• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US says Chinese warship seized Navy underwater drone

Yeah, "free trade" means "free American drone" while sending the U.S. the message that it's not welcome in the South China Sea even though this incident occurred only fifty miles from Subic Bay.

They are returning it.

Or, at least, they were.....unless they change their mind after Trump threw another *****-fit.

The Chinese will return it......after they've taken it apart and documented everything there is to know in how it works.

****ing thieves. That's how they come up with a good chunk of their military equipment: Stealing tech info from others.

And the Chinese will get away with it because Obama gets no respect from our friends or enemies

Welp, now Trump gets to see what happens when a foreign power snaps back at him for one of his actions.

And the Chinese will get away with it because Obama gets no respect from our friends or enemies

Well I guess that makes Bush a spineless ***** then since he didn't do anything when the Chinese stripped our EP3 before giving it back. I love partisan Hackery like you've displayed, it proves how idiotic your posts really are con.

Welp, now Trump gets to see what happens when a foreign power snaps back at him for one of his actions.

Awww. Poor China got butthurt cuz Trump had a chat with Taiwan? Then i guess that would make this illegal action by the Chinese a temper tantrum.

What they did could be considered an act of aggression.
Well guess what, China? Those Trump trade tariffs against you just went up another 10%. The days of walking all over the US ends Jan. 20th.

Awww. Poor China got butthurt cuz Trump had a chat with Taiwan? Then i guess that would make this illegal action by the Chinese a temper tantrum.

Well guess what, China? Those Trump trade tariffs against you just went up another 10%. The days of walking all over the US ends Jan. 20th.

President Trump is going to put an import ban on dildos. That's going to bring the Chinese to their knees.

How about that time when Obama drew a red line in Syria and the Russians put a line of warships in The Med? Remember that?

President Trump is going to put an import ban on dildos. That's going to bring the Chinese to their knees.
i...see what you did there?

They took a drone and are returning it. I would call it a remarkably controlled temper tantrum. Just their way, I guess, of reminding Trump that reacting is a thing they can do. I could almost forgive Trump for overturning nearly forty years of slow diplomatic building of ties with China if I thought he did it on purpose, but the thing is I don't believe he did. I think what he did was an accident and tried to save face afterwards.

Well one thing is for certain: we are due to live in interesting times.

See what I did there?

How about that time when Obama drew a red line in Syria and the Russians put a line of warships in The Med? Remember that?

How about that time you wrote a baffling non-sequitur in response to my post. 'Member that?

They took a drone and are returning it. I would call it a remarkably controlled temper tantrum. Just their way, I guess, of reminding Trump that reacting is a thing they can do. I could almost forgive Trump for overturning nearly forty years of slow diplomatic building of ties with China if I thought he did it on purpose, but the thing is I don't believe he did. I think what he did was an accident and tried to save face afterwards.

Well one thing is for certain: we are due to live in interesting times.

See what I did there?

This respect for the 40 year love fest with china seems pretty one-sided

We have to worry about their feelings but they can do any damn thing they please

Last edited:
This respect for the 40 year love fest with china seems pretty one-sided

We have to worry about their feelings but they can do any damn thing they pkease

And Trump is free to feel that way as well, I guess. And again it would be one thing if I thought it were some clever plan of his to push their buttons to a devilishly brilliant end.

But I really, sincerely doubt that. I think the President of Taiwan got his phone number, and Trump was so pleased with himself he immediately plastered it on Twitter to say, "See? I'm a big world leader!"

And stealing the drone was China's way of saying, "Yes, you ARE a big boy now! Now get the **** off twitter and start learning how your relations with the rest of the world work."

Last edited:
J
And Trump is free to feel that way as well, I guess. And again it would be one thing if I thought it were some clever plan of his to push their buttons to a devilishly brilliant end.

But I really, sincerely doubt that. I think the President of Taiwan got his phone number, and Trump was so pleased with himself he immediately plastered it on Twitter to say, "See? I'm a big world leader!"

And stealing the drone was China's way of saying, "Yes, you ARE a big boy now! Now get the **** off twitter and start learning how your relations with the rest of the world work."

You have it all figured out huh?

Trump doesent but you do

Were the chinese merely miffed at trump when they buzz US recon planes or our ships in the south china sea?

These incidents happened before trump was elected president and dared to speak to the presidentbof taiwan

https://navaltoday.com/2016/05/19/chinese-fighter-jets-buzz-us-navy-reconnaissance-plane/

China is an aggressive expansionist power who wants to push America out of asia and wants us to finanace our own humilation through the $500 bil annual trade balance they have with us

trump plans to level that bad deal with china and that is bound to piss them off even more

But thats just how the fortune cookie crumbles

J

You have it all figured out huh?

Trump doesent but you do

Were the chinese merely miffed at trump when they buzz US recon planes or our ships in the south china sea?

These incidents happened before trump was elected president and dared to speak to the presidentbof taiwan

https://navaltoday.com/2016/05/19/chinese-fighter-jets-buzz-us-navy-reconnaissance-plane/

China is an aggressive expansionist power who wants to push America out of asia and wants us to finanace our own humilation through the $500 bil annual trade balance they have with us

trump plans to level that bad deal with china and that is bound to piss them off even more

But thats just how the fortune cookie crumbles

My "We're due to live in interesting times" comment was cleverer.

If you say so

Or should I say if the chinese guy who said it first says so?

No, you're just imagining yourself to be cleverer.

The fact is that China is the rising power - the rising threat. Russia is the declining power - the declining threat.

As usual, you Lefties have your eyes on the wrong things.

What is the U.S doing in the south China sea? Does anyone bother to ask such a trivial question anymore? Besides, if Trump's America is going to talk tough and posture, it must prime itself to handle many more perilous incidents to come. Pro-tip: formal diplomatic complaints don't count.

What is the U.S doing in the south China sea? Does anyone bother to ask such a trivial question anymore? Besides, if Trump's America is going to talk tough and posture, it must prime itself to handle many more perilous incidents to come. Pro-tip: formal diplomatic complaints don't count.

The US tends to be in a lot of areas in the world, it makes it easier to deliver humanitarian aid after disasters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unified_Assistance

Some people already know the answers to trivial questions, so they don't ask them and move on to meatier subjects.

The south china seas are international waters that china wants to annex and claim exclusive dominion over

We should not and cannot allow that

“China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters - rips it out of water and takes it to China in unpresidented act,” the president-elect tweeted Saturday morning.

Maybe that's not really a misspelling. Maybe he really means "unpresidented", as in not authorized by the president. It wouldn't be the first time Trump coined a new word. He does it hugely.

Back
Top Bottom