• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US military increasingly using drone missile with flying blades in Syria ‘Ninja bomb’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Ninja bomb’, which uses 100lb of dense material and six attached blades, has been deployed in targeted assassinations

The US military is making increasing use in Syria of a gruesome and secretive non-explosive drone missile that deploys flying blades to kill its targets.

Described as less likely to kill non-combatants, the so-called ninja bomb – whose development was first disclosed last year – has been used a number of times in the last year to kill militants in Syria, including those linked to al-Qaida, most recently earlier this month.

Officially designated as the Hellfire AGM-114R9X – usually shortened to R9X and sometimes know as the “Flying Ginsu” – the weapon has been increasingly deployed in targeted assassinations by the US Joint Special Operations Command.

The missile, believed to have been first used in 2017 to kill al-Qaida’s then No 2 leader, Abu Khayr al Masri, in Idlib province, first came to wider attention when its existence was disclosed by an article in the Wall Street Journal last year.
================================================================
I seldom am impressed by new military hardware but this piece of flying death caught my attention.

The use of drones makes a lot of sense. The ability to get into some enemy areas without endangering personel is a plus.

Of course the other side of the blade is that a drone is an excellent weapon for terrorists.

We will see more advancement in drones.

As we become more high tech with military weapons a question I have is do we still need such a large airborne force? I believe we currently have 7 airborne divisions.

As we become more high tech with military weapons a question I have is do we still need such a large airborne force? I believe we currently have 7 airborne divisions.

We only have one airborne division-the 82nd Airborne and one air assault division-the 101st.

Where did you get the idea the U.S. had SEVEN airborne divisions?

I stand corrected. I thought we had at least two or three. Are not the 101st and 82nd still active?

I stand corrected. I thought we had at least two or three. Are not the 101st and 82nd still active?

Very much so. They are two of the four "light" divisions the U.S. has. The others being the 10th Mountain Division and the 25th Infantry Division.

We have 6 "heavy" divisions.

Interesting video: "Thank you for your service! ‘Why are you thanking me? I didn’t do anything. I didn’t help anyone. I just perpetuated a system of senseless violence."— This Marine vet is releasing real war footage to show Americans the reality of war in Afghanistan

Ninja bomb’, which uses 100lb of dense material and six attached blades, has been deployed in targeted assassinations

The US military is making increasing use in Syria of a gruesome and secretive non-explosive drone missile that deploys flying blades to kill its targets.

Described as less likely to kill non-combatants, the so-called ninja bomb – whose development was first disclosed last year – has been used a number of times in the last year to kill militants in Syria, including those linked to al-Qaida, most recently earlier this month.

Officially designated as the Hellfire AGM-114R9X – usually shortened to R9X and sometimes know as the “Flying Ginsu” – the weapon has been increasingly deployed in targeted assassinations by the US Joint Special Operations Command.

The missile, believed to have been first used in 2017 to kill al-Qaida’s then No 2 leader, Abu Khayr al Masri, in Idlib province, first came to wider attention when its existence was disclosed by an article in the Wall Street Journal last year.
================================================================
I seldom am impressed by new military hardware but this piece of flying death caught my attention.

"Never bring a knife to a gun fight"

Hellfire Missile: Hold my beer....

Back
Top Bottom