• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USB = satan

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
USB - Satan's Data Connection | Science | guardian.co.uk

Evangelical Christians in Brazil have apparently banned the use of USB connections after claiming the technology is the mark of Satan-worshippers (Hat tip: Fernando Frias). Apparently the revelation came after the evangelists noticed that the USB symbol resembles a trident. Presumably they're not great fans of Britain's ballistic missiles either.
usb_symbol.jpg

I'm sorry the idiocy of evangelism spread down there. Shepard-less sheep...

America's chief export is religious stupidity.

Titilating.

I'm sorry the idiocy of evangelism spread down there. Shepard-less sheep...

Please don't equate the rabid ignorance of some as representative of the group as a whole.

...and what does an American naval aviator and astronaut who became the second person, and the first American, in space have to do with this? :doh:

Last edited:
I knew there was a reason my USB drives kept vanishing - they must have been on satanic missions of destruction somewhere...

Although, there are many instances of select liberals doing vastly stupid things, like blowing children up on an EcoFascist liberal campaign ad by "10:10." But yeah, everything's game here.

Although, there are many instances of select liberals doing vastly stupid things, like blowing children up on an EcoFascist liberal campaign ad by "10:10." But yeah, everything's game here.

Do you have something to add to the topic? Or is it just non-sequitors?

Do you have something to add to the topic? Or is it just non-sequitors?

I'll sum it up so perhaps you'll understand more clearly.

It is true that those who thought the USB cable was demonic are foolish (Believe me, I LOL'd too.)... But using this line of thinking to take one mere instance and apply it to Christians in general is just as dumb. It's a double-edged sword that allows someone like me to then use that same process to state numerous silly instances that liberals/etc have done. Perhaps you understand more clearly, now?

Religion + stupid = hilarious.

edit: although stupid tends to be funny on its own.

I'll sum it up so perhaps you'll understand more clearly.

It is true that those who thought the USB cable was demonic are foolish (Believe me, I LOL'd too.)... But using this line of thinking to take one mere instance and apply it to Christians in general is just as dumb. It's a double-edged sword that allows someone like me to then use that same process to state numerous silly instances that liberals/etc have done. Perhaps you understand more clearly, now?

I get it. You use other people's bad behavior to justify your own identical bad behavior.

I guess I just long for the days when being conservative meant taking personal responsibility instead of saying "He did it first!".

I get it. You use other people's bad behavior to justify your own identical bad behavior.

I guess I just long for the days when being conservative meant taking personal responsibility instead of saying "He did it first!".

I'm proving the silliness of the mentality of this thread. It is you and the others here who take this issue and apply it to all Christians. What I am doing is showing how easily such a silly notion can be taken by those same people and reversed back at yourselves. Then, because I explained this, you then state that I somehow justify bad behavior with my own. That's false because my explanation of such bad behavior is not bad behavior itself. This reveals another failed notion exclusive to you: You make it seem as though anyone stating the foolishness of certain notions are somehow "justifying it with their own bad behavior."

Must this be an issue? I don't mind talking more of this with you, but still, can we not just laugh at the scenario at hand and not apply it to a whole group? It's as silly as saying Mr. Ed, a democrat, decided to make out with the bear next door. Yeah, LOL, all democrats must like doing that. *HEE HAW*

Consider it, please.

I'm proving the silliness of the mentality of this thread. It is you and the others here who take this issue and apply it to all Christians. What I am doing is showing how easily such a silly notion can be taken by those same people and reversed back at yourselves. Then, because I explained this, you then state that I somehow justify bad behavior with my own. That's false because my explanation of such bad behavior is not bad behavior itself. This reveals another failed notion exclusive to you: You make it seem as though anyone stating the foolishness of certain notions are somehow "justifying it with their own bad behavior."

Must this be an issue? I don't mind talking more of this with you, but still, can we not just laugh at the scenario at hand and not apply it to a whole group? It's as silly as saying Mr. Ed, a democrat, decided to make out with the bear next door. Yeah, LOL, all democrats must like doing that. *HEE HAW*

Consider it, please.

What you are doing, though is making an assumption that was never stated. That's why the point you are trying to make in this thread is a non-sequitur. No one attributed what occurred in the OP to ALL CHRISTIANS, as you keep claiming.

Not in the OP, but in the posts following. That is my point.

just a few tidbits.

On most computer systems, you have programs called daemons which run in the background, it includes all those little icons you see next to your clock on windows.

In linux, you can set a file to 666 to give it settings on who can do what with a program.

also if they give up usb, they should not use "fire"wire

computer systems are indeed evil :shock:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom