• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US plans for '3 days of attack' on Syria

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

The Pentagon is readying more intense and longer attacks on Syria than originally planned, set to last three days, the Los Angeles Times reported on Sunday.War planners now aim to unleash a heavy barrage of missile strikes to be followed swiftly by additional attacks on targets that may have been missed or remain standing after the initial launch, the Times cited officials as saying.
Two US officers told the newspaper that the White House has asked for an expanded target list to include "many more" than the initial list of around 50 targets.

I do not support this kind of action in any way, shape, or form.

Does anyone think that once we start, we'll not become involved in a much bigger way?

I see a domino effect happening here, and I don't like it one bit.

The planned US strike will not strategically impact the current situation in the war

Well then, why on earth are you considering going anywhere near the region then?

Lord beer me strength.

It has not been explained why the Arab League is incapable of dealing with this situation. While the U.S. could use its military might to punish all evil doers in the world, there is no rationale to say why it is in the national interest of the U.S. to do so.

So we will damage some runways, the rebels say the attack will not help them, there will be no regime change, no military degradation, no elimination of WMD's and after three days we will leave and nothing will change. An AlQaeda rebel faction just took over a coptic Christian town in their attempt to run all Christians out of the Middle East and we are choosing to fight on their side.

Assad ran a secular government in a country which used to be 70% Christian. It's now 25% Christian because the rebels have either targeted them or caused them to flee. Yet we side with the rebels because we claim Assad used poison gas on fifteen hundred of his own people in a civil war where over a hundred thousand people have been killed. The rebels claim that they have also used chemical weapons and we have chosen to fight on their side.

This is so screwed up it's unimaginable. Any Congresscritter who supports fighting on the side of the islamist rebels against a secular government in a war where there is no good guy on either side of the conflict shouldn't be voted out of office. They should be tarred and feathered.

Does anyone think that once we start, we'll not become involved in a much bigger way?

I see a domino effect happening here, and I don't like it one bit. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Only thing missing is the list of targets. Jesus.

I called several Congressmen.....They aren't voting to go. But I don't think it will do any good. These Senators have upped the game and will back Obama's play. Can't make all these Military Moves and do nothing now. We need to go after the likes of Johnny Quest McCain. Which he has a whole term to go thru again.

We need people hitting the media and going after McCains psychological health. Question if he is going senile. Has ALS, Can't remember things. I mean make it go cross twitter and the Net. Radio and wherever he gets on the Camera. People should be screaming out to have him tested and psychologically evaluated.

Pretty much destroying his credibility on anything else going into the future. Run the WarMongering Neo Con Wannabe Right out to pasture. I swear if I could.....I would walk Right up and put my boot dead off into his pathetic Reptilian Smug ass of his.

Only thing missing is the list of targets. Jesus.

Nursing mothers, wedding and funeral parties, open air markets and bazaars, you know the usual.

We need people hitting the media and going after McCains psychological health. Question if he is going senile. Has ALS, Can't remember things. I mean make it go cross twitter and the Net. Radio and wherever he gets on the Camera. People should be screaming out to have him tested and psychologically evaluated.

Pretty much destroying his credibility on anything else going into the future. Run the WarMongering Neo Con Wannabe Right out to pasture. I swear if I could.....I would walk Right up and put my boot dead off into his pathetic Reptilian Smug ass of his.
Stay classy.

Stay classy.

Beats staying weak and saying and doing nothing.....kinda like most sheep Do!

That's why no one ever changes anything up. Let me guess, You think you can vote his ass out of Office.....Right? Try again.

Last edited:
I called several Congressmen.....They aren't voting to go. But I don't think it will do any good. These Senators have upped the game and will back Obama's play. Can't make all these Military Moves and do nothing now. We need to go after the likes of Johnny Quest McCain. Which he has a whole term to go thru again.

Whether Russia retaliates in any significant way or not, Putin is going to be so inflamed, there's no telling what other types of ways they may try to hurt us. And we shouldn't forget the declaration from the UN that w/out a resolution this will be a violation of international law. So the US will be the belligerent. And because of long term "regime change" goals for Syria the US, that has been behind the scenes encouraging and facilitating the "Arab Spring" as it spread used the opportunity to start some **** in Syria too to realise that goal.

Beats staying weak and saying and doing nothing.....kinda like most sheep Do!
Because it's clearly a choice between only two options. Keep your mouth shut entirely or slander and berate a decorated veteran due to his age and the fact you merely disagree with him. Good thinkin' :thumbs:

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes, I agree, this won't end as easily as quickly as planned.

It has not been explained why the Arab League is incapable of dealing with this situation. While the U.S. could use its military might to punish all evil doers in the world, there is no rationale to say why it is in the national interest of the U.S. to do so.

The Arab League is incapable of dealing with ANY situation. On the other hand, US does have interests in the middle east, Syria borders Lebanon (which is torn by the Syrian Civil War and has a potential of being a strong country to support US in the region, only if Syrian Regime is killed and Hizbullah which supported by Syria is weakened), Israel (One of US strongest allies) and Jordan, an ally of US which has a benefit of the failure of the Syrian Regime.

So we will damage some runways, the rebels say the attack will not help them, there will be no regime change, no military degradation, no elimination of WMD's and after three days we will leave and nothing will change. An AlQaeda rebel faction just took over a coptic Christian town in their attempt to run all Christians out of the Middle East and we are choosing to fight on their side.

Assad ran a secular government in a country which used to be 70% Christian. It's now 25% Christian because the rebels have either targeted them or caused them to flee. Yet we side with the rebels because we claim Assad used poison gas on fifteen hundred of his own people in a civil war where over a hundred thousand people have been killed. The rebels claim that they have also used chemical weapons and we have chosen to fight on their side.

This is so screwed up it's unimaginable. Any Congresscritter who supports fighting on the side of the islamist rebels against a secular government in a war where there is no good guy on either side of the conflict shouldn't be voted out of office. They should be tarred and feathered.

This can't be further from the truth...

1- Syria has never been "75 %" Christian in the history and Christians are currently on 10 % of Syria's Population. From the CIA factbook, Syria's Demographics
2- "we claim Assad used gas" ??? the proof is all over the news... just open ur eyes
3- I agree, there are some Extremist groups fighting against the Syrian Regime, but there are also free minded and innocent people who are fighing for their democracy and deserve support from the international community.

It is not a matter of gains... It is a matter of humanity, freedom and democracy.

It is not a matter of gains... It is a matter of humanity, freedom and democracy.

So you support military action by the USofA in Syria as is currently being planned????

The Arab League is incapable of dealing with ANY situation. On the other hand, US does have interests in the middle east, Syria borders Lebanon (which is torn by the Syrian Civil War and has a potential of being a strong country to support US in the region, only if Syrian Regime is killed and Hizbullah which supported by Syria is weakened), Israel (One of US strongest allies) and Jordan, an ally of US which has a benefit of the failure of the Syrian Regime.

1- Syria has never been "75 %" Christian in the history and Christians are currently on 10 % of Syria's Population. From the CIA factbook, Syria's Demographics
2- "we claim Assad used gas" ??? the proof is all over the news... just open ur eyes
3- I agree, there are some Extremist groups fighting against the Syrian Regime, but there are also free minded and innocent people who are fighing for their democracy and deserve support from the international community.

There is evidence gas was used, there is no evidence who used it.

Substitute the Congo (Zaire) for Syria and see if your humanitarian angle still holds up. WTF do we give all of that military and foreign aid in the region if it is useless (incapable of dealing with "situations")?

Because it's clearly a choice between only two options. Keep your mouth shut entirely or slander and berate a decorated veteran due to his age and the fact you merely disagree with him. Good thinkin' :thumbs:

Because it is clearly a choice wherein those such as your self who are first to criticize. Have no answers and haven't had any, other than that BS of vote him out. Plus keep doing the same damn thing that they always do. Which is nothing but bitch and criticize others who would take action. All due to those limitations they live with.

Guess what.....I'm a decorated Veteran and I got no Problem putting my foot off into McCains ass for being a Warmongering putz who never knew anything about strategy and tactics ever! Who was nothing more than a screw up and the Admirals son who could get away with it. Now if you think you can muster up on him. I'm front and center Right now!

Now when you got any sort of Decoration on your Chest for spilling blood for this country then you can step up and do what I would do. If you don't.....then really you can do nothing!

There is evidence gas was used, there is no evidence who used it.

German Intelligence Contributes to Fact Finding on Syria Gas Attack - SPIEGEL ONLINE
But the country's foreign intelligence agency, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), agrees with the US position which holds Syrian President Bashar Assad responsible for the poison gas attacks near Damascus on Aug. 21. In a secret briefing to select lawmakers on Monday, BND head Gerhard Schindler said that while there is still no incontestable proof, analysis of the evidence at hand has led his intelligence service to believe that Assad's regime is to blame.

There is plenty more evidence... phone calls...etc, i heard it on the news, yet i have no time to find the article now.

Either way, I don't' need evidence, common sense is enough in this situation, the Rebels are amateurs and possess no Chemical weapons, but the Syrian Regime has received lots of chemical weapons although the last 6 decades.

Whether Russia retaliates in any significant way or not, Putin is going to be so inflamed, there's no telling what other types of ways they may try to hurt us. And we shouldn't forget the declaration from the UN that w/out a resolution this will be a violation of international law. So the US will be the belligerent. And because of long term "regime change" goals for Syria the US, that has been behind the scenes encouraging and facilitating the "Arab Spring" as it spread used the opportunity to start some **** in Syria too to realise that goal.

Well Monte.....we can bitch all we want. There is no doubt we will strike. I think Obama will wait until after the 11th.To much has been put into play. Like Kerry Stated. They weren't even going to consider any objective arguments. This is to dire now. We can't let others think they can get away with using Chems.

Substitute the Congo (Zaire) for Syria and see if your humanitarian angle still holds up. WTF do we give all of that military and foreign aid in the region if it is useless (incapable of dealing with "situations")?

Heya Ttwtt.....and lets not forget the French just filed for action by the UN with the Congo and Central Republic of Africa. Our bosom buddy. Who scredwed up in Syria twice and has pushed this issue with the Syrians again and again.

the Rebels are amateurs and possess no Chemical weapons,

You've come to this conclusion how exactly?

How hard is it to make a chemical weapon?

Could a high school kid in the USofA make one?

Remember what those "amateurs" have been able to accomplish over the last 12 years.

I think you're over-simplifying things a bit here.

So you support military action by the USofA in Syria as is currently being planned????

Yes, I don't see why there should be Hesitation, Assad is killing his own people, It is time to get rid of the modern age "Hitler" (s) in Syria and all over the world

You've come to this conclusion how exactly?

How hard is it to make a chemical weapon?

Could a high school kid in the USofA make one?

Remember what those "amateurs" have been able to accomplish over the last 12 years.

I think you're over-simplifying things a bit here.

Heya DF. :2wave: Wonder what the world thinks of NAPALM.....huh? Agent Orange.....I have to be checked for the **** always and have been ever since I made it home!

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

I totally agree. Especially with China entering the equation.

Because it is clearly a choice wherein those such as your self who are first to criticize. Have no answers and haven't had any, other than that BS of vote him out. Plus keep doing the same damn thing that they always do. Which is nothing but bitch and criticize others who would take action. All due to those limitations they live with.

Guess what.....I'm a decorated Veteran and I got no Problem putting my foot off into McCains ass for being a Warmongering putz who never knew anything about strategy and tactics ever! Who was nothing more than a screw up and the Admirals son who could get away with it. Now if you think you can muster up on him. I'm front and center Right now!

Now when you got any sort of Decoration on your Chest for spilling blood for this country then you can step up and do what I would do. If you don't.....then really you can do nothing!
Keep ****ing that chicken.

Back
Top Bottom