• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

us marines

Originally posted by tiktok:
Yep, the crust thing did go way over my head. I feel so desolate.
This pie thing has got me confused too. And I'm a God-damn American!

The USA has a history of installing or backing dictators that support her corporate interests, so no one will kid me that this is about 'freeing the oppressed'. This is all about the dollar. Saddam has becoem a pain in the butt to the USA. That is the only time the USA would remove a dictator... when the dictator is no longer of any use to the USA
Deegan said:
I know, you think the job is taking oil, and I see it as freeing the oppressed
If that was the agenda then why didn't they do it in 1991 when they were just 70 miles down the Rd from Baghdad ?
What it's about is 'W' trying to spice up a lacklustre presidency with... 'Let's go get them bad guys... you head em of at the pass', macho cowboy talk to try & unite America behind him. It's the oldest trick in the book... rouse the unthinking masses with missinformation & spin put on intelligence, so as to get them behind you so you become the good guy v the big bad bogey man, in this case Saddam.
That way also the arms manufacturers such as Northrop Grumman that backed his election campaign & also spent millions lobbying in the pentagon for the war, get their kick back & all those contracters who also sponsor Bush will get lots of lovely contracts rebuilding the place.

I'm afraid Deegan you have a very superficial grasp of world affairs. Best stick to your 'pie' cliches. In fact can't you go away & find a cooking forum somewhere. Best not leave the kitchen love.

Last edited:
robin said:
The USA has a history of installing or backing dictators that support her corporate interests, so no one will kid me that this is about 'freeing the oppressed'. This is all about the dollar. Saddam has becoem a pain in the butt to the USA. That is the only time the USA would remove a dictator... when the dictator is no longer of any use to the USA
If that was the agenda then why didn't they do it in 1991 when they were just 70 miles down the Rd from Baghdad ?
What it's about is 'W' trying to spice up a lacklustre presidency with... 'Let's go get them bad guys... you head em of at the pass', macho cowboy talk to try & unite America behind him. It's the oldest trick in the book... rouse the unthinking masses with missinformation & spin put on intelligence, so as to get them behind you so you become the good guy v the big bad bogey man, in this case Saddam.
That way also the arms manufacturers such as Northrop Grumman that backed his election campaign & also spent millions lobbying in the pentagon for the war, get their kick back & all those contracters who also sponsor Bush will get lots of lovely contracts rebuilding the place.

I'm afraid Deegan you have a very superficial grasp of world affairs. Best stick to your 'pie' cliches. In fact can't you go away & find a cooking forum somewhere. Best not leave the kitchen love.

Ahhh, I struck a nerve, excellent.;)

It really does not matter what some whining liberal in Europe thinks, we are going to achieve the goals set out in the current administration. You can shriek all you like, I find it hilarious, and love to watch you people so green with envy. The most powerful country in the world will continue to call the shots, and dictate the change the world needs. I suggest just being happy that you and yours are not on our list, as that is not a pleasent place to be.;)

I find it hard to have an intelligent discussion with folks that can't even understand a simple cliche or analogy. More crust then a pie factory.....hmmmm, what ever could that mean? I'll explain it for the slower witted among us, pie factories have a lot of crust laying around, because it takes crust to make a pie. If I say, you have more crust then a pie factory, crust being a term used to describe someone with an arrogant, omnipotent attitude, this means you think you know more then you actually do. I hope that helps some of you here, but somehow........I don't hold out much hope for improvement.

Last edited:
Deegan said:
Ahhh, I struck a nerve, excellent.;)

It really does not matter what some whining liberal in Europe thinks, we are going to achieve the goals set out in the current administration. You can shriek all you like, I find it hilarious, and love to watch you people so green with envy. The most powerful country in the world will continue to call the shots, and dictate the change the world needs. I suggest just being happy that you and yours are not on our list, as that is not a pleasent place to be.;)

I find it hard to have an intelligent discussion with folks that can't even understand a simple cliche or analogy. More crust then a pie factory.....hmmmm, what ever could that mean? I'll explain it for the slower witted among us, pie factories have a lot of crust laying around, because it takes crust to make a pie. If I say, you have more crust then a pie factory, crust being a term used to describe someone with an arrogant, omnipotent attitude, this means you think you know more then you actually do. I hope that helps some of you here, but somehow........I don't hold out much hope for improvement.
Again Deegan... don't bother to concern yourself with facts about the real world, about world affairs, & world history.
I see no signs of intelligence in you. I see only a very immature wind up merchant, who is sick enough to think it's wonderful to see 1850 of his 'most powerful' countries troops getting killed & 13,000 wounded & maimed, whilst they are bogged down in a Vietnam type stalemate, fighting a 'war on terror' in the wrong country.
BTW I'm not in the least bit envious of your American lifestyle. You only get two weeks a year vacation over there & heeps of tax to pay for the 250,000,000,000 debacle in Iraq so the majority of Americans don't even have a comfortable lifestyle.
Come to England... you see more Porsches & Ferarris in a day then you'll see in a month in the USA. I know. I was in Chicago for a week in late 2003.
Now I think I'll just go for a spin in my 321BHP BMW Estoril blue ///M Roadster :mrgreen:
I shalln't be wasting anymore time on you.

Last edited:
robin said:
Again Deegan... don't bother to concern yourself with facts about the real world, about world affairs, & world history.
I see no signs of intelligence in you. I see only a very immature wind up merchant, who is sick enough to think it's wonderful to see 1850 of his 'most powerful' countries troops getting killed & 13,000 wounded & maimed, whilst they are bogged down in a Vietnam type stalemate, fighting a 'war on terror' in the wrong country.

You have to actually put yourself out their in order to make some mistakes, but the facts are these, this country has freed millions from communism, facism, and brutal dictatorships, what have you done lately?:doh

tiktok said:
You must really enjoy my "childish mud slinging"... I'll say no more.

>>>but we will never come to a rational conclusion to this argument, so why bother mate.

Debate in America suddenly take a dive? Debate is often open-ended but doesn't dilute the validity of it... C'mon chap, don't give up just yet.

Yep, the crust thing did go way over my head. I feel so desolate.

I'm calling you out, tiktok. Be prepared to back up your rhetoric with logic. If not, I'll wipe the floor with you smack style.

I'm waiting teach... so far unimpressed... You watch too much Gerry.

One liners won't do it tho... gotta do betta than that to smack tiktok.

Up for the challenge? Careful I don't get bored...

Never did like teachers: good with the talk, but can't handle the walk... Let's see how ya do in a marathon.

Oh and Pick your icons more selectively fellah: you'll smeel as they do, only more rancid as sycophants are known to...

"Call me out"... LOL, ok mate... 3.30 outside the school gates.

You'll have to speak to Teach about that I'm afraid Si... Never tell an omniscient where to smack... They'll burn ya ta hell with a single gaze.

Woooooooooooooooooo, scary init!

The most powerful country in the world will continue to call the shots, and dictate the change the world needs. I suggest just being happy that you and yours are not on our list, as that is not a pleasent place to be

The arrogance that drives the fuel of Anti-American hatred abroad

Surenderer said:
The arrogance that drives the fuel of Anti-American hatred abroad

Yet somehow they continue to flock here in greater numbers everyday! Oh well, I have found this misplaced hatred irrelevant for some time now, and will continue to do so. The most powerful, most successful, most sought after land will always draw envy from those who have none of these things, it's simple human nature. Still, it is also a sin, so tread lightly my good friend.;)

Yet somehow they continue to flock here in greater numbers everyday! Oh well, I have found this misplaced hatred irrelevant for some time now, and will continue to do so. The most powerful, most successful, most sought after land will always draw envy from those who have none of these things, it's simple human nature. Still, it is also a sin, so tread lightly my good friend

what drives the hate is simple. Its a combination of what you all have stated, but envy I think is the least of it. The hatred is fueled by Western policies in their land since the late 1800s.

nkgupta80 said:
what drives the hate is simple. Its a combination of what you all have stated, but envy I think is the least of it. The hatred is fueled by Western policies in their land since the late 1800s.

How about the policies in their own country? How about the policies in every successful country in the world, they are somehow different? No, they are the same, but these countries are not on the top, and are not under the constant microscope that the most powerful nations are. This leaves one to believe that it is not about policy, and more about using the conflict with the most visable, most attractive countries, as a springboard for their ideology. That is, the fear that their way of life is in danger, and that their religious rule, their only means of control, that this is on it's way out.

Let's take Saudia Arabia for example, how many times has that goverment been attacked for dealing with the infidels? Answer, zero! They have attacked military bases, or housing that held Americans, but not once have they "punished" their own rulers. The suggestion that this is our fault is beyond ridiculous, unless you consider trying to allow millions of people the right to exit the stone age, wrong. What really makes me laugh, and what really completely boogles my mind at the same time is this, how is it that we are trying to change anyone, or their way they live? This country is the finest example of freedom known in the world, no country has more diversity, more freedom to express yourself, more freedom to be whatever it is you want to be, but some how emulating us would be a danger to one's beliefs?:confused:

Last edited:
the saudi arabian regime is not supported by many terrorists. Osama Bin Laden came into power denouncing his own regime. But the anger got thwarted towards the US who backs this regime. Why don't they do attacks against their own regime. It is because it is easier to take the war outside than within the country where other's lives are at stake. Would it be easier to convince a common arab man to blow up those white guys in the city center or to convince him to kill those arab guys many who may be acquaintances.

nkgupta80 said:
the saudi arabian regime is not supported by many terrorists. Osama Bin Laden came into power denouncing his own regime. But the anger got thwarted towards the US who backs this regime. Why don't they do attacks against their own regime. It is because it is easier to take the war outside than within the country where other's lives are at stake. Would it be easier to convince a common arab man to blow up those white guys in the city center or to convince him to kill those arab guys many who may be acquaintances.

They are doing just that in Iraq.......next.:roll:

what are they doing in iraq next

Back
Top Bottom