• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Use Only Official Sources About Ukraine War, Russian Media Watchdog Tells Journalists

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Russia’s media watchdog has ordered the country’s media to use only official sources in covering the country’s invasion of neighboring Ukraine, threatening to block outlets which do not comply. In a statement, the Rozkomnadzor agency demanded that Russian media “use only information and data from official Russian sources” in covering what it called the “the special operation connected with the situation in the Luhansk People’s Republic and the Donetsk People’s Republic.” The regulator said that failure to comply could result in websites being blocked within Russia, and in a fine of up to 5 million rubles ($59,000). Russian independent media, including the Meduza news website and the Dozhd television channel, had been covering the war using reports from the Ukrainian side, and from social media.

It is important to the Kremlin that Russians only hear the Putin regime narrative, which will consist of Kremlin falsehoods and conspiracy.

Russia’s Propaganda & Disinformation Ecosystem

As distinct from the garbage churned out in the US by the obligated and ever dishonest MSM .

You live in a happy world of dreams , OP .

Remind me of a war which was ever reported honestly .

Let's remind ourselves of Vietnam .

From the opening False Flag in Tonkin to the bitter end , the truth was hidden .

Hardly a good example to set .

Rogue Valley:

Truth is always the first casualty of war. It may be cliché, but it's still true.

I am so sorry that Ukraine and its people have to go through this. I hate Vladimir Putin.

The Genetal Assembly should kick Russia out of the UN. Give its Permanent Security Council seat to India. Pull the plug on Russia's use of the SWIFT banking system and fry Russia's computer infrastructure and power grids with cyber attacks.

Then get ready to meet Putin's forces if he directly threatens NATO. All NATO countries should come to a state of full readiness to fight immediately. Establish a Ukrainian Government in exile. Make arrangements for any retreating Ukrainian military personnel to cross into NATO territory if they surrender their weapons to NATO authorities and then train them and reequip them to be an experienced cadré for training a Ukrainian Army in Exile, far from Russia's grasp. Get any 15-17 year old Ukranians who will volunteer out of Ukraine and then train them and equip them to be soldiers and scout/saboteurs in alliance with NATO in order to take back their country when NATO has got its act together. Before they are defeated the Ukrainian armed forces should utterly destroy and pollute the gas and oil transit system running through their country in order to deny Russia its use.

Evilroddy.

I'm just watching for who defends Putin.

Rogue Valley:

Truth is always the first casualty of war. It may be cliché, but it's still true.

I am so sorry that Ukraine and its people have to go through this. I hate Vladimir Putin.

The Genetal Assembly should kick Russia out of the UN. Give its Permanent Security Council seat to India. Pull the plug on Russia's use of the SWIFT banking system and fry Russia's computer infrastructure and power grids with cyber attacks.

Then get ready to meet Putin's forces if he directly threatens NATO. All NATO countries should come to a state of full readiness to fight immediately. Establish a Ukrainian Government in exile. Make arrangements for any retreating Ukrainian military personnel to cross into NATO territory if they surrender their weapons to NATO authorities and then train them and reequip them to be an experienced cadré for training a Ukrainian Army in Exile, far from Russia's grasp. Get any 15-17 year old Ukranians who will volunteer out of Ukraine and then train them and equip them to be soldiers and scout/saboteurs in alliance with NATO in order to take back their country when NATO has got its act together. Before they are defeated the Ukrainian armed forces should utterly destroy and pollute the gas and oil transit system running through their country in order to deny Russia its use.

Evilroddy.
Taking their security council seat would actually be a great response. I am not sure all the internet routes can be cut off though, unless China is also in agreement.

Back
Top Bottom