• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utterly clear case of massive crimes by trump on fraud may be abandoned by new DA

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
What a travesty this is looking like. There is overwhelming evidence of massive fraud by trump with extreme fraud on his property values, which had a huge prosecution effort and special grand jury proceeding toward charges, but there's a new DA appearing to be unwilling to proceed and two key prosecutors have resigned from the team as a result.

You need a flipper to make a criminal case against Trump. The DA does not have one that I have seen that can flip on either Donnie or the kids. Weisselberg does not appear to be cooperating.

Civil case by NYAG appears to be a good one. But without a flipper, I fail to see where the DA's effort is going. They tried...so far nobody has flipped on the family. The accounting firm only gives you so much. They were not auditing the financial data of the company. Somebody has got to be willing to take the stand and say that Trump or the kids or both "instructed me to send this fugged up financial data to the accounting firm". and to insurance companies and to mortgage companies etc etc. Without that, there is no real way to get to Trump or the kids.

My goodness .
The Donald wins again and they still whine and bleat like little girls .
#
Guilty -- except it never happens
Guilty -- because it would have been in my dream world if they had not stopped my orgasm.

You need a flipper to make a criminal case against Trump. The DA does not have one that I have seen that can flip on either Donnie or the kids. Weisselberg does not appear to be cooperating.

Civil case by NYAG appears to be a good one. But without a flipper, I fail to see where the DA's effort is going. They tried...so far nobody has flipped on the family. The accounting firm only gives you so much. They were not auditing the financial data of the company. Somebody has got to be willing to take the stand and say that Trump or the kids or both "instructed me to send this fugged up financial data to the accounting firm". and to insurance companies and to mortgage companies etc etc. Without that, there is no real way to get to Trump or the kids.
Heres one. There is no case. Thats why the procecuter resigned. Some people actually have this thing called integrety.

Or maybe the DA has come to realize the attacks on Trump for political reasons had no factual basis, like the collusion bs, and has tired of being the bootlicker for the Trump haters.

What a travesty this is looking like. There is overwhelming evidence of massive fraud by trump with extreme fraud on his property values, which had a huge prosecution effort and special grand jury proceeding toward charges, but there's a new DA appearing to be unwilling to proceed and two key prosecutors have resigned from the team as a result.

probably bought off or threatened. People need to be investigating. There is no way to not do it other than you are bought and paid for, if they really are not going to proceed

Or maybe the DA has come to realize the attacks on Trump for political reasons had no factual basis, like the collusion bs, and has tired of being the bootlicker for the Trump haters.
Doubt any of that. Wasselberg is falling on his sword. He is going to take the fall along with those in the paid apartments scheme. He would have flipped by now if he was going to flip.

were they bought off.........? one of Trumps favorite tools.

was the previous DA voted out?

Nonetheless that does not make Rump any less guilty..... this does look suspicious.

Heres one. There is no case. Thats why the procecuter resigned. Some people actually have this thing called integrety.
There is a case. They just don't have a way to get to Trump or the kids without a flipper. Wasselberg is falling on his sword. He is going to take the fall along with those in the paid apartments scheme. He would have flipped by now if he was going to flip.

Nobody, I repeat nobody believes this. Nobody.
This is not the end of it. If the AG finds criminal behavior in her civil case, she can take up a criminal case as well. She doesn't need the Manhattan DA.

Personally, I think the DA just got cold feet. Fearing the same kind of political backlash we've heard Merric Garland talk about.

So here is the real problem for a criminal case without a flipper. You have to have a way to prove Intent to make a criminal case. It really isn't more complicated than that.

Now you could depend on the repeated use of the same processes of changing the values of things to suit your purposes as a means of trying to prove intent in a financial fraud or tax fraud or bank fraud case. That is pretty thin though. To really prove intent you need somebody to take the stand and say, this is what we were doing, we knew what we were doing and we knew it was illegal. They need Weisselberg to flip. They always needed Weisselberg to flip.

Now the NYAG's civil case is a good one that is already cause the Trump clan a bunch of heartburn. Son Eric has already taken the 5th 500 times. The others in the family are going to be forced to deposition and will also likely take the 5th. In civil trials the Jury is instructed that taking the 5th can be considered to imply guilt.

Well, that is a darn disappointment to us folks hoping he would be sidelined for 2024. I wonder how that DA slipped through the net, the Mayor?

This is not the end of it. If the AG finds criminal behavior in her civil case, she can take up a criminal case as well. She doesn't need the Manhattan DA.

Personally, I think the DA just got cold feet. Fearing the same kind of political backlash we've heard Merric Garland talk about.
She will be stuck with the same standard the DA has. To make a criminal case you must be able to prove Intent.

The never ending "We got Trump now" saga continues, with the same old ending. Fake News!

That new DA's gotta earn a living somehow.

probably bought off or threatened. People need to be investigating. There is no way to not do it other than you are bought and paid for, if they really are not going to proceed
Seems obvious to me. Otherwise why resign? There are many more cases they could have been assigned to.

Michael Cohen flipped against Trump a long time ago. He was Trump's attorney for over 10 years and he knows where all the bodies are buried.

That's not a viable reason.

Michael Cohen flipped against Trump a long time ago. He was Trump's attorney for over 10 years and he knows where all the bodies are buried.

That's not a viable reason.
Do you really think Cohen is a credible witness or are you inclined to think he would be cut to ribbons in a criminal trial? How is Trump's personal attorney to have any standing with regard to the financial records of the company anyway or even of Cohen was Trump Org attorney?

I would have liked to have seen how clearcut the documents were in this case laid out for purposes of trial and if they could clearly prove without a guide (a credible flipper) that the same properties and other items were valued one way for one purposes (to secure loans for example) and then valued another way for another purpose ( taxes for example) with no logical progression to rationalize the differeing values AND that somebody above Weisselberg knew about it and authorized it with intent to defraud. That is the real case here anyway. Nobody really cares about the apartments and cars though Weisselberg will likely be found guilty on those charges....big deal.

For example, If they can prove that the values of properties were being changed for no other reason than to commit a fraud then that is all well and good. Now you have to prove to me that Donnie or the kids were involved and that there was intent on their part. I am not talking about my own thoughts about what was going on here. I am talking about proving it in court.

If Weisselberg will not take the stand in his own defense in such a case, then you might be able to get Weisselberg without a flipper but that is likely all you are going to get. You might be able to get Trump Org as well. Not sure what that buys you. The NYAG will likely be able to dissolve Trump Org as a part of her civil case if dissolving Trump Org is the goal. Same thing happened to the Trump Foundation.

In any event the new Manhattan DA is not going to be able to slither away without making some sort of comment about the prosecutors resigning. That ain't gonna' fly either.

Last edited:
Do you really think Cohen is a credible witness or are you inclined to think he would be cut to ribbons in a criminal trial? How is Trump's personal attorney to have any standing with regard to the financial records of the company anyway or even of Cohen was Trump Org attorney?

I would have liked to have seen how clearcut the documents were in this case laid out for purposes of trial and if they could clearly prove without a guide (a credible flipper) that the same properties and other items were valued one way for one purposes (to secure loans for example) and then valued another way for another purpose ( taxes for example) with no logical progression to rationalize the differeing values AND that somebody above Weisselberg knew about it and authorized it with intent to defraud. That is the real case here anyway. Nobody really cares about the apartments and cars though Weisselberg will likely be found guilty on those charges....big deal.

For example, If they can prove that the values of properties were being changed for no other reason than to commit a fraud then that is all well and good. Now you have to prove to me that Donnie or the kids were involved and that there was intent on their part. I am not talking about my own thoughts about what was going on here. I am talking about proving it in court.

If Weisselberg will not take the stand in his own defense in such a case, then you might be able to get Weisselberg without a flipper but that is likely all you are going to get. You might be able to get Trump Org as well. Not sure what that buys you. The NYAG will likely be able to dissolve Trump Org as a part of her civil case if dissolving Trump Org is the goal. Same thing happened to the Trump Foundation.

In any event the new Manhattan DA is not going to be able to slither away without making some sort of comment about the prosecutors resigning. That ain't gonna' fly either.
If Cohen was credible enough to testify before Congress, then he is certainly credible enough to testify at Trump's trial. Cohen was quite familiar with the cheating that went on inside the Trump Organization.

And no decent attorney is going to work for Trump, not at this point. So I seriously doubt any attorney working for Trump would be able to cut Cohen "to ribbons".

If Cohen was credible enough to testify before Congress, then he is certainly credible enough to testify at Trump's trial. Cohen was quite familiar with the cheating that went on inside the Trump Organization.

And no decent attorney is going to work for Trump, not at this point. So I seriously doubt any attorney working for Trump would be able to cut Cohen "to ribbons".
Problem is that Cohen wasn’t credible enough to testify before Congress because he plead guilty to lying to Congress. The DA needs a lot more than Cohen’s say-so to build a criminal case.

What does being called before a congressional hearing have to to do with testimony at criminal court? Where are Cohen's bonafides to testify at trial about the financial dealings of Trump Org? Is he a CPA? Cohen is a low rent fixer with a law degree from one of the lowest rated law schools in the country. Even if he would be found credible would he be relevant? Oh and Mafia Don's can't hire good criminal attorney's???? Please. Donnie is not even paying his own legal fees any longer. The RNC is paying them.

I have long stopped believing Trump will be held accountable. Our justice system, when it comes to holding politicians accountable, is toothless.

All the MSNBC news about investigations about big revelations and witnesses flipping is all theater. Appeal after appeal. Everyone pleading the fifth. I totally ignore that stuff. There is no accountability for corrupt politicians.

Back
Top Bottom