• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US public at risk from complacency over flu -CDC

Triad

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
They are conscious of a historic parallel -- in 1918, a relatively mild flu pandemic emerged, only to return with a vengeance months later to kill millions.
Reuters AlertNet - US public at risk from complacency over flu -CDC

Well, the information and paranoia itself is sometimes enough to curb an epidemic, especially one like this that can be thwarted by a little bit of self-awareness. It just so happens that what the WHO needs people to understand coincides with the media establishment's incessant desire to scare the public into watching their programs and reading their newspapers. Anything for a buck, you know.

Oh, and let's not forget the millions who will now rush out with money in hand to get the flu vaccine.

Well, the information and paranoia itself is sometimes enough to curb an epidemic, especially one like this that can be thwarted by a little bit of self-awareness. It just so happens that what the WHO needs people to understand coincides with the media establishment's incessant desire to scare the public into watching their programs and reading their newspapers. Anything for a buck, you know.

Oh, and let's not forget the millions who will now rush out with money in hand to get the flu vaccine.

I dunno. I suppose just assume its not over and take precautions.

Also that they have stated they lost control of it across the USA and that it can still come back in a few months.

Don't Panic.

Last edited:
I dunno. I suppose just assume its not over and take precautions.

Also that they have stated they lost control of it across the USA and that it can still come back in a few months.

Don't Panic.

"Don`t panic".

I`ll see that, and raise you,...Complacency expends far less energy. By expending less energy you will be more apt to have the energy needed either to fight this dreaded illness, or comment on its nondemic status in DP this fall.

<<< Ole poker face. Come on ... call or fold.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…