• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US unemployment claims dip below 1m for first time in 20 weeks

Imagine ignoring that Trump did nothing memorable for 50 days after China told the world about the virus, and being "relatively" happy that less than a million people are out of work THIS month.

Republicans really are the party of death.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Imagine ignoring that Trump did nothing memorable for 50 days after China told the world about the virus, and being "relatively" happy that less than a million people are out of work THIS month.

They also speak as though the current labor market recovery occurred under laissez faire conditions, all the while failing to acknowledge why the economy, asset markets, etc... have responded in this way.

They also speak as though the current labor market recovery occurred under laissez faire conditions, all the while failing to acknowledge why the economy, asset markets, etc... have responded in this way.

The paper house burned down because the fire was too hot and Democrats didn't put out the fire; not because building houses out of paper is a terrible idea.

That is the lesson Republicans learn after every recession where their inept policies are highlighted.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Are you also going to cheer the Keynesian policies of automatic stabilizers and deficit spending? Seriously doubt it....

I think you lost your way a bit here.

I think you lost your way a bit here.

I know you purposefully dodged the question. Don't worry, it might as well have been rhetorical.

------------------------

Fiction.

I know you purposefully dodged the question. Don't worry, it might as well have been rhetorical.

It was off topic, and demonstrates a lack of understanding on your part. Plus - obvious baiting. Take it to someone else.

It was off topic, and demonstrates a lack of understanding on your part. Plus - obvious baiting. Take it to someone else.

Nonsense.

You're celebrating less than 1 million weekly continuing claims (after many people have been cut off) while ignoring what has ensured a labor market recovery. It's certainly not off topic to discuss how we got here... but you're not really here to have a discussion... it's all about cheerleading on a topic you know very little about.

Nonsense.

You're celebrating less than 1 million weekly continuing claims (after many people have been cut off) while ignoring what has ensured a labor market recovery. It's certainly not off topic to discuss how we got here... but you're not really here to have a discussion... it's all about cheerleading on a topic you know very little about.

lol. It's obvious that you are here to troll and bait. I'll be happy to have a discussion when you are. Bye.

lol. It's obvious that you are here to troll and bait. I'll be happy to have a discussion when you are. Bye.

Your concession is noted.

If that's all you can afford, I think I'll be okay.

------------------------

To me this means people are done in a sense laying people off. This was for new claims not old claims. So until that number comes down alot you still have millions suffering.

Back
Top Bottom