• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

user names

Mine's a literary reference. It's actually "A. Derleth", which is short for August Derleth, who founded Arkham publishing house, and played a significant role in making HP Lovecraft the influential figure in horror and sci fi that he is today. Of course I don't know how he'd have felt about the Cthulhu meme, but that's a different issue.

whenever my girl friend would become exasperated with me - which was quite often - she would shake her head and say "you're just a bubba"
seemed an apt description coming from a country gal

Robert Sheckley, `Down the Digestive Tract and into the Cosmos with Mantra, Tantra, and Specklebang'.

`But will I really have hallucination?' Gregory asked.
`Like I said, I guarantee it,' Blake answered. `You should be into something by now.'
Gregory looked around. The room was dismayingly, tediously familiar: narrow blue bed, walnut dresser, marble table with wrought-iron base, double-headed lamp, turkey-red rug, beige television set. He was sitting in an upholstered armchair. Across from him, on a white plastic couch, was Blake, pale and plump, poking at three speckled irregularly shaped tablets.
`I mean to say,' Blake said, `that there's all sorts of acid going around - tabs, strips, blotters, dots, most of it cut with speed and some of it cut with Drano. But lucky you have just ingested old Doc Blake's special tantric mantric instant freakout special superacid cocktail, known to the carriage trade as Specklebang, and containing absolutely simon-pure LSD-25, plus carefully calculated additives of STP, DMT, and THC, plus a smidgen of Yage, a touch of psilocybin, and the merest hint of oloiuqui; plus Doc Blake's own special ingredient - extract of foxberry, newest and most potent of the hallucinogenic potentiators.'
Gregory was staring at his right hand, slowly clenching and unclenching it.
`The result,' Blake went on, `is Doc Blake's total instantaneous many-splendoured acid delight, guaranteed to make you hallucinate on the quarter-hour at least, or I return your money and give up my credentials as the best free-lance underground chemist ever to hit the West Village.'
`You sound like you're stoned,' Gregory said.
`Not at all,' Blake protested. `I am merely on speed, just simple, old-fashioned amphetamines such as truck drivers and high school students swallow by the pound and shoot by the gallon. Speed is nothing more than a stimulant. With its assistance I can do my thing faster and better. My thing is to create my own quickie drug empire between Houston and 14th Street, and then bail quickly, before I burn out my nerves or get crunched by the narcs or the Mafia, and then split for Switzerland where I will freak out in a splendid sanatorium surrounded by gaudy women, plump bank accounts, fast cars, and the respect of the local politicos.'
Blake paused for a moment and rubbed his upper lip. `Speed does bring on a certain sense of grandiloquence, with accompanying verbosity . . . But never fear, my dear newlymet friend and esteemed customer, my senses are more or less unimpaired and I am fully capable of acting as your guide for the superjumbotripout upon which you are now embarked.'
`How long since I took that tablet?' Gregory asked.
Blake looked at his watch. `Over an hour ago.'
`Shouldn't it be acting by now?'
`Is should indeed. It undoubtedly is. Something should be happening.'
Gregory looked around. He saw the grass-lined pit, the pulsing glow-worm, the hard-packed mica, the captive cricket. He was on the side of the pit nearest to the drain pipe. Across him, on the mossy stone, was Blake, his cilia matted and his exoderm mottled, poking at three speckled irregularly shaped tablets.
`What's the matter?' Blake asked.
Gregory scratched the tough membrane over his throax.
His cilia waved spasmodically in clear evidence of amazement, dismay, perhaps even fright. He extended a feeler, looked at it long and hard, bent id double and straightened it again.
Blake's antennae pointed straight up in a gesture of concern. `Hey, baby, speak to me! Are you hallucinating?'
Gregory made an indeterminate movement with his tail. `It started just before, when I asked you if I'd really have any hallucinations. I was into it then but I didn't realize it, everything seemed so natural, so ordinary . . . i was sitting on a chair, and you were on a couch, and we both had soft exoskeletons like - like mammals!'
`The shift into illusion is often imperceptible,' Blake said. `One slides into them and out of them. What's happening now?'
Gregory coiled his segmented tail and relaxed his antennae. He looked around. The pit was dismayingly, tediously familiar. `Oh, I'm back to normal now. Do you think I'm going to have more hallucinations?'
`Like I told you, I guarantee it,' Blake said, neatly folding his glossy red wings and settling comfortably into a corner of the nest.
--------THE END--------

After the song, which was about the car.

I really am winston. The 53660 comes from my yahoo id. I'm so much so winston my great x5 grandfather is the winston of winston Salem. And yep winston cigarettes too

Last edited:
I really am winston. The 53660 comes from my yahoo id. I'm so much do winston my great x5 grandfather is the winston of winston Salem. And yep winston cigarettes too
And Winston Cup. Ah, the good old days of NASCAR.

My user name seems fairly obvious as do others but some seem like a jumble of letters or just random meaningless words. They must mean something to the person who made them up, care to share?

I just thought of mine one day in high school and thought it sounded cool. I've used it in a bunch of different places online since then and now it's just kind of become a habit.

Mine represents my favorite hobby.

My user name seems fairly obvious as do others but some seem like a jumble of letters or just random meaningless words. They must mean something to the person who made them up, care to share?

For those confused, I'm John from Canada.

Aunt Sponge is at a different forum. LOL I'm her evil alternate personality. Muaahahaha

Back in the early 80s there was a radio commercial for 7/11 where one characters called one of the other characters "clownboy". Just the way it was said was chuckle inducing. One of the good friends I worked with at the time could do a perfect impression of it and since I was always cracking wise, it became his nickname for me. Always made me smile a bit when he called me that.

It was either this or r/L0-Im6. In retrospect it may have been a mistake.

Eh, I've never been that creative with usernames. I used to be "Di" everywhere, then forums required more letters so I turned it into DiAnna. :)

Eh, I've never been that creative with usernames. I used to be "Di" everywhere, then forums required more letters so I turned it into DiAnna. :)

You should have made it something a bit twisted like Die Anna.

Mine is just short for Christine, my name. Exciting and creative, right? :lol:

Oh yeah, and the L is just the first initial of my middle name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom