• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

VA-Governor: Republican Youngkin trails Democrat McAuliffe by 2% in his own internal poll

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
WPA poll for the Youngkin (R) campaign:

48% Terry McAuliffe (D)
46% Glenn Youngkin (R)

Adjusted for „internal bias“, the Democrats lead by 5-6 points right now in Virginia - which is the consensus about where the race is right now and should be in November.

VA has turned into a D-leaning state and Youngkin is framed as Trumpkin.

Youngkin could be framed as MLK, Jr. and he'd still lose because of Northern VA.

The Democratic Party...champion of diversity!

Yet it recycles an Old White Guy as their candidate for Governor.

Well, Virginia loves their former Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

Otherwise he wouldn’t have won the primary on Tuesday with 64% against several diverse women and other candidates ...

Deal with it.

Yeah? Well i hate him. The assface politicized the Congressional Baseball shooting with gun control rhetoric before Scalise's blood on the property was even dry.

Yeah? Well i hate him. The assface politicized the Congressional Baseball shooting with gun control rhetoric before Scalise's blood on the property was even dry.

zzz, typical Trumpist/Republican/NRA trash talk ...

You realize that the US has a massive gun problem ?

The US sticks out on the globe in terms of mass killings with guns !

McAuliffe has every right to call for more gun control measures.

Otherwise he wouldn’t have won the primary on Tuesday with 64% against several diverse women and other candidates ...

Deal with it.
Name recognition. Money.
IOW, white privilege.

zzz, typical Trumpist/Republican/NRA trash talk ...

You realize that the US has a massive gun problem ?

The US sticks out on the globe in terms of mass killings with guns !

McAuliffe has every right to call for more gun control measures.
Nevermind the fact that the shooter's motive was political. Assface McAuliffe made it MORE political.

Quit whining. Your side wanted to make that ONE shooter an example of the entire left, as if we were so violent that we might storm the Capitol if we didn't get our way in an election. ;)

Is this the dumbest comment made on DP? A conservative who hates diversity complaining there isn't enough of it? Has Roadvirus jumped the shark here?

WPA poll for the Youngkin (R) campaign:

48% Terry McAuliffe (D)
46% Glenn Youngkin (R)

Adjusted for „internal bias“, the Democrats lead by 5-6 points right now in Virginia - which is the consensus about where the race is right now and should be in November.

VA has turned into a D-leaning state and Youngkin is framed as Trumpkin.
I thought Democrats tend to under perform the polls. That's what happened in 2020 anyway. Also, Virginia elections after presidential elections tend to go to the opposite side, so don't pop the champagne just yet.

Is this the dumbest comment made on DP? A conservative who hates diversity complaining there isn't enough of it? Has Roadvirus jumped the shark here?
Who says i hate diversity? Do you have proof?

And what's the matter? Did pointing out the Democrats' hypocrisy hurt?

Oh good! More right wing melodrama.

Nevermind the fact that the shooter's motive was political. Assface McAuliffe made it MORE political.
IT WAS SUICIDE BY COP!!!!

/s

I thought Democrats tend to under perform the polls. That's what happened in 2020 anyway. Also, Virginia elections after presidential elections tend to go to the opposite side, so don't pop the champagne just yet.

Itˋs not uniform across the country.

There were some states with a hidden Trump vote such as PA, WI, MO, MT - where Trump and the Rs overperformed the pre-election polls, but also many states where the polls were very accurate like in AZ, GA or VA. And some states like CO, where Dems outperformed the polls. It’s mostly an education bias: states with highly educated voters such as CO or VA tend not to lie or mislead pollsters when they call. Uneducated Trump voters tend to lie to pollsters about their voting intentions or don’t even answer polls.

Deal with it.
From reports I heard yesterday, McAuliffe won the primary in every city and county in VA.

Back
Top Bottom