• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Not Responsible For Global Warming

This is like saying Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are bad actors because they didn't win an Oscar THIS year. I mean if they were giving out a lifetime achievement award at this ceremony I can assure you America would win it.
Why is it acceptable for Bernie Sanders to take private flights that create a big carbon fingerprint? It's ok because of what he accomplishes from it. It's a fair argument to a point and it's the same argument I will encode to justify American carbon footprint.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What gets me about the climate change cultists is that they only have one solution in mind and that's restricting the production of greenhouse gases. If it's so dire a problem why are they not spending money on scrubbing the atmosphere clean.

If your afraid of what man is doing to the planet why are you not planting trees, creating algae forests in the oceans, making air purifiers for the atmosphere. All their efforts are focused on modifying everyone else's behavior.

A little bit of a tangent here but I see this as a no brainer for the cult and I see no effort toward it.

The oceans make up approx 70% of the planets surface, of that 70%, the majority of it is not navigated. We could easily and cheaply create algae blooms in those areas. We could create oceanic forests that would dwarf the Amazon jungle.

This would have multiple benefits. It would convert mass amounts of CO2 into O2. It would provide an abundant amount of algae to convert into fuel. It would free up land space for development. It would convert areas of the planet that were not useful into productive space.

Some may not not pick what I outlined above. That's fine. The devil is always in the details. The point I'm making by advancing that idea is that I never hear the cult advance any ideas that are similar in principle.

Here's the point;
If your a believer, regardless if I celebrate earth day by burning tires in my front yard, why arnt you personally doing something to clean the air. Preach to me all you want, till you're blue in the face (I will tease you about all the CO2 you're making on fruitless effort) but lead by example.

What are you doing to lower the carbon print on your own?

Perfect example is the liberal Paris protesters protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels. The left seem perfectly fine with putting people out of jobs they need to survive in the name of the environment and also increasing the prices on the 99 percenters to force them to use less fossil fuels when, like you said, these liberal governments could be doing some of the very things you suggested. I read an article not too long ago which talked about mining CO2 out of the atmosphere and, if I remember correctly, it wasn't far fetched or very expensive (compared to the money spent on other green policies). I'm perfectly fine with the market place transference from dirty energy to clean energy and even making policies to facilitate that process but I am 100% against putting people out of jobs or increasing prices on the 99 percenters in order to kill dirty energy. And, I can't stand it when the left seems to very stupidly imply that if we fight global warming it will just mysteriously stop. The left always wants to talk about scientific facts when discussing this issue but they very conveniently leave out the part that the scientific facts are that no matter what we do to fight global warming, temperatures will still be increasing. Their own goals are to just limit the size of the temperature increases because they know that they can't do anything to stop global temperatures from rising. Those are the facts and they don't want to ever discuss THOSE facts.

Last edited:
Why is it acceptable for Bernie Sanders to take private flights that create a big carbon fingerprint? It's ok because of what he accomplishes from it. It's a fair argument to a point and it's the same argument I will encode to justify American carbon footprint.

Do you think carbon dioxide behaves differently whether Bernie Sanders is or is not a hypocrite? Are greenhouse gases sentient?

Their own goals are to just limit the size of the temperature increases because they know that they can't do anything to stop global temperatures from rising. Those are the facts and they don't want to ever discuss THOSE facts.

I've repeatedly tried to discuss this with you, you dodge every time.

If we can limit the temperature rise, then not all of the temperature rise is inevitable. This is simple logic and you never acknowledge it. Are you hiding from this fact?

Wow. Couldn't have said that better myself. Liberals view the world as divided between liberals and evil people. You're either a liberal or you're evil. I can't believe one of you guys finally admit that this is how you feel. At least you are man enough to be honest about it.

You people call liberals evil all the goddamned time you hypocrite.

Do you think carbon dioxide behaves differently whether Bernie Sanders is or is not a hypocrite? Are greenhouse gases sentient?
I'm saying America's carbon footprint is justifiable.

I've repeatedly tried to discuss this with you, you dodge every time.

If we can limit the temperature rise, then not all of the temperature rise is inevitable. This is simple logic and you never acknowledge it. Are you hiding from this fact?

Do you finally acknowledge the fact that no matter what we do, global temps are going to rise anyway?

You people call liberals evil all the goddamned time you hypocrite.

I never once called liberals evil. In fact, I don't remember anyone on the right calling liberals "evil". On the other hand, many on the left call many on the right "evil". Can you provide any examples of any conservatives calling liberals "evil"?

I'm saying America's carbon footprint is justifiable.

Justifiable because of Bernie Sanders? I don't understand.

Do you finally acknowledge the fact that no matter what we do, global temps are going to rise anyway?

I've repeatedly told you this has never been denied in the first place. Why do you always ignore it? Why did you just dodge ​yet again?

Global warming is just a ploy to help institute communism.

“We can use the transition to 100 percent renewable energy as the vehicle to establish economic, racial and social justice in America,” - Cortez

I've repeatedly told you this has never been denied in the first place. Why do you always ignore it? Why did you just dodge ​yet again?

The left always implies that if we fought global warming we would win.

Of course you don't :lamo

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and post proof that I ever called liberals evil? While you are at it you can also declare that conservatives are not evil.

The left always implies that if we fought global warming we would win.

And your interpretation of this is somehow "temperature will instantly stop rising" despite the fact that the exact same people are saying that additional warming is already in the pipe, so to speak.

Why did you interpret it this way?

How could one country be responsible?

And your interpretation of this is somehow "temperature will instantly stop rising" despite the fact that the exact same people are saying that additional warming is already in the pipe, so to speak.

Why did you interpret it this way?

So, you are admitting that no matter what we do, global temperatures will continue rising.

So, you are admitting that no matter what we do, global temperatures will continue rising.

I've never objected to that. It's liberals who told you that in the first place. You've adopted my stance and are declaring it to be yours. I'm glad you agree with the prevailing scientific opinion that some amount of warming is already in the pipe due to our emissions. I'm "admitting" that in the same sense you are "admitting" to be conservative. Are you finally admitting to being conservative?

Yet another attempt: You've admitted that we can reduce the amount of temperature rise already. Therefore not all of the warming is "inevitable." Do you agree.

But sure. If it makes you feel better, I am admitting to the opinion I have openly expressed on this message board for eight years already. You got me to admit to the thing I've already been saying for years.

Last edited:
Wow. Couldn't have said that better myself. Liberals view the world as divided between liberals and evil people. You're either a liberal or you're evil. I can't believe one of you guys finally admit that this is how you feel. At least you are man enough to be honest about it.

LOL! Sure, that't it, sure.

What gets me about the climate change cultists is that they only have one solution in mind and that's restricting the production of greenhouse gases. If it's so dire a problem why are they not spending money on scrubbing the atmosphere clean.

If your afraid of what man is doing to the planet why are you not planting trees, creating algae forests in the oceans, making air purifiers for the atmosphere. All their efforts are focused on modifying everyone else's behavior.

A little bit of a tangent here but I see this as a no brainer for the cult and I see no effort toward it.

The oceans make up approx 70% of the planets surface, of that 70%, the majority of it is not navigated. We could easily and cheaply create algae blooms in those areas. We could create oceanic forests that would dwarf the Amazon jungle.

This would have multiple benefits. It would convert mass amounts of CO2 into O2. It would provide an abundant amount of algae to convert into fuel. It would free up land space for development. It would convert areas of the planet that were not useful into productive space.

Some may not not pick what I outlined above. That's fine. The devil is always in the details. The point I'm making by advancing that idea is that I never hear the cult advance any ideas that are similar in principle.

Here's the point;
If your a believer, regardless if I celebrate earth day by burning tires in my front yard, why arnt you personally doing something to clean the air. Preach to me all you want, till you're blue in the face (I will tease you about all the CO2 you're making on fruitless effort) but lead by example.

What are you doing to lower the carbon print on your own?

There are several reasons I remain an honest skeptic re AGW causing climate change--the operative term here is skeptical as opposed to being a denier. But the single most pertinent fact that makes me a skeptic is that those preaching human caused climate change the loudest are not living their lives as if their carbon footprint was at all important.

Al Gore's carbon footprint, for example, has been described the size of Godzilla's.

Bernie Sanders has been one of the loudest voices on the topic recently, but he spent almost $300,000 flying on a private jet on campaign stumps in October alone.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-spends-nearly-300k-for-private-travel

In the day and age of wonderful lightning fast computers, video conferencing, and all the other capabilities we have, wouldn't you think the policy makers would utilize that? But no, they travel all over the world to get together here and there. As do pro AGW scientists who don't seem to be doing much to lessen their own carbon footprints.

Wouldn't you think those who take this the most seriously would be walking the walk?

Again the USA has actually done as much or more as any other developed country to clean up its act and increase clean energy and as a result has reduced its carbon footprint significantly. I can't fault our President for resisting acquiescence with the new world order that seeks more and more power and control over populations including onerous and suffocating taxes and regulation that accomplish little more than increasing that power and control.

And according to the article cited in the OP, apparently we aren't being seen as the villain by others either.

There are several reasons I remain an honest skeptic re AGW causing climate change--the operative term here is skeptical as opposed to being a denier. But the single most pertinent fact that makes me a skeptic is that those preaching human caused climate change the loudest are not living their lives as if their carbon footprint was at all important.

Al Gore's carbon footprint, for example, has been described the size of Godzilla's.

Bernie Sanders has been one of the loudest voices on the topic recently, but he spent almost $300,000 flying on a private jet on campaign stumps in October alone.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-spends-nearly-300k-for-private-travel

In the day and age of wonderful lightning fast computers, video conferencing, and all the other capabilities we have, wouldn't you think the policy makers would utilize that? But no, they travel all over the world to get together here and there. As do pro AGW scientists who don't seem to be doing much to lessen their own carbon footprints.

Wouldn't you think those who take this the most seriously would be walking the walk?

Again the USA has actually done as much or more as any other developed country to clean up its act and increase clean energy and as a result has reduced its carbon footprint significantly. I can't fault our President for resisting acquiescence with the new world order that seeks more and more power and control over populations including onerous and suffocating taxes and regulation that accomplish little more than increasing that power and control.

And according to the article cited in the OP, apparently we aren't being seen as the villain by others either.

That is the dumbest basis for skepticism I have ever heard in my life. You think the veracity of climate science revolves around... Al Gore? He's not a scientist, genius. What else are you skeptical about? Mitch McConnel is a lying hypocrite, so I'm skeptical of evolution!! Anthony Weiner turned out to be a sex monster, so thermodynamics needs some real scrutiny.

That is the dumbest basis for skepticism I have ever heard in my life. You think the veracity of climate science revolves around... Al Gore? He's not a scientist, genius. What else are you skeptical about? Mitch McConnel is a lying hypocrite, so I'm skeptical of evolution!! Anthony Weiner turned out to be a sex monster, so thermodynamics needs some real scrutiny.

I think we see here evidence that another point made went flying right over another head not to mention great examples of straw men arguments. I will wish you a pleasant day.

That is the dumbest basis for skepticism I have ever heard in my life. You think the veracity of climate science revolves around... Al Gore? He's not a scientist, genius. What else are you skeptical about?

She's skeptical of everything that isn't in a Trump tweet or heard on Fox & Friends.

Justifiable because of Bernie Sanders? I don't understand.
Sanders has nothing to do with it. I'm saying for the same reason climate alarmists dont raise an eyebrow when world leaders create massive carbon prints when they meet to discuss what can be done about carbon prints is the same reason people should not be upset about the carbon print America creates. What we produce outweighs our polution.

Back
Top Bottom