• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USCIS Releases Report on Arrest Histories of Illegal Aliens who Request DACA

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
USCIS Releases Report on Arrest Histories of Illegal Aliens who Request DACA

Offenses include Murder, Rape, Weapon and Assault Charges

Release Date: Nov. 16, 2019

WASHINGTON—Today, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) updated data (PDF, 756 KB) on arrests and apprehensions of illegal aliens who requested Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

The release of this report reflects the agency’s ongoing focus on transparency. The report provides updated information on known arrests and apprehensions of DACA requestors. The data may include arrests that did not result in convictions or where the charges were dropped or otherwise dismissed.

Among the findings of the release are the following: 

Nearly 110,000 DACA requestors out of nearly 889,000 (12%) had arrest records. Offenses in these arrest records include assault, battery, rape, murder and driving under the influence.
Of approved DACA requestors with an arrest, 85% (67,861) of them were arrested or apprehended before their most recent DACA approval.

Of approved DACA requestors with an arrest, more than 31% (24,898) of them had more than one arrest.

Of all DACA requestors, 218 had more than 10 arrests.

Of those, 54 had a DACA case status of “approved” as of October 2019.

“As DACA continues to be the subject of both public discourse and ongoing litigation, USCIS remains committed to ensuring transparency and that the American people are informed about those receiving DACA,” said USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli. “This agency is obligated to continue accepting DACA requests from illegal aliens as a direct result of the previous administration’s decision to circumvent the laws as passed by Congress. We hope this data provides a better sense of the reality of those granted the privilege of a temporary deferral of removal action and work authorization under DACA.”

Under current DACA guidelines, illegal aliens may be considered for DACA if they have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more “non-significant” misdemeanors not arising out of the same act, omission or scheme of misconduct, and they do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety. The number of arrests illegal aliens have do not necessarily disqualify them from receiving DACA as a matter of discretion.

USCIS Releases Report on Arrest Histories of Illegal Aliens who Request DACA | USCIS

Who's feeing confident about our next generation of Americans now? 62 arrests were for rape. No words necessary, Trump already covered that I believe.

This is the America that Demorats want, not the America of safe streets, public safety, and patriotic unity which your grandparents enjoyed.

People have legitimate concerns over bad apples getting across the border. Most people are in the more nebular middle than holding one of the extremist positions taken by both parties.

Who's feeing confident about our next generation of Americans now? 62 arrests were for rape. No words necessary, Trump already covered that I believe.

This is the America that Demorats want, not the America of safe streets, public safety, and patriotic unity which your grandparents enjoyed.

Good thing one of the main things to actually qualify for DACA is:

DACA Eligibility Requirements for Initial and Renewal - CitizenPath

have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors and do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.

So that we can take out the bad ones and not let them qualify and be on American streets.

One of my grandparents would have been a "dreamer" so don't tell me about what my grandparents enjoyed while implying something sinister about them.

Arrests are not convictions. I have been arrested twice on felony charges, the cases went to court both times and yet I was never convicted. Since I was able to hold a TS+ security clearance despite those felony arrests, I see little use for arrest records.

I disagree with the DCAC/DAPA "law" since it was not passed by congress and includes many entirely arbitrary "qualifications". Why should two people, illegally carried across the US border as infants one day apart, have completely different immigration status despite no change in US immigration law being passed by congress?

Another misleading troll-post from truthatallcost.

As already pointed out by another poster, the fact is that “arrest” doe not mean “conviction”. The figures given are meaningless except for to make them appear worse than they are. For example, the OP states that of the arrests made, 62 were for rape, which would be out of the 889,000 total population in question, an arrest rate of rate per 100K of 7.0%. Whereas using FBI statistics for rapes reported in 2018 for a population of 327.9M, there were a total of 42,504 arrests for an arrest rate of 13.0%.

The following FBI info is from the link given further below:

“According to FBI statistics, out of 127,258 rapes reported to police departments in 2018, 33.4 percent resulted in an arrest. Based on correlating multiple data sources, RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) estimates that for every 1,000 rapes, 384 are reported to police, 57 result in an arrest, 11 are referred for prosecution, 7 result in a felony conviction, and 6 result in incarceration. This compares to a higher rate at every stage for similar crimes.”

Rape in the United States - Wikipedia

A misleading, disingenuous OP. No context.

Good thing one of the main things to actually qualify for DACA is:

DACA Eligibility Requirements for Initial and Renewal - CitizenPath

So that we can take out the bad ones and not let them qualify and be on American streets.

One of my grandparents would have been a "dreamer" so don't tell me about what my grandparents enjoyed while implying something sinister about them.

Your grandparent wasn't here during the era I'm referencing. Mine were. They lived in a southern California town called Visalia, which had no crime, no problem with drugs, and people still left their doors unlocked because they had no reason to fear outsiders. Visalia today is an absolute **** show. Illegal immigrants and Mexican gangs moved in during the late 1990s. The old park downtown that used to have children playing in the grass, and vendors selling hot dogs and ice cream is a tent city comprised of homeless Americans addicted to drugs smuggled in by Mexican illegal aliens.
My great uncle owned a popular restaurant downtown, which he and his wife sold in the early 2000s, due to the changes occurring in Visalia. They sold their house too and left the state.
------------------------

Illegals don't receive welfare, food stamps, and healthcare too, right? I mean, DACA recipients aren't supposed to be allowed in the program if they've been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor but it seems that when it comes to immigration policies, nothing is followed the way it should be. I have little faith in our ability to weed the bad apples out at this point.

Back
Top Bottom