• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Not Responsible For Global Warming

Because we haven't finished with previous parts of the conversation, so I'm not diverting the topic. I want to finish the discussion of your previous posts.
So you think a conversation consists of you asking all the questions and I answer them. You dont have to answer anything I ask of you.

Goodnight

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you think a conversation consists of you asking all the questions and I answer them. You dont have to answer anything I ask of you.

Goodnight

I figured you'd continue dodging. See ya.

US C02 emission per capita is more than double that of many other developed countries and ten times bigger that of developing countries like India.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.ATM.CO2E.PC

Fossil fuel companies have also gained a lot of influence under Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/climate/coal-murray-trump-memo.html

Like for example that Trump wants to propp up unprofitable coal companies with billions of dollar.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...save-americas-failing-coal-fired-power-plants

That Trump doesn't care that his own federal agencies warns about the devasting effects of global warming.

https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

So now we're just implying something despite repeatedly telling you something that contradicts the implication.

We've told you, literally for decades, that temperatures will rise even if we cease all greenhouse emissions today. ​Any other interpretation you have is your own error. Even if some random ass dude on the internet says all warming would stop instantly, it's your own fault for not recognizing someone who is simply uninformed.

So far that's, I think, four times you dodged this:

Gonna make it 5?

The US, even under Trump, was not even mentioned as being bad in relation to global warming. The left has NOT made it a habit of saying that global warming can't be stopped, no matter what we do. They conveniently bury that info under the rug and imply that we will win if we fight it. It is not fair that the US should disproportionally do more in order to make up for the countries who were dished out booby prizes. To fight an absolutely massive war costing trillions of dollars that we can't win is ludicrous. The left want to put businesses out of business and people out of jobs and increase the costs of everything on the planet in the name of fighting a useless war against mother nature that we cannot win.

In the context of climate change it makes perfect sense and yes you can and people do apply it to other types of harm.

Your example is a poor one but how many insects do you think your eating when you eat grain products. There's an acceptable level that we allow without it being listed on the packages content menu.

You can justify killing a hobo if it's in self defense.

If you disagree then let me ask you your opinion of people like Bernie Sanders and Barack Obama who both have enormous carbon footprints. Are their lifestyles unacceptable? Should they be forced to restrict their habits?

Do as I say, not as I do:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWarming/story?id=2906888&page=1

If your definition of "the right" is the same as mine, then the "right" is heavily invested in denying the obvious and apparent fact that AGW is quite real, and is a problem that needs to be addressed.

I'd define the people who are OK with taking reasonable steps to mitigate the effects of global warming and to prepare for those effects as best we can as "mainstream Americans."

And other reasonable people around the world, of course.

Reasonable people don't want to put people out of work and businesses out of business. Those few who do are best described as radical environmentalists.

Most on the right do not deny that global warming is real. That is the propaganda talking point of the left. Hell, even Trump has admitted that global warming is real, your side just doesn't want to play those soundbites, only the soundbites where Trump says it is a hoax and he doesn't believe it. What the right believe is that there's not much we can do about global warming other than put a dent into it and that it is stupid of the left to fight a major war against mother nature. What's not real and what the right deny is the left's implication that we can win the war against global warming. That is the hoax perpetrated by the left because no matter what we do, global warming will increase.

Because we haven't finished with previous parts of the conversation, so I'm not diverting the topic. I want to finish the discussion of your previous posts.

major diversion. Of course you will be right if you drown out the other side and don't let them speak and refuse to answer THEIR questions after answering yours.

US C02 emission per capita is more than double that of many other developed countries and ten times bigger that of developing countries like India.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EN.ATM.CO2E.PC

Fossil fuel companies have also gained a lot of influence under Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/climate/coal-murray-trump-memo.html

Like for example that Trump wants to propp up unprofitable coal companies with billions of dollar.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...save-americas-failing-coal-fired-power-plants

That Trump doesn't care that his own federal agencies warns about the devasting effects of global warming.

https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

You need to read the link in the OP. The tree huggers met and didn't even mention the US in their report of countries who needed to be called out for global warming violations.

Most on the right do not deny that global warming is real. That is the propaganda talking point of the left. Hell, even Trump has admitted that global warming is real, your side just doesn't want to play those soundbites, only the soundbites where Trump says it is a hoax and he doesn't believe it. What the right believe is that there's not much we can do about global warming other than put a dent into it and that it is stupid of the left to fight a major war against mother nature. What's not real and what the right deny is the left's implication that we can win the war against global warming. That is the hoax perpetrated by the left because no matter what we do, global warming will increase.

I've never heard Trump admit that AGW was real. Maybe that's because the evil MSM doesn't want us to know that he's changed his position on that issue. It that's so, then, please do post a link to a statement by Trump that he has now accepted that anthropogenic global warming is a real thing.

and have you not read the threads about that topic on this forum? Oh, it's just a hoax. Humans can't "control the weather." It's a natural phenomenon, not caused by humans, followed by charts and graphs culled from denialists sites all over the internet.

Nevertheless, this part of your post is true:

no matter what we do, global warming will increase.

So, therefore, we do nothing. Right?

I've never heard Trump admit that AGW was real. Maybe that's because the evil MSM doesn't want us to know that he's changed his position on that issue. It that's so, then, please do post a link to a statement by Trump that he has now accepted that anthropogenic global warming is a real thing.

and have you not read the threads about that topic on this forum? Oh, it's just a hoax. Humans can't "control the weather." It's a natural phenomenon, not caused by humans, followed by charts and graphs culled from denialists sites all over the internet.

Nevertheless, this part of your post is true:

So, therefore, we do nothing. Right?

Trump has said global warming is real on many occasions. https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/03/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-climate-change-cnntv/index.html

This is like saying Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are bad actors because they didn't win an Oscar THIS year. I mean if they were giving out a lifetime achievement award at this ceremony I can assure you America would win it.

Very poor example. You must not have squat.

The US, even under Trump, was not even mentioned as being bad in relation to global warming.

It was not mentioned in this 4 paragraph cliff notes from one day of one meeting.
In fact, no country was mentioned specifically in reference to emissions targets in that article. The "booby prize" was not referencing emissions targets. I really don't know why you've fixated on this one single article. Does this one page really contain the entirety of climate change discussion!?

It's like you're reading an article on Olympic skiing and concluding that the luge is not an Olympic sport. Because this one article doesn't happen to mention it.

Your link goes to Nikki Haley claiming the same thing you just did, and then her blaming Obama for the US having pulled out of the Paris agreement.

Where are Donald Trump's words on this issue?

It's not like Trump's words have ever mattered. Why ask at all?

It's not like Trump's words have ever mattered. Why ask at all?

Because Trump's words indicate that he is still trying to deny modern science. How do his words not matter? Does only the spin on his words and the rewrite of his words actually matter?

Because Trump's words indicate that he is still trying to deny modern science. How do his words not matter? Does only the spin on his words and the rewrite of his words actually matter?

None of the words that come out of his mouth have any particular attachment to reality.

It was not mentioned in this 4 paragraph cliff notes from one day of one meeting.
In fact, no country was mentioned specifically in reference to emissions targets in that article. The "booby prize" was not referencing emissions targets. I really don't know why you've fixated on this one single article. Does this one page really contain the entirety of climate change discussion!?

It's like you're reading an article on Olympic skiing and concluding that the luge is not an Olympic sport. Because this one article doesn't happen to mention it.

Spin spin spin. Booby prizes were issued and Trump's US didn't get any.

The thing is that IF--and that is a huge IF--human carbon footprints are a huge deal in climate change--the USA has done as well as anybody in reducing its carbon footprint per capita. And that was without joining in the dictatorial universal mandates that offer little or no solution but put onerous regulations and taxes on populations.

But it is pretty difficult to gig us as evil when we have done pretty darn well to utilize clean energy as much as possible. The only reason our carbon footprint is so large is that we have the world's largest population behind China and India, neither of which are subject to the international climate protocols.

Why, no, it's not an IF at all. Anybody who actually knows science and the numbers knows it's not an 'IF'

I'm saying America's carbon footprint is justifiable.

How do you get from point a to point be with this declaration? Please, show your work. Give the numbers on the U.S.'s carbon footprint, and then justify it.

Why, no, it's not an IF at all. Anybody who actually knows science and the numbers knows it's not an 'IF'

Why do you deniers deny the truth that no matter what we do, global temperatures will increase?

Wow! What a great victory for Trump! The USA didn't get a booby prize! Making America Great again!

Exactly and totally. The US is doing our part, even under Trump. It's not up to us to make up for the countries that are not doing their part.

Back
Top Bottom