• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US to require foreign travelers to be vaccinated when restrictions lift

Perhaps his stance on immigration was the straw that broke the camel's back. There's a lot of money to be had from illegal immigration. He threatened the status quo even among Republicans that benefit from illegal immigrants working for them.
Trump never did anything to improve immigration. He only stopped legal immigration. He did nothing to improve the immigration system which needs complete overhaul.

You people have been swearing the southern border would destroy our nation for like 40 years now. When's doomsday coming? I got stuff to do.
Take a look around. Is the US the same country that it was 40 years ago? Has it improved?

I might have more respect for the democrats if they actually took the opportunity to enact immigration reform when they had the best chance.
They never had a chance. two parties have to agree to work on it, not just one. Tell McConnell.

Trump never did anything to improve immigration. He only stopped legal immigration. He did nothing to improve the immigration system which needs complete overhaul.
Trump was fought on his immigration policies from both fronts. Obama had the advantage.

No one is prevented from wearing a mask, I believe you worded your statement badly.
The issue isn't whether individuals can choose on their own to wear masks. The issue is whether businesses and school districts can require it.
The previous conservative view is that business are free to make whatever rules they want regarding their business. If they don't want to bake a cake for a gay marriage, that's their business. Then came Covid and all of a sudden states run by conservatives believe it's their right to tell businesses that they have no right to deny patrons who are unmasked.

Hypocrisy? As Sarah Palin would say, "you betcha."

Trump was fought on his immigration policies from both fronts. Obama had the advantage.
In what way did Trump try to do immigration reform other than stopping all immigration And build a wall? No immigration is not what we need.

There are such things as US embassies in the countries they come from.

This is part of the problem. Ignorance of US asylum law.. The ONLY place you can apply for asylum is the US border. There are NO provisions for apply for asylum at US embassies.. NONE...NADA... ZIP

Perhaps his stance on immigration was the straw that broke the camel's back. There's a lot of money to be had from illegal immigration. He threatened the status quo even among Republicans that benefit from illegal immigrants working for them.

It's a fact that a cheap labor pool from the influx of illegal immigration helps the economy stay strong. Without it, businesses would suffer.

None of their modes of dismissal and childish comments do a thing to change the reality/facts of the situation and the numbers of illegals crossing. The left plays with their different empty and farcical narratives, but none of them are supported by any numbers or facts. The border problem is stunningly bad and getting worse every day.
IT WAS ALL INTENTIONAL, it's full of cartels/crime/deadly drugs, it's inhumane, it's a huge health issue, its monetary cost (now and future) is enormous, and its safety/security risks to Americans are enormous. It's unconscionable!
You seem to have left out some "numbers or facts."

The issue isn't whether individuals can choose on their own to wear masks. The issue is whether businesses and school districts can require it.
The previous conservative view is that business are free to make whatever rules they want regarding their business. If they don't want to bake a cake for a gay marriage, that's their business. Then came Covid and all of a sudden states run by conservatives believe it's their right to tell businesses that they have no right to deny patrons who are unmasked.

Hypocrisy? As Sarah Palin would say, "you betcha."
Again, no one is prevented from wearing a mask, I acknowledged that you likely worded it badly and yet you didn't say you did. Weird, but whatever.

This is part of the problem. Ignorance of US asylum law.. The ONLY place you can apply for asylum is the US border. There are NO provisions for apply for asylum at US embassies.. NONE...NADA... ZIP
However, this does not mean that embassy personnel cannot offer any help at all to people who are in danger and seek their protection. In extreme or exceptional circumstances, U.S. embassies and consulates can offer alternative forms of protection, including (in most countries) temporary refuge, a referral to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, or a request for parole to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Not directly.

So you acknowledge that there are NO provisions to apply for asylum at an embassy?

They can apply for asylum at a deportation hearing when they are already in the country.

But how would AG and construction industries get cheap illegal labor?

Do you think dems and repub politicians are going to stop the gravy train?

I don't think you are seeing the big picture.
I see the big picture well enough, and I know this tolerance of illegals will not end any time soon, but that doesn't make it right.

They can apply for asylum at a deportation hearing when they are already in the country.

They can also apply ANYWHERE on the border... ANYWHERE...

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

Why not mandate that everybody be vaccinated?
Because there are more than a few that question the government's assessment of the problem and any potential cure.

I see the big picture well enough, and I know this tolerance of illegals will not end any time soon, but that doesn't make it right.
I agree but a large part of the problem is voters are pointing fingers at the other party when both parties are at fault.

It is nothing but a political football.

Because there are more than a few that question the government's assessment of the problem and any potential cure.
Do you think their suspicion is valid? And if so, why would you then apply a vaccine mandate that you accept as possibly ineffective to immigrants?

They can also apply ANYWHERE on the border... ANYWHERE...

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

Yeah, I know. I was countering. The border is not the only place they can apply for asylum as you claimed. ...>>>"The ONLY place you can apply for asylum is the US border."

Immigration reform has been a subject long before Obama. Perhaps the one time it actually could have been done was during his Administration
You are right but not for the reasons you think. The GOP took over the House in Obama's first midterm election. At that time the Senate passed a bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform Bill championed by Rubio and sent it to the House. Paul Ryan refused to bring it to the floor because the Tea Party element would not support it and he would have had to count on Democratic votes to pass it. Ryan was a believer in long standing principle that nothing should pass out of the House that didn't have enough Republican votes to pass, he refused to bring legislation forward which required Democratic support to pass. He claimed the House had their own version to send to the Senate but that never happened. Ryan controlled the House until the midterms under Trump and in all that time, 8 years, he refused to bring any immigration reform bill forward.

Back
Top Bottom