• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USA Today Names a Man One of Its ‘Women of the Year'

I think it's more controversial than you think. There are those among us who believe gender classification ought to be based on scientific fact and not faith.
And those people would be highly topically uneducated
facts and medical science don't care about your beliefs/wants

there are people that believe and want gays to not exist or that women and minorities are mentally inferior etc etc
those people and their beliefs/wants dont matter to facts and medical science either

Nothing speaks more to the diseased minds, the anti-science, the degenerate lack of morals and ethics of the Liberal mind than this story
Well, you are serving that purpose for Republicans.

Well, you are serving that purpose for Republicans.
Somehow I get the feeling he doesn't like Republicans very much. And for all the wrong reasons.

Somehow I get the feeling he doesn't like Republicans very much. And for all the wrong reasons.
I guess there could be wrong reasons not to like Republicans, but it's hard to find them.

I guess there could be wrong reasons not to like Republicans, but it's hard to find them.
You know how Republicans don't like Democrats, but if you go far enough to the left (like myself) the left doesn't like Democrats either but for totally different reasons? It's a little bit like that.

The science crowd speaks:

USA Today Names a Man One of Its ‘Women of the Year'

To be fair, why did we have a woman of the year in the first place? Dont most women want to be treated the same as men? If so, then why treat them as different with their own awards? They are just individuals with different experiences. Really, we should just get rid of the ideas of man and woman. Some people are short, some tall, some have penis, some dont, some have X, some have XY.

Or should we have Person Born With Penis of the Year? Tall person of the year? Person with XY of the year?

Does #METOO movement even exist anymore?
How many feminist activists have spoken up?
They will come out of the woodwork if it were a republican.

The WNBA needs a transgender. Someone who can dunk. It would make the games more interesting.

Do you disagree with any of their other choices?

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.29.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 8.29.45 AM.png

🤣

An overweight delusional man dressing like a woman that serves as the rat party "Secretary of Health".

Dood...if that doesnt totally exemplify the sickness of the left, nothing does.

🤣

An overweight delusional man dressing like a woman that serves as the rat party "Secretary of Health".

Dood...if that doesnt totally exemplify the sickness of the left, nothing does.

Where did you get your doctorate in psychiatry?

Attachments

• 72737DCD-D8F4-4BEF-A91D-197CA15292D4.png
    72737DCD-D8F4-4BEF-A91D-197CA15292D4.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 1
  • E2DA3FE8-1E70-4C39-9CD7-29D7F43EC744.png
    E2DA3FE8-1E70-4C39-9CD7-29D7F43EC744.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 1
To be fair, why did we have a woman of the year in the first place?
Idk man, because enough people care I guess to pick someone every year and make a little fanfare about it?

Really, we should just get rid of the ideas of man and woman.
Sounds good to me (y)

Or should we have Person Born With Penis of the Year? Tall person of the year? Person with XY of the year?
I mean, we have hundreds of "persons of the year" for various things, including the totally arbitrary Time person of the year. I just...really can't bring myself to care. If you don't even think we should have woman of the year quite frankly why do you care either?

Idk man, because enough people care I guess to pick someone every year and make a little fanfare about it?

Sounds good to me (y)

I mean, we have hundreds of "persons of the year" for various things, including the totally arbitrary Time person of the year. I just...really can't bring myself to care. If you don't even think we should have woman of the year quite frankly why do you care either?

I dont care about awards, but its an interesting thought experiment. What is man or woman? If a person with XX chromosome is a woman, why does it make them different from a man in terms of being special, but not different in terms of sports, pay, culture, etc?

The right are firm believers in choice, freedom and rights......as long as they agree with them.

There is not a wide range of genders. There are two genders and a wide range of mental disorders.

Why do you think assertions are “faith based”? Most mental illness diagnoses are based on assertions. Is the entire science of psychiatry “faith based”?

Where did you get your doctorate in psychiatry that qualifies you to make these declarations?
No, you're confused and conflating a mental health issue and reality.

I'm not saying gender dysphoria isn't real. Like delusion disorder, it's very real. But just because someone suffering from delusion disorder claims "I am Joan of Arc" doesn't mean that person is Joan of Arc. Similarly, a biological man who claims "I am actually a woman" doesn't mean he is actually a woman.

Science and truth do not need legal definitions. You are engaging in the same thing as slave owners did, using law and legalisms to deny reality, saying blacks were not people. Well done, typical KKK democrat.
Um, you are entirely confused. I'm a conservative who argues against trans ideology in favor of a biological definition of gender. So you might want to cool your jets.

What does the #METOO movement have to do with her being chosen as a woman of the year?
Maybe because a man with a penis is not a woman.

So does pain and happiness. And yet those are things we understand exist and concepts we use in a scientific manner.
See post #70. You're making the same mistake by confusing a mental health condition (which gender dysphoria certainly is) and whether the mental health issue can alter reality (with regard to biological gender, it certainly cannot).

Back
Top Bottom