• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:913]Us pro-lifers have got to stop using the religious argument for being against this...

I believe the maudlin emoting about tiny unborn babies of anti-abortion men is transferred anger at women who make independent decisions that in the past men made for women.

Good point. I believe the same.

Why do you think anti-abortion men do not care about the "tiny unborn babies"?

Sometimes things are simply the way they appear to be.

And why would I or any man for that matter give a rats ass about wanting to make decisions for women?
Agree. That's always the siliest claim leftwingers make, that men somehow, even if they could, want to 'make decisions for women'. It's the most nonsensical talking point ever.

And why would I or any man for that matter give a rats ass about wanting to make decisions for women?

No idea. But a lot of anti-abortion guys sure seem to want to make THAT decision for women. That much is obvious to me by reading their posts, and yours too.

Agree. That's always the siliest claim leftwingers make, that men somehow, even if they could, want to 'make decisions for women'.

So why do anti-abortion men want women forced to stay pregnant and give birth against their will by making abortion illegal? If you really "don't want to make decisions for women," that is.

Agree. That's always the siliest claim leftwingers make, that men somehow, even if they could, want to 'make decisions for women'. It's the most nonsensical talking point ever.
LOL says the person who boasts that his wife agrees with every decision "they" make.

We should include all people because not everybody is going to respond to religious arguments. Maybe use some scientific studies. Or even include sources like this one below...

Home | secularprolife

Obviously, religious arguments are not meant for non-believers. There are religious people who support abortion.

Furthermore, for some Christians, using religious arguments isn't only being used to stand against pro-choice, but also to enlighten fellow-Christians
who are being led astray.

As they say, all is fair in love and war. Why limit your arsenal if you can have other weapons to use?

Obviously, religious arguments are not meant for non-believers. There are religious people who support abortion.

Furthermore, for some Christians, using religious arguments isn't only being used to stand against pro-choice, but also to enlighten fellow-Christians
who are being led astray.

As they say, all is fair in love and war. Why limit your arsenal if you can have other weapons to use?

Opposition to abortion will always derive from religious dogma.

Opposition to abortion will always derive from religious dogma.

I can't speak for humanists/atheists pro-lifers, but from what I read on a few websites - they see it as violations of human-rights (fetus).

So.....not necessarily religious.

And.....I can see and understand where they're coming from!
We cannot exclude or discriminate on anyone (regardless of race, creed, age or gender or mental/physical capability ) if we're going to uphold human rights.
Otherwise, what we have is a sham!

If the definition of a human being cannot be consistent - then, anyone can be defined as not human enough at any time, and thus can be subjected to
discriminations of all sorts!

A human female is biologically designed to carry and give birth to children.
Should we define a woman who see it differently to not be human enough? :) Can we say.....she is "inhuman?"

Last edited:
I can't speak for humanists pro-lifers, but from what I read on a few websites - they see it as violations of human-rights (fetus).

Outlier.

Lol. You're the one who made a ridiculous claim!
I gave a dead-on response.....that showed the ignorance in your claim.

Emotions aren't reliable arguments, you know. They won't carry you through serious discussions.

You’ve gotten scientific arguments, but to lefties like you, no amount of evidence will convince you. At least half of the patients in abortion die, and sometimes the woman dies too, or becomes seriously injured, or sterile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Half of women die
I can't speak for humanists/atheists pro-lifers, but from what I read on a few websites - they see it as violations of human-rights (fetus).

And.....I can see and understand where they're coming from!
We cannot exclude or discriminate on anyone (regardless of race, creed, age or gender or mental/physical capability ) if we're going to uphold human rights.
Otherwise, what we have is a sham!

If the definition of a human being cannot be consistent - then, anyone can be defined as not human enough at any time, and thus can be subjected to
discriminations of all sorts!

A human female is biologically designed to carry and give birth to children.
Should we define a woman who see it differently to not be human enough? :) Can we say.....she is "inhuman?"
Nowhere else do we force a person to risk their life for another. That is a basic violation of human rights.

No woman should die in a pregnancy she never wanted

Lol. You're the one who made a ridiculous claim!
I gave a dead-on response.....that showed the ignorance in your claim.

Is it “outlier” that you’re struggling with or the concept that there is no scientific justification for being anti-choice so all you have is a vague morality, whatever superstition you want to attach it to? How can I help you?

Is it “outlier” that you’re struggling with or the concept that there is no scientific justification for being anti-choice

That's a very ignorant response.
It says you don't understand the real argument behind the Humanist/atheistic arguments on human rights.

Human life begins at conception - scientific fact!

Do you follow?

so all you have is a vague morality, whatever superstition you want to attach it to? How can I help you?

....and there I was, trying to explain from a humanist pov. :)

Heck, you don't even understand what an atheist is! You're all emotions! :LOL:

Thank you for proving my point.

That's a very ignorant response.
It says you don't understand the real argument behind the Humanist/atheistic arguments on human rights.

Heck, you don't even understand what an atheist is! You're all emotions! :LOL:

Thank you for proving my point.
[/QUOTE]

“Thanks for proving my point” = Internet forumese for acknowledging you just got your ass kicked.

See what?
Your irrational response?

What more is there to say when all you can respond to a legitimate response is to say....

“Thanks for proving my point” = Internet forumese for acknowledging you just got your ass kicked.

That shows you're running on empty! :ROFLMAO: I sure don't wanna scrape that bottom.....:ROFLMAO:

You give an irrational response - so I say, "whatever." :)
I'm not going to argue with that. 🤷

LOL says the person who boasts that his wife agrees with every decision "they" make.
Of course my wife agrees with decisions she helps make.

So why do anti-abortion men want women forced to stay pregnant and give birth against their will by making abortion illegal? If you really "don't want to make decisions for women," that is.

So you reject the idea that some people (men AND women) believe that an unborn child at any stage of development is in fact a child and deserves protection?

So you reject the idea that some people (men AND women) believe that an unborn child at any stage of development is in fact a child and deserves protection?

People are free to believe whatever they want. They just don't -- and shouldn't -- get to force women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will as punishment for choosing to have sex.

People are free to believe whatever they want. They just don't -- and shouldn't -- get to force women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will as punishment for choosing to have sex.

Why do you (among many) continue to claim that people opposing abortion want to "punish women for having sex"?

If we wanted to punish women (and men) for having sex why not simply reimplement laws against fornication that were on the books up until just a few decades ago?

You’ve gotten scientific arguments, but to lefties like you, no amount of evidence will convince you. At least half of the patients in abortion die, and sometimes the woman dies too, or becomes seriously injured, or sterile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fetus is not the patient, the woman is.

Yes, it is. Somebody else makes loaves of bread to feed their family.
Steal from the rich and give to the poor, perhaps? Who can claim that is immoral?...

It's not about abortion, It's about safe abortion. The practice of abortion didn't start when it became legal and it wouldn't end if made illegal. Abortion was legalized because women were suffering and dying from dangerous underground procedures.
Want to help reduce the number of abortions? Here's a start- provide free childcare to single mothers. Make it so that having a child isn't a sentence to 18 years of poverty. That would be a good start. A positive step.

Steal from the rich and give to the poor, perhaps? Who can claim that is immoral?...
In what world is a baker rich? This isn't stealing from the rich and giving to the poor it's stealing from the poor to give to the poor. The problem with this concept is you can't steal from the rich they can afford security. It's why Robin Hood is a legend not an actual historical figure.

Back
Top Bottom