• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

US Prepares Military Blitz Against Iran's Nuclear Sites

What should be done about Iran`s nuclear ambitions?

• Israel has no right to exist I`m with Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Simon W. Moon said:
I don't know. What part are you having trouble with?

And after they attack Israel what happens? Do you expect the US get involved in the equation somewhere after that?

They very well may, I would expect they would have to. But that does not eliminate the point that I don't think people are scared of an Iranian nuclear attack. And you keep trying to push it in that direction. The security of the refinied material or actual weapon is the concern. The possibility that it could be sold to an extremist group that will then detonate it in a heavly populated US city. It's not Iran that people are worried about . It's the people that they may very well help arm that is the problem.

Coming in second is the Destruction of Isreal in a nuclear attack. BUt thatwould not constitute an American nuclear retaliation. Iran does not and will not have the ICBM capabillities to strike at the US. So as retaliation goes it could be done with a conventional weapon strike. Other then the main assault against Istreal. The only people to suffer here would be all of the ME. The open desert landscape and high winds would be really good at moving the radiation from Middle Eastern coutnry to Middle Eastern coutnry. I'm sure that would make there neighbors happy. But there not all to scared of dying anyway.

Simon W. Moon said:
And then Iran would be obliterated. Gettin yerself blowed up real good doesn't quite fit the definition of successful that I had in mind.

What, if they nuked Isreal we'd automatically jump on them? Don't count on it.

Simon W. Moon said:
Deterrence refers to deterring an attack. Nuclear program is not the same as an attack.

If we don't let them build a bomb, we don't have to worry about deterring them from using one. Clearly, prevention is better than deterrence.

Simon W. Moon said:
I agree, but it something distinct from an Iranian nuclear attack. Two different critters all together.

No, it's not. Iran having nukes will automatically change the power structure of the Middle East. Since we're chaning it in ways that we like, there's no point in letting them try to alter the project unilaterally.

Simon W. Moon said:
Where'd you see this bumpersticker?

Some of us are able to write.

Some of us who can't write treat well expressed ideas they can't refute as bumper stickers.

Think I'd make any money selling it?

Simon W. Moon said:
Other than their numerous ties to international terrorist organizations like aQ in particular, their current posession of nuclear weapons, the sympathies that their political, military and intelligence organizations have for Islamists, and their proliferation of illicit nuclear technology to countries likes Iran and North Korea. Other than these and a few other items, I agree with you.

I didn't say Pakistan wasn't a threat, or that it wasn't a problem. I said it wasn't as big a problem. For now.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
What, if they nuked Isreal we'd automatically jump on them? Don't count on it.

We should. Being protected is one of the greatest benefits to being an ally of the U.S.
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I didn't say Pakistan wasn't a threat, or that it wasn't a problem. I said it wasn't as big a problem. For now.

As long as Pakistan's military continues to hold that country together, we are
relatively safe from their nukes. However, this also means that if the Pakistani military becomes authoritarian and brutal to their people, we will support them. We will do what is necessary to safe guard American lives from Radical Islam and other enemies. (These are the things the Global Left self-righteously throw in America's face from comfortable positions of protection.)

Last edited:
GySgt said:
We should. Being protected is one of the greatest benefits to being an ally of the U.S.

Yeah, Isreal can be like the third grader whose friend is Moose, the 16 year old sixth grader. They can be obnoxious because they're buddy is standing by. What does the third grader do when Moose graduates?

I remember the USS Liberty. Jonathan Pollard comes to mind, too. The US shouldn't be a patsy for anyone.

GySgt said:
As long as Pakistan's military continues to hold that country together, we are relatively safe from their nukes. However, this also means that if the Pakistani military becomes authoritarian and brutal to their people, we will support them. We will do what is necessary to safe guard American lives from Radical Islam and other enemies. (These are the things the Global Left self-righteously throw in America's face from comfortable positions of protection.)

Pakistan is our pal only as long as two conditions hold:

Afghanistan is unstable.
We can't supply our troops in Afghanistan via Iraq through Iran.

Once Iran is cleaned up, we'll be looking at Syria first, then Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom