• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USCMA (United States of Canada, Mexico, and America)

Morality Games

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
China seems to have weathered the transformative economic storms that should have accelerated it into a democracy internally and from my point of view is hiding behind a veneer of political agnosticism to use its newly developed economic soft power to encourage developing nations to adhere to its authoritarian model. Given China's ascension as the world's largest trading nation, and its developing alliance with a resurgent Russia that seems even more committed to authoritarianism, as well as Western nations continuing their long spiral into indifference or active hostility against spreading democracy and human rights even in their own borders, the assumption that democratic self-rule where populations have a say in the laws and organizations that govern them now appears to be in serious doubt.

With European power projection, their insufficient passion for human destiny, and their will to fight is so tied up in internal domestic squabbles, Russian oil, and yuan-focused get rich quick schemes that they're barely able to defend their own democratic interests and Africa, East Asia, and Latin America are recipients of Chinese economic colonization, which leaves the North America region as the best choice to carry the flag for democracy in the political and military battles of the future. Freeing up the movement of people and goods across the borders of the U.S. Canada, and Mexico with a common Amero currency would give a much needed economic stimulus.

Canadian political culture and resources, American technology and innovation, and Mexican manpower and work ethic combined would make for the most singularly formidable nation that has ever existed on the planet Earth. One far more capable of facing up to the threats faced by global democracy than three nations divided by currencies and systems of government.

Last edited:
China seems to have weathered the transformative economic storms that should have accelerated it into a democracy internally and from my point of view is hiding behind a veneer of political agnosticism to use its newly developed economic soft power to encourage developing nations to adhere to its authoritarian model. Given China's ascension as the world's largest trading nation, and its developing alliance with a resurgent Russia that seems even more committed to authoritarianism, as well as Western nations continuing their long spiral into indifference or active hostility against spreading democracy and human rights even in their own borders, the assumption that democratic self-rule where populations have a say in the laws and organizations that govern them now appears to be in serious doubt.

European power projection, their passion for human destiny, and their will to fight is so tied up in internal domestic squabbles and yuan-focused get rich quick schemes that they're barely able to defend their own democratic interests and Africa, East Asia, and Latin America are recipients of Chinese economic colonization, which leaves the North America region as the best choice to carry the flag for democracy in the political and military battles of the future. Freeing up the movement of people and goods across the borders of the U.S. Canada, and Mexico with a common Amero currency would give a much needed economic stimulus.

Canadian political culture and resources, American technology and innovation, and Mexican manpower and work ethic combined would make for the most singularly formidable nation that has ever existed on the planet Earth. One far more capable of facing up to the threats faced by global democracy than three nations divided by currencies and systems of government.

Unless something changes dramatically, the Western world has become so much of an oligarchy that nothing is going to happen for the sake of "democracy." It's a good idea, ... ideal. Unless or until enough within the group of elites decides it's of value to their income, it ain't goin' happen. And if/when it happens under their directions, it won't be too much different for the populace than it is/will be in China or Russia.

European power projection, their insufficient passion for human destiny, and their will to fight is so tied up in internal domestic squabbles, Russian oil, and yuan-focused get rich quick schemes that they're barely able to defend their own democratic interests and Africa, East Asia, and Latin America are recipients of Chinese economic colonization, which leaves the North America region as the best choice to carry the flag for democracy in the political and military battles of the future. Freeing up the movement of people and goods across the borders of the U.S. Canada, and Mexico with a common Amero currency would give a much needed economic stimulus.

If something like this were to happen it would still be United States of America.

If something like this were to happen it would still be United States of America.

How did I just know that one you yahoos was going to be in here demanding one of two things, either as you've demanded or similarly that the order of the CMA be changed to assure the A was first. Totally, predictably inane.

How did I just know that one you yahoos was going to be in here demanding one of two things, either as you've demanded or similarly that the order of the CMA be changed to assure the A was first. Totally, predictably inane.
:lamo
How did I know one of you yahoos would object to reality?
These are all states in America, how did that escape you?

And please note; I left off "The" for a reason.

:lamo
How did I know one of you yahoos would object to reality?
These are all states in America, how did that escape you?

And please note; I left off "The" for a reason.

Actually if you're trying to be accurate instead of inane, you would have typed, United States of Americas because there are two Americas, and Latin America should be included too, not just stopping at Mexico.

On edit: The best answer would be to say, the United Countries of America (or North America).

Last edited:
Actually if you're trying to be accurate instead of inane, you would have typed, United States of Americas because there are two Americas, and Latin America should be included too, not just stopping at Mexico.
:doh
Wrong.
North American would be more specific but unneeded as they would still be United States of America.

Had the OP included a South American state then your reply would have been more accurate.

:doh
Wrong.
North American would be more specific but unneeded as they would still be the United States of America.

I've gone back and edited, but suffices to say, no, it can't stay the same, that's way too arrogant. I know that the fact that we consider ourselves "Americans" and fail to recognize Canadians and Mexicans as "Americans" can be a sore spot with many. Hence it can't be remain the same, imo.

When/if the day comes 99% of the political debate will be focused on what the new country is called and 1% on administration and organization.

When/if the day comes 99% of the political debate will be focused on what the new country is called and 1% on administration and organization.

Exactly what my point was to start with. However it is telling that it's likely never going to happen if for no other reason than the unearned arrogance of most USA citizens.

Exactly what my point was to start with. However it is telling that it's likely never going to happen if for no other reason than the unearned arrogance of most USA citizens.

Curing Americans of their unearned arrogance is Canada's most important contribution to the new Union.

And their resources.

I've gone back and edited, but suffices to say, no, it can't stay the same, that's way too arrogant. I know that the fact that we consider ourselves "Americans" and fail to recognize Canadians and Mexicans as "Americans" can be a sore spot with many. Hence it can't be remain the same, imo.

Your edit is fine.

But I see no arrogance in reality, nor did I say it had to be called that. I clearly stated that it would "still be".

As for failing to recognize them as American's?
I don't see that, though I have seen them deny to be recognized as such because the word is associated with US Citizens.

As for your "it can't remain the same"? That is as arrogant as saying someone saying it has to.

Back
Top Bottom