• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US warship challenges Russia claims in Sea of Japan

Tell me and everyone else all about it Tangmo.

How many deck plates have you walked on?

I posted a reply to your post not a declaration to everyone else.

I challenged your attempt to denigrate the professionalism of USN personnel. That every service has some slackers to include careerist 20 year slackers does not define any of the armed services. My experience a considerable time ago during conscription was Army and I knew zero slackers.

I was a volunteer and until the Vietnam War conscripts were on the whole mature young men who were reliable soldiers, steady, stable, efficient. Their attitude was a healthy one, i.e., they knew there was a draft and that they were subject to it under law. When drafted they went in with the posture they would do their service honorably as their obligation to the country and to their fellow soldiers. Most career nco to include in the combat arms thought well of the conscript soldier for his maturity in contrast to the gung ho volunteer enlisted stud who turned sour after he found out he wasn't going to be Auddie Murphy, Sgt. York or, in somewhat contemporary terms, Rambo.

AVF is a continuing warfighting force of numerous deployments. Anybody who's signed up since 9/11 knows the score. One result is that their horizons are broad and their perspective is different from that of a slacker.

Just like most of the rest of the elites......most tragically at the university.

I have losing the wrong people during the Clinton Draw Down as the inflection point....that is where we went wrong, that is the most major why our officer corps is weak now...That combined with the Zero defect BS the Pentagon was doing at the time which informed the best that the military was not the place to be......do you agree?

I would love to agree brother but I am having some difficulty understanding whatever the **** that was you just wrote. Let me grab another pair of glasses and try again.

I would love to agree brother but I am having some difficulty understanding whatever the **** that was you just wrote. Let me grab another pair of glasses and try again.

If you are seriously wanting to know the path is clear.....start asking questions.....I cant help you till I understand where you are, you need to illuminate that.

The USA is such a hypocritical nation... imagine Russia naval vessels sailing into the Gulf of Alaska or the Gulf of Mexico.

We don’t claim the entire Gulf of Mexico

If you are seriously wanting to know the path is clear.....start asking questions.....I cant help you till I understand where you are, you need to illuminate that.

No worries mate. I'll be fine.

But thanks for the offer.

I would not be speaking if I was not at least relatively sure that I knew something.
I just figure you see yourself as an armchair admiral.

Back
Top Bottom