• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US shaken by sudden surge of violence against gay people

Most trasparently misleading headline ever? God I loathe the media.

The article is mostly about blaming republican campaign rhetoric for a claimed increase in violence. The first two incidents described were perpetrated by gang activity. The third was a dorm-room prank with tragic consequences. It's a complete stretch to associate any with Pallatino's expressed antipathy of gay pride parades, or DeMint's comments regarding gays in teaching, but doesn't stop the authors from claiming that "such sentiments do not just encourage violent attacks; they can also spur people to suicide."

Here are the details on the first attack mentioned:

This has nothing to do with "republican sentiments" and everything to do with a Latino gang finding out that one of their recruits was having gay sex.

It would be interesting to know whether the accused, David Rivera, was intending to vote Democrat or Republican.

Chances are he has "Democrat sentiments".

I live in a community that had a very strong gay community. They've all been wiped out.:shock:

Which makes grocery shopping much easier I hate to say.

There seem to be no more attacks on homosexuals today than there were in the 50s based on the number of homosexuals in the population.

Today when a homosexual is involved in any kind of confrontation it is automatically because of being homosexual.

Never is it because some person was being an obnoxious idiot that pushed someone into kicking some butt.

I'm not saying that's the reason for all fights attacks or what ever, but you never hear this and it must happen from time to time.

The news media loves reports like this because it is true in the news business if it bleeds it leads and right now any issue or story that can be used as a weapon against any Republican, or Conservative is every bit as good to the Obamamedia as a video of a blood soaked side street in some ghetto in Detroit.

Carl Paladino, is and idiot and seems to not have a brain in his head or he would not make statements that can be used as a bat to bash his tiny little brain in with.

Even if he truly believes what he says it's no way to win any votes from Liberals and the reason is obvious but also from Conservatives because it does bring into question his intelligence. If he were tome in a predominantly Conservative State it might look so stupid.

He is a for real dumb ass

Not every thing is about conservatism versus liberalism.

Purely concocted story.

Does anyone crave more attention than the gay community?

I live in a community that had a very strong gay community. They've all been wiped out.:shock:

Which makes grocery shopping much easier I hate to say.

But the gay districts always had the best dessert places though.

Purely concocted story.

Does anyone crave more attention than the gay community?
I can think of at least one person ... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom