• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Not Responsible For Global Warming

A two week UN climate meeting in Poland has issued several booby prizes to countries in regards to climate change/global warming and, guess what? The US wasn't even mentioned at all or given any booby prizes.

This is like saying Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are bad actors because they didn't win an Oscar THIS year. I mean if they were giving out a lifetime achievement award at this ceremony I can assure you America would win it.

I read your link three times, and I missed the words "U.S. is not responsible for global warming.". Where are they?

Where are the booby prizes for the US? The left has been all over Trump for pulling out of the Paris accord and yet we didn't even get runner up or honorable mention in the booby prizes for global warming. As usual, the left make a mountain out of a mole hill. Meanwhile, in liberal France (you know, the country where Paris is located), liberals are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels.

Where are the booby prizes for the US? The left has been all over Trump for pulling out of the Paris accord and yet we didn't even get runner up or honorable mention in the booby prizes for global warming. As usual, the left make a mountain out of a mole hill. Meanwhile, in liberal France (you know, the country where Paris is located), liberals are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels.

I'm sorry, I missed the reference to "Booby Prizes" in the link, too. Where are they?

And where are the words in the article that support your subject line? This shouldn't be hard. Liberals didn't start this thread. You did.

I'm sorry, I missed the reference to "Booby Prizes" in the link, too. Where are they?

And where are the words in the article that support your subject line? This shouldn't be hard. Liberals didn't start this thread. You did.

You have to read the link again. It does mention booby prize and the US didn't get any.

is this an admission that the burning of fossil fuels contributes to AGW?

Is this an admission that the US isn't even bad enough to even get honorable mention and that even if we did everything in the US that lefties want us to do, that other countries would be causing global warming? Even the liberal experts say that they just want to limit the amount of the warming, admitting that no matter what we do, global warming will still happen. And, in liberal Paris (you know, the city they named the Paris Accord after?), liberals are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels.

Is this an admission that the US isn't even bad enough to even get honorable mention and that even if we did everything in the US that lefties want us to do, that other countries would be causing global warming? Even the liberal experts say that they just want to limit the amount of the warming, admitting that no matter what we do, global warming will still happen.

So, the burning of fossil fuels contributes to AGW?

Where does it say in this article we aren't responsible?

Where does it say we got a booby prize when several other countries did? In other words, The US is doing it's share (Paris Accord or not) and that other countries are vastly more responsible for global warming than the US. Liberal experts also say that they just want to limit global warming, an admission that no matter what we do, global warming will still happen. Meanwhile, liberals in Paris (the same Paris as in the "Paris Accord") are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels.

A two week UN climate meeting in Poland has issued several booby prizes to countries in regards to climate change/global warming and, guess what? The US wasn't even mentioned at all or given any booby prizes.

https://www.apnews.com/5fb26d010ff54e3ba9d3a45fe7112214

The thing is that IF--and that is a huge IF--human carbon footprints are a huge deal in climate change--the USA has done as well as anybody in reducing its carbon footprint per capita. And that was without joining in the dictatorial universal mandates that offer little or no solution but put onerous regulations and taxes on populations.

But it is pretty difficult to gig us as evil when we have done pretty darn well to utilize clean energy as much as possible. The only reason our carbon footprint is so large is that we have the world's largest population behind China and India, neither of which are subject to the international climate protocols.

So, the burning of fossil fuels contributes to AGW?

What do you propose to do about that? I mean in liberal Paris, liberals are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels. But, I'll take your total spin that you agree that the US is doing it's share regarding global warming, because even these diehard liberals at the meeting issued no booby prizes to the US. You guys talk constantly about denial of the facts and yet here you are, denying the fact that diehard climate change liberals at these meetings didn't issue the US any booby prizes regarding global warming.

But we should still be required to pay for it, because extorting money from the West (aka:THE US) , and then redistributing it to their Preferred Dictatorships, is the UN's "solution" for everything.

You have to read the link again. It does mention booby prize and the US didn't get any.

When I read the link again, where will I find the statement that you have in your subject line? The one about the US not being responsible for global warming.

Where does it say we got a booby prize when several other countries did? In other words, The US is doing it's share (Paris Accord or not) and that other countries are vastly more responsible for global warming than the US. Liberal experts also say that they just want to limit global warming, an admission that no matter what we do, global warming will still happen. Meanwhile, liberals in Paris (the same Paris as in the "Paris Accord") are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels.

Who gives a ****? The **** is a booby prize?

The problem is all of the hot air generated by people who see the world as divided between "liberals," or evil people, and the rest of humanity, or all good people.

When I read the link again, where will I find the statement that you have in your subject line? The one about the US not being responsible for global warming.

Ah. So you did find the part about the booby prize and now you want to change the subject because you're losing the debate.

Who gives a ****? The **** is a booby prize?

Ummmmmmmm. Several countries were called out for not doing their share in fighting global warming. Trump's US was not one of them. That literally eats you alive, doesn't it?

The problem is all of the hot air generated by people who see the world as divided between "liberals," or evil people, and the rest of humanity, or all good people.

Wow. Couldn't have said that better myself. Liberals view the world as divided between liberals and evil people. You're either a liberal or you're evil. I can't believe one of you guys finally admit that this is how you feel. At least you are man enough to be honest about it.

Ah. So you did find the part about the booby prize and now you want to change the subject because you're losing the debate.

Change the subject? It's your thread - your subject. Your subject line. Now please show me where in the article I can find the words in your subject line.

All countries are responsible for anthropogenic global warming to some extent or another. That the US is not the biggest contributor in no way implies that the US bears no responsibility, nor that regulations to reduce carbon emissions are not wise.

Ummmmmmmm. Several countries were called out for not doing their share in fighting global warming. Trump's US was not one of them. That literally eats you alive, doesn't it?

In that article? Can you quote it for me?

What gets me about the climate change cultists is that they only have one solution in mind and that's restricting the production of greenhouse gases. If it's so dire a problem why are they not spending money on scrubbing the atmosphere clean.

If your afraid of what man is doing to the planet why are you not planting trees, creating algae forests in the oceans, making air purifiers for the atmosphere. All their efforts are focused on modifying everyone else's behavior.

A little bit of a tangent here but I see this as a no brainer for the cult and I see no effort toward it.

The oceans make up approx 70% of the planets surface, of that 70%, the majority of it is not navigated. We could easily and cheaply create algae blooms in those areas. We could create oceanic forests that would dwarf the Amazon jungle.

This would have multiple benefits. It would convert mass amounts of CO2 into O2. It would provide an abundant amount of algae to convert into fuel. It would free up land space for development. It would convert areas of the planet that were not useful into productive space.

Some may not not pick what I outlined above. That's fine. The devil is always in the details. The point I'm making by advancing that idea is that I never hear the cult advance any ideas that are similar in principle.

Here's the point;
If your a believer, regardless if I celebrate earth day by burning tires in my front yard, why arnt you personally doing something to clean the air. Preach to me all you want, till you're blue in the face (I will tease you about all the CO2 you're making on fruitless effort) but lead by example.

What are you doing to lower the carbon print on your own?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom