• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Utah Bans Transition Care for Transgender Youth

I mean when you take a meta analysis, its pretty clear the overwhelming majority are helped.
Well, that's the problem, really. Analysis. Those that react don't need analysis.

The idea that it's OK for some people to be permanently physically disfigured is OK because it's only a few of them is disgusting

The idea that it's OK for some people to be permanently physically disfigured is OK because it's only a few of them is disgusting
Waitaminit. They were forced into this? Like genital mutilation?

Apparently not. Especially not with the hrt that is provided. You may as well do away with medicine.
The voices of those that detrans disagree

Waitaminit. They were forced into this? Like genital mutilation?
They were children. We tell children no when they want to jump off the roof too.

These societies have been wrong in the past
And? That doesn't mean they are wrong here. Not good logic here.

We're talking DENYING people medical treatment. That's the point. They are not saying "get a second opinion". They are saying that the guidelines, which have been peer-reviewed and based on scientific data, need to be ignored. If you follow them, the government will throw you in prison or remove their medical licenses.

When you're talking about people who are gender dysphoric or potentially gender dysphoric, you're talking about people who are suicidal, depressed, and thinking about hurting themselves.

We're talking DENYING people medical treatment. That's the point. They are not saying "get a second opinion". They are saying that the guidelines, which have been peer-reviewed and based on scientific data, need to be ignored. If you follow them, the government will throw you in prison or remove their medical licenses.

When you're talking about people who are gender dysphoric or potentially gender dysphoric, you're talking about people who are suicidal, depressed, and thinking about hurting themselves.
Then get them treatment for suicidal ideation.

It's their ****ing decision. What is it about freedom that you hate so much?

What other decisions do you think minor children should be able to legally make for themselves?

Do you have any links to the studies of the long term effects of performing these irreversible, life changing surgeries and hormonal treatments on children is?

That's an opinion. I have no problems with trans kids. But surgery and puberty blockers are for adults
Strange how treatments only seem to be an issue when it applies to trans kids. Should we ban minors from having any kind of medical treatment even reversible ones because it could cause lasting effects?
A2CCC80E-596D-45DD-800C-ACA0B160B85E.jpeg

Strange how treatments only seem to be an issue when it applies to trans kids. Should we ban minors from having any kind of medical treatment even reversible ones because it could cause lasting effects?
View attachment 67434861
I am open to hearing about any other ELECTIVE treatments you know about that result in permanent disfigurement

I am open to hearing about any other ELECTIVE treatments you know about that result in permanent disfigurement
That argument only works if you think gender dysphoria is a choice and does not require treatment.

That argument only works if you think gender dysphoria is a choice and does not require treatment.
I fully support counseling and psychiatric treatment for them

And for the detransitioners it was the WRONG choice

Life or death. Not an elective treatment.

The problem you don't have any evidence to show that the scientific and psychological consensus is wrong. Here is some links for you to look at:

Life or death. Not an elective treatment.

The problem you don't have any evidence to show that the scientific and psychological consensus is wrong. Here is some links for you to look at:

I can listen to the voices of the detransitioners who talk about being physically disfigured for life

And I think their voice counts too

I fully support counseling and psychiatric treatment for them

And for the detransitioners it was the WRONG choice
Okay, then how exactly is prescribing things like puberty blockers different than say prescribing antidepressants for depression or birth control for hormonal issues?

They can have some pretty serious and sometimes permanent side effects.

I can listen to the voices of the detransitioners who talk about being physically disfigured for life

And I think their voice counts too
Never said the contrary. Let me guess you didn't even look at the links. By in large, the majority of people who transition, live happier and healthy lives. It's not the job of the government to deny them medical care. All what they are doing is prolonging people's misery. You have yet to show any evidence that our professional medical and psychologically societies are wrong. Absolutely none. These procedures are carefully monitored.

Back
Top Bottom