• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US weighs lifting trade tariffs against China

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The U.S. reportedly is considering lifting tariffs on Chinese imports to give Beijing a reason to make deeper concessions in ongoing trade talks between the two countries.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin proposed lifting all or some of the tariffs, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people close to the matter. The goal is to push forward trade talks and get China's support for longer-term reform.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/us-weighs-lifting-trade-tariffs-against-china-dj-citing-sources.html

Movement in China appears ongoing. Any damage from the shutdown has been done. This deal would be epic for the global economy.

You have faith in the people negotiating on our side?

:lamo

Trump has publically stated he likes negotiating with the Chinese more than he does the Democrats. The Asian Continent is his strength.

Trump has publically stated he likes negotiating with the Chinese more than he does the Democrats. The Asian Continent is his strength.

You think Trump is personally involved with the negotiations?

And why is the Asian continent his strength, because he used to have a tie factory there?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/us-weighs-lifting-trade-tariffs-against-china-dj-citing-sources.html

Movement in China appears ongoing. Any damage from the shutdown has been done. This deal would be epic for the global economy.

The headlines are obvious. "US wins tariff war., No longer needed." Sorta like ISIS and Syria. Except for the no longer needed is never been wanted. I don't think it is movement in China,,More like a bowel movement in the Oval Orifice.
/

And NK is nuke free and ISIS is gone.

Don't listen to these conmen. You'll get played.

And why is the Asian continent his strength, because he used to have a tie factory there?

His strongest ally is Winnie the Pooh, and he has strong relations with S/N Korea, and Japan.

The headlines are obvious. "US wins tariff war., No longer needed." Sorta like ISIS and Syria. Except for the no longer needed is never been wanted. I don't think it is movement in China,,More like a bowel movement in the Oval Orifice.
/

jesus christ, how do you people get through life believing in this fictitious world?

The tariffs have hurt this country. Raised prices on American products, and China has moved on from US soybeans and now get it from Brazil. I bet that never comes back, even if tariffs are lifted.

jesus christ, how do you people get through life believing in this fictitious world?

The tariffs have hurt this country. Raised prices on American products, and China has moved on from US soybeans and now get it from Brazil. I bet that never comes back, even if tariffs are lifted.

A good deal will be worth any short-term damage done from the tariffs.

If he was we could guarntee failure.....

I think you read him wrong, he wasn't praising the administration. Dave is like that, part wing nut, part a lot of good sense, gotta read what he posted and read carefully sometimes.

Trump will just say, "We won so we don't need them anymore" just like he did with ISIS. His base doesn't know how trade works so they'll just believe him. It's amazing the mess he can make and claim to be a success and actually get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom