• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US says Chinese warship seized Navy underwater drone

Taking piece of equipment that belongs to the US Navy....It's an act of war.

You'd declare war over a silly little water drone that they're giving back?

You'd declare war over a silly little water drone that they're giving back?

No

But if it happens after trump takes office there needs to be a tit for tat to remind the Chinese that the surrender monkey has left office

No

But if it happens after trump takes office there needs to be a tit for tat to remind the Chinese that the surrender monkey has left office

Tit for tat? Like what? Steal a Chinese drone too, then give it back?

They should explode horribly, when someone tampers with them.
I think youve watched too many James Bond movies.

Tit for tat? Like what? Steal a Chinese drone too, then give it back?

I'll leave that up to trump and the new sec of defense

But I bet they can think of something

Obama has proven to be a wimp who can be pushed around by international bully's

And they will do the same to trump if he lets them get away with it

I'll leave that up to trump and the new sec of defense

But I bet they can think of something

Obama has proven to be a wimp who can be pushed around by international bully's

And they will do the same to trump if he lets them get away with it

Riight. I bet Trump will engage them in a twitter war, only to find out that the Chinese banned twitter.

Riight. I bet Trump will engage them in a twitter war, only to find out that the Chinese banned twitter.

I think you seriously underestimate trump

He could for instance use these Chinese provocations to support in reading and improving our military

Which the Chinese definitely would not like

Underwater drones are a great way to deliver humanitarian aid.

If you say so, I wouldn't know. A navy would be a waste if it were to just sit someplace waiting to be called. Or are you against all Navy research. Here's a thought--if it were used to track ship movement, it did a crappy job since it didn't apparently see the ship that captured it.

Geeeees folks!

Take a deep breath.

That drone doesn't have any technology that China, Russia, and all the Nato countries already have.

The seized underwater drone was part of an unclassified programme to collect oceanographic data, including salinity, temperature and clarity of the water. The data can help inform US military sonar data, since sound is affected by such factors.

No

Interesting. So you don't want Obama to react the same way you fantasize that Trump would react.

He could for instance use these Chinese provocations to support in reading and improving our military

And what about Trump's childish response to... well, basically everything, makes you think he's going to do something positive?

Interesting. So you don't want Obama to react the same way you fantasize that Trump would react.

Obama cannot react at all except to issue a stern "cut it out" to the Chinese who are laughing themselves silly

Obama cannot react at all except to issue a stern "cut it out" to the Chinese who are laughing themselves silly

But that's not what you implied. You implied there should be a different response from a different president, not that there would be a different response.

Fascinating mindset. It's unusual for someone to openly admit to a double standard like that.

But that's not what you implied. You implied there should be a different response from a different president, not that there would be a different response.

Fascinating mindset. It's unusual for someone to openly admit to a double standard like that.

The mindset of having low expectations for a failed president like Obama

Yes that's me

The mindset of having low expectations for a failed president like Obama

Yes that's me

This discussion isn't about expectations.

Well Trump just tweeted that the Chinese can now keep the drone they stole. So it seems that I overestimated him.

Taking piece of equipment that belongs to the US Navy....It's an act of war.

Then have congress declare war. that is a political question, not a legal one.

Yes stealing another country's stuff while in international waters is illegal. Did you really think it wouldn't be.

I really think that China doesn't particularly care about what the US deems illegal.

This discussion isn't about expectations.

Sure it is

The Chinese expected Obama to let them kick sand in his face without retaliating and he did

Well Trump just tweeted that the Chinese can now keep the drone they stole. So it seems that I overestimated him.

If Obama wants to resign and leave early I think trump could take his place tomorrow

Otherwise you will have to wait a month to have a real man in the White House again

I really think that China doesn't particularly care about what the US deems illegal.

You asked if they did something illegal. The answer is yes they broke international law with what they did. It's not simply what the US deems illegal it's what pretty much the rest of the world deems illegal. The bigger question is why do you seem to be China breaking international law.

If Obama wants to resign and leave early I think trump could take his place tomorrow

Otherwise you will have to wait a month to have a real man in the White House again

A real man wouldnt allow thieves to keep what they stole. Pretty much tells me all I need to know about the person you admire.

A real man wouldnt allow thieves to keep what they stole. Pretty much tells me all I need to know about the person you admire.

If trump were president he would not have let the Chinese get away with it the way our enemies have been doing for 8 years against obama

Back
Top Bottom