• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US prepares to start building portion of Texas border wall

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
And the wall continues...

HOUSTON (AP) — The U.S. government is preparing to begin construction of more border walls and fencing in South Texas' Rio Grande Valley, likely on federally owned land set aside as wildlife refuge property.

Congress last March approved more than $600 million for 33 miles (53 kilometers) of new barriers in the Rio Grande Valley. While President Donald Trump and top Democrats remain in a standoff over Trump's demand for $5.7 billion in border wall funding, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has pushed ahead with building what's already funded.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-prepares-start-building-portion-texas-border-wall-162946411.html

HOUSTON (AP) — The U.S. government is preparing to begin construction of more border walls and fencing in South Texas' Rio Grande Valley, likely on federally owned land set aside as wildlife refuge property.

Congress last March approved more than $600 million for 33 miles (53 kilometers) of new barriers in the Rio Grande Valley. While President Donald Trump and top Democrats remain in a standoff over Trump's demand for $5.7 billion in border wall funding, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has pushed ahead with building what's already funded.

So what you're saying is Mexico STILL HAS NOT paid for the wall. Got it, thank you for the update that Trump's lie still stands! :2wave:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-prepares-start-building-portion-texas-border-wall-162946411.html

pelosi-angry-2.jpg

That's wonderful that Congress approved this construction...

So what you're saying is Mexico STILL HAS NOT paid for the wall. Got it, thank you for the update that Trump's lie still stands! :2wave:

Desperate attempt to dodge the topic duly noted.

Because it's all over already, right?

I suggest you work on your reading comprehension because it's obviously lacking. No dodge at all and it is the truth that Mexico still hasn't paid for the wall. Your article shows that American taxpayer money is being used to build a portion of the wall approved. Mexico still hasn't paid for anything as Trump claimed they would. I know you don't like the fact that your false god Trump is proven to be a liar daily, but your insecurity is not my problem.

I suggest you work on your reading comprehension because it's obviously lacking. No dodge at all and it is the truth that Mexico still hasn't paid for the wall. Your article shows that American taxpayer money is being used to build a portion of the wall approved. Mexico still hasn't paid for anything as Trump claimed they would. I know you don't like the fact that your false god Trump is proven to be a liar daily, but your insecurity is not my problem.

AND this was appropriated via Congress... you know, the constitutional way....

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you are happy with your insurance you can keep it.

It was over a hell of a lot more than just $5B, too.

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you are happy with your insurance you can keep it.

It was over a hell of a lot more than just $5B, too.

I kept my doctor, what was your excuse, ****ty insurance you had? Yep. Another Opportunity lost.

I kept my doctor, what was your excuse, ****ty insurance you had? Yep. Another Opportunity lost.

Nope, the hospital choosing which plans to support. Thanks for going personal, stay classy.

Throwing money away to appease the ignorant. SAD! We used to be better...

Nope, the hospital choosing which plans to support. Thanks for going personal, stay classy.

Because those plans were ****ty like I said. It’s funny how you guys excuse trumps lies over and over.

Desperate attempt to dodge the topic duly noted. Because it's all over already, right?

Desperate kool aid drinker attempt to imitate Charlie Sheen and scream WINNING as the fail continues.... :roll:

Democrats are NOT against border security, especially around legal ports of entry where the real issue exists. However a wall across open desert is a no go from the git go.

But let the tRumpers note the funding comes from Congress and not some tRump faux emergency... :peace

Some Trump resistors simply don't want to hear about good news for the country even if congressmen from their own party agree with Trump on border security.

“Give Trump the money,” Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN) says. “Why are we fighting over this?”

“There are gaps” along the border, Rep. Katie Hill (D-CA) explains. “For many of us, there’s not really doubt that some kind of physical barrier is necessary.”

“Where folks say we need additional barrier protections, I’m all for it,” Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) says.

“I will vote for efforts to secure our Southern border that are done in an effective and efficient way,” Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA) tweets. “And if that includes additional physical barriers, then I would support that.”

Throwing money away to appease the ignorant. SAD! We used to be better...

Bull****. Using funds to build a barrier to force illegals into ports of entry...

Some Trump resistors simply don't want to hear about good news for the country even if congressmen from their own party agree with Trump on border security.

“Give Trump the money,” Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN) says. “Why are we fighting over this?”

“There are gaps” along the border, Rep. Katie Hill (D-CA) explains. “For many of us, there’s not really doubt that some kind of physical barrier is necessary.”

“Where folks say we need additional barrier protections, I’m all for it,” Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) says.

“I will vote for efforts to secure our Southern border that are done in an effective and efficient way,” Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA) tweets. “And if that includes additional physical barriers, then I would support that.”
Well stated.

This is funding that relates back to the 2006 Border Fence Act. This is not a new Appropriation. This is the same money that has been used for repair and refurbishment and closing gaps.

There has been no new Appropriations for extending Human Physical Border Barrier beyond what came out of the 2006 Act and no viable Appropriations process oriented effort by this Administration or GOP members of Congress to gain Appropriations for new Human Physical Border Barrier on the Southern Border.

So the correct description of this activity is the final pieces or THE END if you will of the 2006 Act. Its not a preparation to "start" to build a portion of Trump's Wall.

Dead giveaway: They must use construction techniques that have already been approved through that original authorization as in Bollard or sheet steel or slats or chain link or Normandy.

Last edited:

Bread and circuses...keep the rubes happy with simplistic things....

I kept my doctor....never a problem.

Bull****. Using funds to build a barrier to force illegals into ports of entry...

Never mind the vast majority of drugs and criminals come through those ports of entry... :roll:

Nice try but families fleeing their homelands like many of our ancestors isn't the problem....

Course the Romans found out walls really don't work and I wonder if tRump spoke to China about how well their wall worked... :peace

Because those plans were ****ty like I said. It’s funny how you guys excuse trumps lies over and over.

Nope, just rural where hospitals will not negotiate with more than a few companies. Its not about excusing anything, its about pointing out politicians ALL lie. Not just Trump and not just Republican ones as you believe.

Back
Top Bottom