• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US on brink of launching war against Syria based on lies

It's just not really an al-Qaeda-ish thing to do. There's not much else to it.
I already explained why it is irrelevant to the discussion of whether the various Al-Qaeda affiliated groups represent only a 6% of the fighting forces or more.

It is an interesting report :) I wasn't really aware of the difference between Islamism and Salafism. Thanks for providing it.
:)

Dude, I don't want to use Islamist and potential terrorist websites to find out objective information about them. First, I don't care for malware. Second, any stats/percentages/information they provide won't be useful in an analysis of their legitimacy other than to find out their stated goals.

Get a better anti virus protection - because if one gets his info from "safe" sources....well, he ain't gonna get much info about anything.
Note that I didn't refer you to the numbers they posted on the site but to the videos and info about them - in the videos and info they are clearly showing that they are connected to the world Jihad movement (although they often claim not to take part in it).

So what? That's pretty much max 1000 fighters for each Salafist faction other than al-Nusra, and so that means that there's max 10% rebels who are kinda, sorta indirectly temporary allies with al-Qaeda - and that's with an extremely small estimate on the number of secular fighters.

So, we at least moved on from the barely 6% figure solely based upon the various openly Al-Qaeda connected groups, and this was without even considering other world Jihad movements that are connected to the same "tree".

I wouldn't even consider any group that flies the black flag to be an al-Qaeda friend, although I by no means support them.
There is no such term as "friend"/"not a friend" in the conflict and in the relationships between the various world Jihad movements in Syria and around the world. There are multiple branches of that movement, there are multiple sources for that ideology and there are multiple "faces" for what the "western reporters" and "experts" usually call Al-Qaeda.
Ahrar al-sham is one of them. (although like I already mentioned, due to political reasons it often tries to distance itself from them at every opportunity)

I'd consider moderates to be anyone on the Islamic Liberation Front, and those in the mujahideen who promise to protect the rights of religious minorities. The SILF is 37,000, combine that with the FSA's minimum of 50,000 secular rebels, and with the more moderate mujahideen (if there are any) and you've got yourself an overwhelming majority of non al-Qaeda, non-jihadists.

Again, we weren't discussing the FSA, or other groups their numbers and the amount of influence they can have on the population or the future of Syria.
All we were discussing is whether the various Al-Qaeda affiliated groups represent a mere 6% of the fighting forces in Syria or more.

Cheers,
Fallen.

It is merely a White House assessment which claims high confidence while saying it is unlikely the rebels did it.

The United States Government assesses with high confidence that the Syrian government carried out a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs on August 21, 2013... We assess that the scenario in which the opposition executed the attack on August 21 is highly unlikely.

Government Assessment of the Syrian Government

How does that equate to FACTUAL "evidence?" This seems like typical propaganda...they obviously don't KNOW for sure.

WE are not the world's policeman! Again, it is not our business to interfere in the internal affairs of a sovereign nation we are not at war with.

O M G. Certainly you don't think we're dealing with secularists over there.

You realize that the largest single rebel force is the FSA, the moderate Muslim group that has been attacked by Islamists before? Hell, they lost two officers by targeted suicide bombings carried out by the Al Nusar Front.

So did the gassing and murdering of civilians ended up to be lies now?

Who cares, how does this effect the US?
Around 1500 have been gassed. Very bad.
But, how many have starved to death in China or North Korea? How many have died by a truly ruthless government in Iran?
But we are going to waste millions and kill more in Syria?
I am ashamed of my country.

Who cares, how does this effect the US?
Around 1500 have been gassed. Very bad.
But, how many have starved to death in China or North Korea? How many have died by a truly ruthless government in Iran?
But we are going to waste millions and kill more in Syria?
I am ashamed of my country.

A bad day today?

Sarin (CH3POF2) is no way to start your day ;)
(i usually prefer eggs n bacon with hash browns)
Triple D everything's peachy keen here in the land of the free and the home of the brave
2q8ncwp.jpg

How's things there?
2qxm6pj.jpg

Fine and dandy I trust?

Sarin (CH3POF2) is no way to start your day ;)
(i usually prefer eggs n bacon with hash browns)
Triple D everything's peachy keen here in the land of the free and the home of the brave
2q8ncwp.jpg

How's things there?
2qxm6pj.jpg

Fine and dandy I trust?
That flag is mine. :)

Here's Triple D
kosovo-flag-logo-primary.jpg

Back
Top Bottom