• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

user names

My user name seems fairly obvious as do others but some seem like a jumble of letters or just random meaningless words. They must mean something to the person who made them up, care to share?

I would think mine is rather self-explanatory... I hop on and off as time permits, therefore, many times, I gotta go!

I would think mine is rather self-explanatory... I hop on and off as time permits, therefore, many times, I gotta go!

Christ. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you had a bladder problem.

My user name seems fairly obvious as do others but some seem like a jumble of letters or just random meaningless words. They must mean something to the person who made them up, care to share?

My initials plus year of birth.
The extra n is cause I screwed up when I registered.:3oops:

I chose mine because it was available on pretty much every website I've been to.

I got sick and tired of trying to come up with new ways to get my real name into a SN for every damned site so Lutherf was born and I haven't had to mess with it since.

I guess anyone who's ever heard of Ronald Reagan has a fleeting idea of my name.

After all, there are only 2 reasons to have this name - and I cannot stand Notre Dame.

It's a nickname of mine.

Christ. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you had a bladder problem.

:lamo

I've had that answer a few times!

Of course the humor of some posts brings that into play, or if I sneeze at the wrong time...... :shock:

Crue, for Motley Crue. Best damn band ever.
Cab, for the Suburban I cut down and welded the back of a pick up cab behind the rear doors making it a crew cab.

l think l dont have to explain mine :mrgreen:

l think l dont have to explain mine :mrgreen:

OK, you're scaring me now!:lol:

"The medusa was an ugly creature. Let's have a look at how she came into existance, for she wasn't always that ugly... Again, the Gods played their role.
The Medusa was the daughter of Phorkys and Keto, the children of Gaia (Earth) and Okeanos (Ocean). She was one of the three sisters known as the Gorgons. The other two sisters were Sthenno and Euryale. Medusa was the only mortal out of the three. She was once very beautiful and lived far in the north were the sun didn't visit. Being very curious, she wanted to see the sun, and asked the Goddess Athena for permission to visit the south. Athena refused to allow her to visit. The medusa got angry and dared to say that Athena hadn't given her permission because she was jealous of her beauty. that was it! Athena was angered and punished her by turning her hair into snakes and cursing her by making her so ugly that who ever lookes at her eyes would turn into stone. "

OK, you're scaring me now!:lol:

"The medusa was an ugly creature. Let's have a look at how she came into existance, for she wasn't always that ugly... Again, the Gods played their role.
The Medusa was the daughter of Phorkys and Keto, the children of Gaia (Earth) and Okeanos (Ocean). She was one of the three sisters known as the Gorgons. The other two sisters were Sthenno and Euryale. Medusa was the only mortal out of the three. She was once very beautiful and lived far in the north were the sun didn't visit. Being very curious, she wanted to see the sun, and asked the Goddess Athena for permission to visit the south. Athena refused to allow her to visit. The medusa got angry and dared to say that Athena hadn't given her permission because she was jealous of her beauty. that was it! Athena was angered and punished her by turning her hair into snakes and cursing her by making her so ugly that who ever lookes at her eyes would turn into stone. "

l have been looking for my poseidon for hundreds of years

It's believed Athene cursed Medusa because she was cheated by her husband Poseidon who made love to Medusa (a local beauty) in a temple of Anthene (yeah greek gods are a cheating bunch). In revenge she cursed medusa to become one of the gorgones. Her hair was tranformed to snakes, hands of bronse, gold wings and snaketeeth and when you look her in her eyes you get petrified (bye-bye beaty). Her other 2 sisters are also gorgones but only medusa is mortal. Anyway Anthene was still furious and send out Persues to slay Medusa which he did with the help of Athene. Medusa was decapitated and her head was given to Anthene as a gift out of the blood of Medusa, Pegasus and the giant Chrysaor were born. Athene placed the the head on Medusa on her shield to petrify her enimies. Persues was worshipped as a god (heros) and recieved to Godly parents (Zeus, Danaë) to watch over him and so became a Demi-God (A god that is mortal the mainly walks on the face of the Earth)

Mine is just a random assemblage of letters lacking in meaning or purpose, and chosen for no other reason than their being the only keys on my keyboard that were not sticky at the time.

Regarding my name, see signature. "Be the change"

Cup of coffee + gotta go = ?

Needed a "screen name" the first time I tried to log into Yahoo to play spades back around 1996 or '97.

Tried my name. Taken. Tried numeorus variations of my name. Taken, taken, taken.

Picked up the dictionary on my desk, closed my eyes, opened a random page, pointed, opened eyes:

soot/sʊt, sut/ Show Spelled [soot, soot] Show IPA
noun
1. a black, carbonaceous substance produced during incomplete combustion of coal, wood, oil, etc., rising in fine particles and adhering to the sides of the chimney or pipe conveying the smoke: also conveyed in the atmosphere to other locations.

Said "**** it".

I've used the name soot for every discussion forum I've ever registered with.

It has no real signifigance to me other than it being a completely random, anonymous screen name.

l have been looking for my poseidon for hundreds of years

It's believed Athene cursed Medusa because she was cheated by her husband Poseidon who made love to Medusa (a local beauty) in a temple of Anthene (yeah greek gods are a cheating bunch). In revenge she cursed medusa to become one of the gorgones. Her hair was tranformed to snakes, hands of bronse, gold wings and snaketeeth and when you look her in her eyes you get petrified (bye-bye beaty). Her other 2 sisters are also gorgones but only medusa is mortal. Anyway Anthene was still furious and send out Persues to slay Medusa which he did with the help of Athene. Medusa was decapitated and her head was given to Anthene as a gift out of the blood of Medusa, Pegasus and the giant Chrysaor were born. Athene placed the the head on Medusa on her shield to petrify her enimies. Persues was worshipped as a god (heros) and recieved to Godly parents (Zeus, Danaë) to watch over him and so became a Demi-God (A god that is mortal the mainly walks on the face of the Earth)

I am removing your scary ass from my friends list IMMEDIATELY! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom