• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US official: US intel says prince ordered Khashoggi killing

Who are we to judge the Saudis? Our laws were written by racist, old white men and the Saudis are virtuous brown skinned victims. Plus you have to remember that men dont have objective rights. Rights are created by the state. In Saudi, the king is the state, so he determines what the rights of Saudi citizens are. Well, he determined that Khashoggi had no rights, so whats the problem?

Although the strain your tongue is putting on your cheek is obvious to any intelligent person, Mr. Trump agrees with you completely.

"Enhanced interrogation" is the term that people who don't want to vomit because to admit that 'Our Guys" use "torture" would make them puke.

True, but condoning what is done (or pretending that it isn't being done) does.

Condoning what is done (or pretending that it isn't being done) simply because you want to make money from the people who are doing it says a lot.

Having a government that backs a leader who takes the position that "Well, of course, that's a shocking thing for any government to do, but we'll ignore it because they buy a whole lot of really expensive things (things that we couldn't sell elsewhere) from us and it would hurt our economy (read as "lower profits") if we couldn't sell them that stuff." says even more.

That kind of talk is sabre-rattling.

The United States has RELATIONS with EVERY country in the world.

That kind of talk is sabre-rattling.

The United States has RELATIONS with EVERY country in the world.

Actually it doesn't. There are countries that the US government doesn't admit exist and there are countries that, while the US government admits they exist will not talk to them (officially).

PS - There is a difference between "voluntary, consensual relations" and simply "relations". I suggest that you learn what that difference is before it runs you into some serious trouble with the law.

PPS - Please look up the meaning of the term "sabre rattling".

Actually it doesn't. There are countries that the US government doesn't admit exist and there are countries that, while the US government admits they exist will not talk to them (officially).

PS - There is a difference between "voluntary, consensual relations" and simply "relations". I suggest that you learn what that difference is before it runs you into some serious trouble with the law.

PPS - Please look up the meaning of the term "sabre rattling".

You are basically advocating for the killing of a Saudi Prince. The last thing we need is a war.

Who are we to judge the Saudis? Our laws were written by racist, old white men and the Saudis are virtuous brown skinned victims. Plus you have to remember that men dont have objective rights. Rights are created by the state. In Saudi, the king is the state, so he determines what the rights of Saudi citizens are. Well, he determined that Khashoggi had no rights, so whats the problem?

I agree, I don't think you should judge anyone, for anything, at any time. Really, I could do without your posts too.

I'm comfortable judging anyone and everyone, for anything, at any time I choose. Don't try to speak for me, it looks absurd.

I agree, I don't think you should judge anyone, for anything, at any time. Really, I could do without your posts too.

I'm comfortable judging anyone and everyone, for anything, at any time I choose. Don't try to speak for me, it looks absurd.

I didnt speak for you. I was simply pointing out how liberal arguments make your outrage seem silly.

Quite right - which is why the United States of America declared war on Germany in 1914 and again in 1939.

Right?

I don't want to see the Houthi rebels take over Yemen making this world a much more dangerous place. We need to back Saudi Arabia or Yemen will become a playground for Islamic terrorists.

You are basically advocating for the killing of a Saudi Prince. The last thing we need is a war.

Really?

Please tell me where I said anything other than that (on the basis of all available information so far) the Saudi Crown Prince most certainly looks like he ordered the murder of another human being (whether or not he also ordered the torture and dismemberment is a completely different matter).

On the basis of all available information so far, I would support - wholeheartedly - the arraignment and trial of the Saudi Crown Prince before a neutral court. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that neutral court found that the Saudi Crown Prince was guilty of the deeds alleged, then I would support - wholeheartedly - the imposition of the maximum penalty available to that court. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that resulted in a financial loss to me personally, I'd still support it. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that resulted in a huge financial loss to people who would then refuse to provide financial support to my reelection bid, even if it didn't cause me any direct financial loss at all, I'd still support it. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

This just in: CIA concludes Pacific Ocean “pretty big,” and “primarily made of water”

I didnt speak for you. I was simply pointing out how liberal arguments make your outrage seem silly.

Did you know that "satirical" and "liberal" do not mean the same thing?

Of course right wingers love Saudi “justice.”

I don't want to see the Houthi rebels take over Yemen making this world a much more dangerous place.

Even if means turning a blind eye of genocide?

We need to back Saudi Arabia or Yemen will become a playground for Islamic terrorists.

You do know that the Saudis (albeit not OFFICIALLY the Saudi government) are the biggest financial supporters of international terrorism, don't you?

You do know that "the terrorist's ideology" is directly derived from Wahhabism, don't you?

You do know that Wahhabism is the official doctrine of Saudi Arabia, don't you?

You do know that Saudi Arabia is as much a foe of the "international terrorists" as Pakistan is, don't you?

This just in: CIA concludes Pacific Ocean “pretty big,” and “primarily made of water”

And, in response, a select group of DP members declared that, since they hadn't personally seen all of the Pacific Ocean and since they hadn't personally tested the makeup of 100% of the water in the Pacific Ocean, (and since Mr. Trump hadn't told them what to think about it), it was too soon to have any opinion and that everyone should wait until all of the evidence was in.

You might note that that same select group maintains that it is not appropriate to say "The Sun rises in the East." because "East" is an arbitrarily defined term. Besides, their considered opinion is that the Sun rises and sets on Mr. Trump's ...

What is the US's interest in the death of a foreign national, even if he was a reporter?

He was an American resident, the father of U.S. citizens, and the employee of one of America's most prominent newspapers. Also it's good generally to take a stand against murder and censorship.

There still is NO proof that the Crown Prince ordered the killing.

This premature conclusion is being driven by the Washington Post because (a) the murdered man wrote some articles for the Post and (b) the owner of that newspaper really "dislikes" the President.

The fact that the Saudi government lied through its teeth in the first few weeks following Khashoggi's death should be proof enough that this wasn't a "rogue operation."

He had all the due process afforded to him by Saudi law, a royal decree was issued and this pro taliban, anti Semitic terrorist sympathizer was whacked

bahaha dude not even KSA is pretending that this killing was legal, that's why they've charged lower-ranking participants with Khashoggi's murder.

On the basis of all available information so far, I would support - wholeheartedly - the arraignment and trial of the Saudi Crown Prince before a neutral court. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that neutral court found that the Saudi Crown Prince was guilty of the deeds alleged, then I would support - wholeheartedly - the imposition of the maximum penalty available to that court. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that resulted in a financial loss to me personally, I'd still support it. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If that resulted in a huge financial loss to people who would then refuse to provide financial support to my reelection bid, even if it didn't cause me any direct financial loss at all, I'd still support it. Wouldn't you? Do you think that Mr. Trump would?

If you think the prince should be brought to trial on a neutral court, do you think President Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissinger, and Dick Cheney should be tried under this neutral court as well?

I believe that it has something to do with "supporting the rule of law".

Your belief that the US shouldn't have done anything about the deaths of foreign nationals would have been almost mainstream in 1939, 1940, and 1941. After all, the Nazis were "only killing Germans and other non-Americans" - right?

So it is your opinion that the US should micro manage every country on the planet so as to support the rule of law?

You can leave your Nazi references out when speaking to me. Thanks

Tortured and dismembered with no due process
vs
due process and lawfully charged under U.S. law with civil rights, attorneys, etc., no torture or dismemberment.

You think those are rich irony and hypocrisy? Looks like your post is nuts to me.

What due process has Assange enjoyed?

Good Christ, the UN ruled in his favor as to the conditions of his confinement, the Brits laughed and did nothing, and the US patted the Brits on the back and gave them a star.

Sweden dropped the charges TWICE, yet still the Brits and US hold him, refusing to acknowledge the difference between right and wrong. NO due process sir.

He was an American resident, the father of U.S. citizens, and the employee of one of America's most prominent newspapers. Also it's good generally to take a stand against murder and censorship.

The fact that the Saudi government lied through its teeth in the first few weeks following Khashoggi's death should be proof enough that this wasn't a "rogue operation."

bahaha dude not even KSA is pretending that this killing was legal, that's why they've charged lower-ranking participants with Khashoggi's murder.

I could have sworn that I have read here many times that when a US Citizen is in another country, they are subject to that country's laws.

I am sorry, I just saw you said US Resident and not US Citizen.

My question still stands, what is so special about this person that he was worth an international incident when this happens every minute of every day in countless countries?

From Associated Press

US official: US intel says prince ordered Khashoggi killing

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. intelligence officials have concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a U.S. official said Friday. The Saudi government has denied the claim.

The conclusion will bolster efforts in Congress to further punish the close U.S. ally for the killing. The Trump administration this week sanctioned 17 Saudi officials for their alleged role in the killing, but lawmakers have called on the administration to curtail arms sales to
Saudi Arabia or take other harsher punitive measures.

The U.S. official familiar with the intelligence agencies’ conclusion was unauthorized to speak publicly about it and spoke on condition of anonymity. It was first reported by The Washington Post.

Saudi Arabia’s top diplomat has said the crown prince had “absolutely” nothing to do with the killing.

COMMENT:-

"In response to this report, President Trump has announced crushing sanctions - Saudi Arabian royalty will now be required to pay the full 'rack rate' at all Trump hotels and will NOT be allowed to visit either Disneyland or Disneyworld and Saudi Arabia will no longer be able to purchase American weapons (unless they pay for them) - against Saudi Arabia." FAUX Newz

Somehow the killing of a terrorist by a government that also supports terrorists is somehow going be the straw the breaks the camel's back, instead of all the other stuff they've done.

He's not under arrest and in U.S. custody, why would he be enjoying U.S. due process?

I too deny the claim that he is enjoying US due process. Another poster made the claim, implied or otherwise. I did not.

Rexedgar says his present situation is self-imposed, and he is partly correct, but only addressing very old events indeed. He conveniently ignores all the other things that have happened in these last 7 years, and I know why. He ignores the UN finding and the fact that Sweden dropped all the charges. Twice, actually. I'm looking at the big picture, he's not.

I believe that it has something to do with "supporting the rule of law".

Your belief that the US shouldn't have done anything about the deaths of foreign nationals would have been almost mainstream in 1939, 1940, and 1941. After all, the Nazis were "only killing Germans and other non-Americans" - right?

I thought you were of the school that the US shouldn't be entangled in other countries affairs, including disengaging from much of the world that we now have troops in....I guess that is only until you find something that another country does that you disapprove of, then it's all bets off.. right?

Back
Top Bottom