• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US opens new front against ISIS with airstrikes in Libya

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The United States launched a new round of airstrikes against Islamic State militants in Libya on Monday, Pentagon officials confirmed, opening a more persistent front against the terror group that had no specific "end point" as long as the fragile Libyan government needed U.S. help.
President Obama authorized the strikes after the United Nations-backed Libyan government made its first request for this type of aid, the Pentagon said. It marked the third round of U.S. strikes in Libya since November.

Some members of ISIS have sought refuge in Libya. At the request of the Libyan government, we are now providing air support for government troops, who are launching major assaults on their strongholds in a major effort to wipe them out.

Hells yea. Kill the bastards. :)

Article is here.

Some members of ISIS have sought refuge in Libya. At the request of the Libyan government, we are now providing air support for government troops, who are launching major assaults on their strongholds in a major effort to wipe them out.

Hells yea. Kill the bastards. :)

Article is here.

Good to see we can start doing this after Clinton funded and supplied ISIS with weapons. Always hard to fight the enemy when your Secretary of State is assisting them in their destruction of the Middle East.

Good to see we can start doing this after Clinton funded and supplied ISIS with weapons. Always hard to fight the enemy when your Secretary of State is assisting them in their destruction of the Middle East.

The Secretary of State has zero control over funding. Congress funded "ISIS" (or, more honestly, splinter rebel group who ended up allying with ISIS).

The Secretary of State has zero control over funding. Congress funded "ISIS" (or, more honestly, splinter rebel group who ended up allying with ISIS).

You don't think the Secretary has the power to influence people to start these things?

You don't think the Secretary has the power to influence people to start these things?

Does the Secretary of State have funding power? Yes or no question.

Does the Secretary of State have funding power? Yes or no question.

Nope, but I don't see people making the distinction when Bush is blamed for all the spending during the two wars. Also, a lot of the funds in question have been dealt with by the Clinton Foundation. So it is possible she directly did fund these groups, or helped people that fund ISIS. We shall see.

Nope, but I don't see people making the distinction when Bush is blamed for all the spending during the two wars.

Did I say anything about Bush? Either way, the president has more influence over spending than the SoS, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not sure if you know this, but Bush wasn't secretary of state.

Did I say anything about Bush? Either way, the president has more influence over spending than the SoS, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not sure if you know this, but Bush wasn't secretary of state.

Wow, thanks for the history lesson. Neither of them directly funded the wars nor ISIS, doesn't mean they should get off without anything.

Rewriting history is not too hard, because people today don't have very good memories.

How Reagan made a terrorist kingpin of Osama.

Wow, thanks for the history lesson. Neither of them directly funded the wars nor ISIS, doesn't mean they should get off without anything.

Did you put those goalposts on skateboards, or are you actually hauling them yourself?

Al Nursa was never funded. Only SNC approved elements of the FSA were funded (with special weapon tracking protocol), and that did not include Nursa. Nursa has never been approved by or part of the SNC.

They will probably only go after the jamahiriya

Nope, but I don't see people making the distinction when Bush is blamed for all the spending during the two wars. Also, a lot of the funds in question have been dealt with by the Clinton Foundation. So it is possible she directly did fund these groups, or helped people that fund ISIS. We shall see.

Speaking of Bush, nearly all of ISIS's armor and heavy equipment came from him, courtesy of the Iraqi army that we spent billions training for nearly a decade only to have them turn and run leaving all their armament behind. It is only fair I guess since ISIS would never have existed with out Bush's blunder, AKA the Iraq war.

Ummm

No.

YOU made a claim. It is not my job to support it.

You either have citation or you don't.

I just gave you two of them. If you don't care to read it, that's not my problem. Stay ignorant of the issue. :peace

So, no, you have no citation.

Again, if you have no interest in reading a few paragraphs that's your own decision. Or would you prefer I record myself reading the information and uploading it for you to listen to?

So, no citation. Got it.

JULIAN ASSANGE: Well, WikiLeaks has become the rebel library of Alexandria. It is the single most significant collection of information that doesn’t exist elsewhere, in a searchable, accessible, citable form, about how modern institutions actually behave. And it’s gone on to set people free from prison, where documents have been used in their court cases; hold the CIA accountable for renditions programs; feed into election cycles, which have resulted in the termination of, in some case—or contributed to the termination of governments, in some cases, taken the heads of intelligence agencies, ministers of defense and so on. So, you know, our civilization can only be as good as our knowledge of what our civilization is. We can’t possibly hope to reform that which we do not understand.

So, those Hillary Clinton emails, they connect together with the cables that we have published of Hillary Clinton, creating a rich picture of how Hillary Clinton performs in office, but, more broadly, how the U.S. Department of State operates. So, for example, the disastrous, absolutely disastrous intervention in Libya, the destruction of the Gaddafi government, which led to the occupation of ISIS of large segments of that country, weapons flows going over to Syria, being pushed by Hillary Clinton, into jihadists within Syria, including ISIS, that’s there in those emails. There’s more than 1,700 emails in Hillary Clinton’s collection, that we have released, just about Libya alone.

Assange: Why I Created WikiLeaks' Searchable Database of 30,000 Emails from Clinton's Private Server | Democracy Now!
Here you go. Let me know if you need me to read it word for word for you. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom