• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VA. Man Arrested For Plotting DC Attacks.

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Keep in mind folks, the fact that he is a Muslim is not to be mentioned. If you do, you're a racist, anti-Muslim bigot.

VA. Man Arrested For Plotting DC Attacks.
October 27, 2010 - 1:33 PM | by: Mike Levine

A Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly trying to help Al Qaeda plan multiple bombings around the nation's capital, according to U.S. officials.

Farooque Ahmed, 34, of Ashburn, Va., was arrested today by the FBI and charged with providing material support to terrorists and collecting information for a terrorist attack.

“It’s chilling that a man from Ashburn is accused of casing rail stations with the goal of killing as many Metro riders as possible through simultaneous bomb attacks,” said Neil MacBride, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. “Today’s arrest highlights ... our ability to find those seeking to harm U.S. citizens and neutralize them before they can act."

According to an indictment filed in U.S. Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, between April 2010 and Oct. 25, Ahmed repeatedly met with individuals he thought were affiliated with Al Qaeda to discuss "jihad."

On May 15, in a hotel room in Sterling, Va., Ahmed told one individual that he might be ready to travel overseas to conduct jihad, but only after he completed the Hajj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia in November, according to the indictment.

In addition, he agreed to watch and photograph Arlington Cemetery Metrorail station and a hotel in Washington, D.C., in order to obtain information about their security and busiest periods.

VA. Man Arrested For Plotting DC Attacks « Liveshots

Never mind the bigger picture that at least none of the attacks they were planning were carried out...
No need to get all caught up in the minor details.

Glad he was caught. Not so glad about the having a straw man in the initial post.

I'm conducting a study, I'm going around threads to see if every topic eventually melts down into a conservative/republican vs liberal/democrat debate instead of staying on the topic. This one is one of the few that have not...so far. Let's see how long that last.

This is obviously false and a complete fabrication. Any northern virginianer could tell you that based on one simple and unquestionable fact.

There's no non-white people in Ashburn unless they play for the Redskins.

In all seriousness, glad they got this guy. Weird thinking of it literally in my back yard.

Glad they caught him. That he's a Muslim --- inconceivable!! :eek:

<you keepa using that word... I do nota thinka it means whata you thinka it means...>

Glad they caught him. That he's a Muslim --- inconceivable!! :eek:

<you keepa using that word... I do nota thinka it means whata you thinka it means...>

He is an American.

How many Bhuddists, Christians, Hindu's, Rastafarians, do you know that work with Al Queda?

Every faith has terrorist. Look at what Buddhist have done to Christians and Tamils in Sri Lanka. Look at how Hindus try to ethnic cleanse Muslims in South East Asia. As for Christianity, I only have three letters to say I.R.A.

Every faith has terrorist. Look at what Buddhist have done to Christians and Tamils in Sri Lanka. Look at how Hindus try to ethnic cleanse Muslims in South East Asia. As for Christianity, I only have three letters to say I.R.A.

Which of the religions I mentioned have repeatedly stated that if you do not follow their religion, you are an infidel and should be killed.

The mans religion certainly does matter in this case.

How many Bhuddists, Christians, Hindu's, Rastafarians, do you know that work with Al Queda?

He is still a domestic terrorist suspect, aka an American terrorist suspect. Using this as another attempt to paint a whole religion as a terror religion is pathetic and only plays into the hands of the very people you are fighting against. Best thing to do is ignore his religion and focus on the fact that he is someone from your own country wanting to do harm to it.

He is an American.. his religion is irrelevant is it not?

He is still a domestic terrorist suspect, aka an American terrorist suspect. Using this as another attempt to paint a whole religion as a terror religion is pathetic and only plays into the hands of the very people you are fighting against. Best thing to do is ignore his religion and focus on the fact that he is someone from your own country wanting to do harm to it.

I don't see anybody attempting to paint a whole religion as anything in this thread. And if you don't think his religion played a part in his actions you're simply fooling himself, meaning that, yes, his religion is relevant. Had he been a Buddhist I doubt this would have happened.

I think the fact that he's with al Qaeda is a dead giveaway of his religion. :roll:

:lol:

I'm glad he was caught before he was able to do any damage.

Keep in mind folks, the fact that he is a Muslim is not to be mentioned. If you do, you're a racist, anti-Muslim bigot.

VA. Man Arrested For Plotting DC Attacks « Liveshots

Let's see here...the article mentions that his name is Farooque Ahmed, his terrorist group of choice is al-Qaeda, he was discussing "jihad", and he went on the Hajj pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia...and you're mad that the article didn't explicitly label him a Muslim? You don't think that the average reader could figure that out?

OK then...if those things aren't giveaways, what makes you so sure that he even IS a Muslim, since the article didn't come right out and say it? Maybe he's a Buddhist. :roll:

Last edited:
I am curious, did they find a Qu'ran on him? What would be the point be of mentioning he was Muslim?

From a Homeland Security and FBI perspective - it would be to validate any ties to al qaeda or other extremist muslim terror groups. As was stated before, not many extremist muslim groups have Christians, Buddists or Jews associated with them.

Back
Top Bottom