• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Supplies Israel With Bunker-Busting Bombs

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This might well be the beginning of a war I never wanted to see where the Middle East Countries have to choose sides or be washed away in the hale of bombs that could be brought down upon them in very short order.

The only thing is, will Obama stick by Israel when the chips are down?

I hope he shocks me and will do what we need to.

US Supplies Israel With Bunker-Busting Bombs

A confirmed military hardware sale from the United States to Israel will not only strenghten the Jewish state's security, it is expected to bolster President Obama's odds of luring more American Jewish voters in 2012.

As reported in The New York Times, the el-Defense Security Cooperation Agency confirms the United States government has sold to Israel bombs which have the ability to incinerate buried targets, including suspected sites in Iran which are believed to be part of Tehran's nuclear weapons program.

bunkerbuster.jpg.aspx
The agency said in a statement, "This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country."

This might well be the beginning of a war I never wanted to see where the Middle East Countries have to choose sides or be washed away in the hale of bombs that could be brought down upon them in very short order.

All this "Obama doesn't support Israel" **** is complete and utter bull****. You people running your mouths about it, you KNOW it's bull****. I mean here we are SELLING BOMBS TO THEM, the good ones. And you're still saying "Well I wonder if Obama will support Israel hyuck". The whole Palestine thing in the UN, the US is going to stand by Israel. Obama is not going to critique Israel, alter our relations with them, stop giving them preferential treatment, etc. We're selling them weapons, we're voting against Palestine; you people need to quit being dumb.

Interesting how you can post an article about the US selling Israel bunker busters and question Obama's commitment to Israel in the same post.

There is a real chance that outright war will erupt, but I do not think Obama will abandon Israel if it came to that. We supply them with aid, weapons, support, and basically Israel has become very skillful and ensuring our position on their concerns at the UN level. Obama has not said too much to suggest otherwise other than just not say exactly what Israel would like to hear. However, no real evidence to suggest that US position on the protection of Israel will change anytime soon.

As much as I want our asses out of the Middle East and damn near everywhere else, as much as I want to end the shameful pimping of the U.S. to Israel, to use whatever, however it wants, the facts prove otherwise. We are going to continue to **** with people all over the globe. We are going to **** with their governments, overthrown their governments, assassinate their leaders, slaughter their peoples, rob their resources and occupy their lands. We will continue to give Israel the power and support to do whatever they please in the Middle East. That's not going to change.

Last edited:
As others have said, it's quote clear that Obama supports Israel...

...unfortunately. :coffeepap

As much as I want our asses out of the Middle East and damn near everywhere else, as much as I want end the shameful pimping of the U.S. to Israel to use however it wants the facts prove otherwise. We are going to continue to **** with people all over the globe. We are going to **** with their governments, overthrown their governments, assassinate their leaders, slaughter their peoples, rob their resources and occupy their lands. We will continue to give Israel the power and support to do whatever they please in the Middle East. That's not going to change.
Not unless the people who want the government to stop interfering get more money, influence and seriousness. :shrug:

As others have said, it's quote clear that Obama supports Israel...

Did the article say how much we sold those bombs for? I'm sure we gave them a great deal. Drop more bombs on apartment complexes and claim it's to get the one terrorist hiding in 40 civilians and that the civilians are acceptable casualties because it's not terrorism if you drop the bomb from a plane.

Obama has been insulting then praising, making wild statements like Israel needs to go back to pre-1967 borders, then this.

The guy is all over the board and he seems to operate based on his finger in the wind, not on logic and sure as hell not on his knowledge base, which might be good for haaving a beer in the Garden, or going on vacation, but ain't diddly when it comes to Foreign Policy.

As much as I want our asses out of the Middle East and damn near everywhere else, as much as I want to end the shameful pimping of the U.S. to Israel, to use whatever, however it wants, the facts prove otherwise. We are going to continue to **** with people all over the globe. We are going to **** with their governments, overthrown their governments, assassinate their leaders, slaughter their peoples, rob their resources and occupy their lands. We will continue to give Israel the power and support to do whatever they please in the Middle East. That's not going to change.

Ever considered emigration? If I hated my country as much as you apparently hate yours, I'd leave. I'm sure there are a number of wonderful countries - Cuba, Venezuela, Iran are three that come to mind - that would welcome you and your world view.

Obama has been insulting then praising, making wild statements like Israel needs to go back to pre-1967 borders, then this.

The guy is all over the board and he seems to operate based on his finger in the wind, not on logic and sure as hell not on his knowledge base, which might be good for haaving a beer in the Garden, or going on vacation, but ain't diddly when it comes to Foreign Policy.

Obama is the status quo, and the status quo is complete and blind support for Israel. He may say this or that (and really, that's anti-Israel? Saying that they should go back to boarders and perhaps maybe not completely expand into Pakistan and **** over it's people so hardcore? Jesus) but he's going to sell these weapons, he will have our Statesmen vote against UN recognition of Palestine, etc. He's not going to break our blind support of Israel.

Ever considered emigration? If I hated my country as much as you apparently hate yours, I'd leave. I'm sure there are a number of wonderful countries - Cuba, Venezuela, Iran are three that come to mind - that would welcome you and your world view.
Right, criticism of one's country/government is "hatred". Please.

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is now located in the Middle East forum and Martial Law is applicable.

That's clearly and absolutely not what he said. Please educate yourself on the issue before you comment.

Last edited:
I think we gave them a bunch of free f-16s before this and maybe other stuff that never got reported.

Sooo.....are we giving them enough motive or what to attack us again?

This is somewhat worrying as it makes me wonder what the US is planning. Currently, there are no bunkers in Palestine, yet both Israel and the US have stated that they will bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and have even gone so far as to make plans (Revealed: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran - Times Online) (BBC NEWS | Middle East | US 'Iran attack plans' revealed). Thus, a reason that the US could sell these weapons is for Israel to prepare to bomb Iran.

Currently there is much unrest in Syria and the US is involved in co-opting the protest movement there (WikiLeaks Cables Show US Strategy for Regime Change in Syria as Protesters are Massacred | The Dissenter) (Wikileaks reveals U.S. funding anti-government Syrian groups - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News), with the US going so far as to plan for a Syria without Al-Assad (U.S. plans for Syria without Assad | Ya Libnan | World News Live from Lebanon). This could provide cover for the US or NATO to launch a "humanitarian intervention of Syria and from there... Well, let's just say its been said that the road to Damascus leads to Iran.

This is somewhat worrying as it makes me wonder what the US is planning. Currently, there are no bunkers in Palestine, yet both Israel and the US have stated that they will bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and have even gone so far as to make plans (Revealed: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran - Times Online) (BBC NEWS | Middle East | US 'Iran attack plans' revealed). Thus, a reason that the US could sell these weapons is for Israel to prepare to bomb Iran.

Currently there is much unrest in Syria and the US is involved in co-opting the protest movement there (WikiLeaks Cables Show US Strategy for Regime Change in Syria as Protesters are Massacred | The Dissenter) (Wikileaks reveals U.S. funding anti-government Syrian groups - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News), with the US going so far as to plan for a Syria without Al-Assad (U.S. plans for Syria without Assad | Ya Libnan | World News Live from Lebanon). This could provide cover for the US or NATO to launch a "humanitarian intervention of Syria and from there... Well, let's just say its been said that the road to Damascus leads to Iran.

Russia is supplying Syria with P-800 missiles, and lets not forget the biggest arms deal ever (60 Billion) last year between the US and the Saudis. Israel no doubt wants to cover all their bases when it comes to available technology.

As to what the US might be planning, who knows. We will be the last to know.

Oh please, it is not anti-american to criticize the government. If you think that is true, perhaps you should move to Cuba, Venezuela, or Iran.

The important question is: Why would Israel "want" bunker-busting bombs? They're only really useful, and cost-effective, against...bunkers. If a country or people are truly peaceful, they won't have bunkers. Total pacifists don't think like that. So if Israel wants bunker-busting bombs they aren't planning to use them on peaceful protesters, they're planning to use them on someone military-minded enough to build a bunker, and put something in there that Israel believes is a threat to their security.

Weapons-grade plutonium, anyone?

The important question is: Why would Israel "want" bunker-busting bombs? They're only really useful, and cost-effective, against...bunkers. If a country or people are truly peaceful, they won't have bunkers. Total pacifists don't think like that. So if Israel wants bunker-busting bombs they aren't planning to use them on peaceful protesters, they're planning to use them on someone military-minded enough to build a bunker, and put something in there that Israel believes is a threat to their security.

Weapons-grade plutonium, anyone?

That is not necessarily true, there is plenty of application in using bunker-busting bombs to target buildings with below ground levels. Thus not a military bunker target as such, just a target with multiple layers of concrete and metal structure needing a certain type designed bomb that can pass through multiple layers of structure before detonation. When looking at the targets Israel would have if outright war were to break out, it is beyond obvious these types of weapons would be deployed to strike at Palestinian structures with below ground strongholds not defined as a bunker.

That is not necessarily true, there is plenty of application in using bunker-busting bombs to target buildings with below ground levels. Thus not a military bunker target as such, just a target with multiple layers of concrete and metal structure needing a certain type designed bomb that can pass through multiple layers of structure before detonation. When looking at the targets Israel would have if outright war were to break out, it is beyond obvious these types of weapons would be deployed to strike at Palestinian structures with below ground strongholds not defined as a bunker.

Sorry brother. A standard "civilian" underground structure is not remotely the same as a bunker. Underground parking, for instance, can be easily destroyed by a JDAM or a garden-variety LGB (Laser guided Bomb), both of which Israel already has access to. Bunkers are "armored" structures that required extremely specialized weapons to defeat. It's not easy. Bunker-busters can only do this provided the correct attack profile, requiring specialized training, is applied. You wouldn't waste the expense when normal weapons and normal attack profiles can do the job.

Even SDBs (Small Diameter Bomb) can easily defeat common underground structures.
North Korean Tunnels Turned Into Tombs

Back
Top Bottom