month track history of lies. Benghazi tops them all. Obama lied in 2008 to get elected and lied big time in 2012 to be given a second chance.
It's enough to drive Americans postal.

It was like the Obama lie that the military service academies football games were going to be canceled. Just a lie. Ends up no appropriations from Congress are used during these games. In fact the games pay for themselves. The games are back on, it was just another Obama lie to piss off Americans and blame the Republicans.

And where Obama couldn't lie he went out of his way to make the government shut down an inconvenience to as many Americans as possible like closing access to monuments and parks.

I'm expecting that the DoD will be announcing over the weekend that an entire squadron of F-15 have fallen out of the sky because of the government shut down because they couldn't put any KC-135's in the air to refuel the F-15's. Of course it will just be another Obama lie.

The Obama administration has a 4 year and 8 month track history of lies. Benghazi tops them all. Obama lied in 2008 to get elected and lied big time in 2012 to be given a second chance.
It's enough to drive Americans postal.

This isn't the first time Obama has gone out of his way to screw the American people, look at the sequester...

wasn't there documented proof that people were told to make the public "feel it"?

This isn't the first time Obama has gone out of his way to screw the American people, look at the sequester...

wasn't there documented proof that people were told to make the public "feel it"?

No. There wasn't. There were bloggers and conspiracy nuts repeating something often enough that you forgot the source was ever dubious.

Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised - Washington Times

Well, I know WT is right leaning but I don't think it is a blog nor a conspiracy nut hut...

This isn't documented proof, it's literally "some guy said so."

You might notice there isn't a single quote from the email. (it's clever, they actually quote the guy talking about the email) My guess is that the email he received actually said "You do not have the legal authority to move money around like you propose, and neither do we."

Congress appropriates money in specific ways. Some random Federal worker doesn't have the discretion to just move money around like that. An example from my industry: when the air traffic control furlough was looming, a friend of mine at the FAA mentioned that they had millions of dollars in unallocated research funds sitting in an account that they were unable to use to reduce the impact on air traffic control. Because Congress appropriated that money for research, not air traffic operations.

Congress pays the bills. The executive branch doesn't get to just unilaterally override them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom