• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USPS removed 711 sorting machines this year, new court documents show

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

mail-sorting-machine.jpg

9/10/20
The United States Postal Service removed 711 mail-sorting machines from postal facilities -- the highest level in at least four years -- according to new court testimony from top-ranking agency officials. In written testimony and documents submitted Wednesday to a federal court in New York, the postal service's director of processing operation disclosed the high number of removals, which is the most that occurred in one year of President Donald Trump's tenure and roughly double the machines USPS typically removes in a given year. The numbers in the court papers, provided by USPS official Jason DeChambeau, show this is the most machines removed since fiscal year 2016. The Postal Service removed an average of approximately 388 machines from facilities per year from 2015 through 2019. The decision to remove these machines was made before DeJoy started his post in June, during a significant mail decrease due to coronavirus, DeChambeau said in the written testimony. He said the machine removals stopped on August 18 at the direction of DeJoy, who has come under fire for changes he made to the postal service that have caused massive delays in mail service ahead of the election.

Originally a covert operation to subvert the US election process by President Donald Trump and Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

The intent here is to suppress the mail-in vote of Americans during the deadly COVID pandemic.

No wonder they're dumping mail out back, lol.

Looks like Trump's and DeJoy's plan to hamstring the USPS might be working. Glad they turned that into a partisan battle ground.

The United States Postal Service removed 711 mail-sorting machines from postal facilities -- the highest level in at least four years
And we all remember how livid Democrats were four years ago when Obama was trying to destroy the Postal Service.

And we all remember how livid Democrats were four years ago when Obama was trying to destroy the Postal Service.

Do you have anything to back up Thia claim?
Just asking because I don't remember any such thing
Please enlighten us
Have a nice day

Do you have anything to back up Thia claim?
Just asking because I don't remember any such thing
Please enlighten us
Have a nice day
It was sarcasm. Of course you don't remember because the democrat/media corporate complex didn't care when it was Obama that was dismantling postal sorting machines, and at a higher rate.

It was sarcasm. Of course you don't remember because the democrat/media corporate complex didn't care when it was Obama that was dismantling postal sorting machines, and at a higher rate.

Well I asked because I have a Brother in law and a Nephew that work in a large city post office
My Nephew works on the sorting machines so I am sure they would know all about it and they say it never happened
so I guess it is nothing but BS and sarcasm
Have a nice day

mail-sorting-machine.jpg

Originally a covert operation to subvert the US election process by President Donald Trump and Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

The intent here is to suppress the mail-in vote of Americans during the deadly COVID pandemic.

Did you dig deep enough to see where the reasons for the removal were, moving them from areas where the volume of mail had decreased to where it had increased, and to remove old and dysfunctional machines? I imagine not.

Well I asked because I have a Brother in law and a Nephew that work in a large city post office
My Nephew works on the sorting machines so I am sure they would know all about it and they say it never happened
so I guess it is nothing but BS and sarcasm
Have a nice day
Ah, so they think CNN is publishing false information. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ah, so they think CNN is publishing false information. Wouldn't be the first time.

So you can't show us where this was happening back when Obama was in office
just like I thought
Have a nice afternoon

So you can't show us where this was happening back when Obama was in office
just like I thought
Have a nice afternoon
It's in the OP... so are you accusing CNN of lying, or do you just have a reading comprehension problem?

voter suppression is sickening. in this case, it's literally sickening, as many employers force their employees to order their medicines through a ****ty mail order service that can get it wrong even if the mail system actually works. this sabotage could have significant consequences.

Back
Top Bottom