• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

us marines

robin said:
SU ?
You attacked N Vietnamese & lost.
Besides if u r arguing that the cold war & the MAD threat was the solution, then you are admitting Nam war was a waste of time.

SOVIET UNION!:doh

Thank God for the Marines and the men and women who volunteer to put their lifes on the line for us.

Last edited:
gdalton said:
Thank God for the Marines and the men and women who volunteer to put their lifes on the line for us.
No they cost lives. 59 Londoners dead. How has a war in Iraq helped them or help avert their deaths ?
Answer.. it's done precicely the opposite.
That Bin Laden's number two said they hit London becuase of Blair's Iraq policy. Invade a country that had nothing to do with 911 & what else do you expect ?
1850 dead Americans.. all cannon fodder for lying politicians.
They lost their lives in something that hasn't made the world the slightest bit safer from terrorism.

Where are the terrorists & where do they become terrorists ?
Iraq or London or Somalia or Egypt or pakistan or Morroco ?

Answer, London, Somalia, Egypt, Pakistan & Morroco.. so WTF are you doing in Iraq ?
It's amazing how difficult it is for you Americans to understand simple mistakes. Iraq WMD's was hype, as were Iraq connections to 911.
Unbelievable.. you are as brainwashed as the Muslim idiots !
Keep watching Fox news, you simpletons.

Last edited:
robin said:
No they cost lives. That Bin Laden's number two said they hit London becuase of Blair's Iraq policy. Invade a country that had nothing to do with 911 & what else do you expect ?
1850 dead Americans.. all cannon fodder for lying politicians.
They lost their lives in something that hasn't made the world the slightest bit safer from terrorism.

Where are the terrorists & where do they become terrorists ?
Iraq or London or Somalia or Egypt or pakistan or Morroco ?

Answer, London, Somalia, Egypt, Pakistan & Morroco.. so WTF are you doing in Iraq ?
It's amazing how difficult it is for you Americans to understand simple mistakes. Iraq WMD's was hype, as were Iraq connections to 911.
Unbelievable.. you are as brainwashed as the Muslim idiots !
Keep watching Fox news, you simpletons.

So we are all "simpletons" and you liberal Brits are all right, o.k, lol, some of you have more crust then a pie factory, but you are known for that are you not?;)

Deegan said:
So we are all "simpletons" and you liberal Brits are all right, o.k, lol, some of you have more crust then a pie factory, but you are known for that are you not?;)
You don't know the difference between the word 'liberal' & 'analytical'. You cowboy yanks don't want to consider the facts. You aren't liberal & you aren't analytical... you're just plain thick as pigs 5hit !

robin said:
You don't know the difference between the word 'liberal' & 'analytical'. You cowboy yanks don't want to consider the facts. You aren't liberal & you aren't analytical... you're just plain thick as pigs 5hit !

I'm just wondering where that nice gentleman is that has excused me of personal attacks, all the while, you're here having a field day?:confused:

I don't know if I like this forum right now.:doh

gdalton said:

:rofl

They put their lives on the line... for us?

Who are you trying to kid exactly? The Marines are there because their commanding officer and the BlairBitch told them to go there. They're not there fighting for democracy or to liberate Iraqis - or "ragheads" as they so eloquently call them.

But morale must be hitting the floor these days as the insurgents bring the fight to them and ensure that all the Moms and Dads back home are checking every bodybag to see if their boyz are zipped up nice 'n' comfy.

Here in England we're now paying the price for BB's alliance with your genious president. Muslims walk around in total fear and the rest of us are ducking everytime a bag of crisps is opened.

I don't have an ounce of pity for any of your boyz - or our boys - who get killed in Iraq.

Being a soldier doesn't exclude anyone from autonomous thought, not to mention compassion. They should walk and let Bush do his own fighting.

Perhaps when a few thousand more lie dead and you finally wake up to the invasion by the Bushalites, you'll pull out of this disgusting farce you call the "war on terror."

What a joke.

:hitsfan:

Deegan said:

Why don't you just deal with the analysis he's put forward rather than counter with this obscure pie nonsense.

crust... pies??

WTF?

tiktok said:
Why don't you just deal with the analysis he's put forward rather than counter with this obscure pie nonsense.

crust... pies??

WTF?
You obviously wouldn't understand, I guess you're too young for that cliche, oh well, I'll just move along, my "analysis" has been done for some time now!;)

Deegan... You are as shallow as a puddle. 'Crusty pie' cliches rather than facts !
Cliches are for parrots.
You don't educate or concern yourself with facts & truth.

Deegan nice posts ;)
I love your signature
"Israel is it worth it"
Oh how true. Look at the trouble caused world wide by Israel on some else's land, based on some tenous link forty generations ago. By their logic, the American Indians are more than entitled to get the entire USA back as THEIR land.
Even bombs on London tubes ultimately connected to the way Israel snatched land from the Arabs for the Jewish tribe.
Why couldn't the friggin Jews just integrate wherever were so if they lived in Poland for example, then just call themselves 'Poles' instead of 'Polish Jews'.
I really am Pi55ed off with them.
They got away with so much becuase of influential Jews pulling strings in the USA that don't even want to go & live in Israel !
Friggin tribalistic bull5hit.
Just like the Irish in USA. They collected money for terrorism 5,000 miles away in UK becuase they are so 'pro Irish', yet they don't even want to go live in Ireland.

Last edited:
robin said:

You wants facts....I got one...

For the last 50 years the US has had to sweep up the mess the Western European countries made when they tried to make the Middle East & Africa part of their imperial "Empires".

Read your own history....When did Isreal become "Isreal"?...Right after the British LEFT.

In 1947, following increasing levels of violence by militant groups, alongside unsuccessful efforts to reconcile the Jewish and Arab populations, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate. Fulfillment of the 1947 UN Partition Plan would have divided the mandated territory into two states, Jewish and Arab, giving about half the land area to each state. Under this plan, Jerusalem was intended to be an international region under UN administration to avoid conflict over its status. Immediately following the adoption of the Partition Plan by the United Nations General Assembly, the Palestinian Arab leadership rejected the plan to create the as-yet-unnamed Jewish state and launched a guerilla war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isreal

Does the BELGIAN Congo ring a bell? How about FRENCH Guiana? And who controlled the Iraqi territory?....ummm....errrr....I believe it was the Kingdom that calls itself "United".

Modern Iraq became a British mandate (the British League of Nations Trust Territory of Iraq) at the end of World War I and was granted independence from British control in 1932. It was formed out of three former Ottoman Willayats (regions): Mosul, Baghdad and Basra. The British installed Hashemite monarchy lasted until 1958, when it was overthrown through a popular revolution, known as the 14 July Revolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq

Your name(robin) is a great representation for your country of origin...

A bird that flys around not caring what it shits on....

Originally posted by cnredd:
A bird that flys around not caring what it shits on....
Your pretty good at dropping a few loads yourself. I got to pull up my pant legs every time I read your posts.

Billo_Really said:
Your pretty good at dropping a few loads yourself. I got to pull up my pant legs every time I read your posts.

Keep quiet.....Adults are talking now....

Keep quiet.....Adults are talking now....
Name any one of your posts where you responded to mine that would indicate maturity on your part.

cnredd said:
For the last 50 years the US has had to sweep up the mess the Western European countries made when they tried to make the Middle East & Africa part of their imperial "Empires".
Read your own history....When did Isreal become "Isreal"?...Right after the British LEFT.
After the Zionist extremists blew up our soldiers as a big thank you ! Don't deny the massive support from the USA. Hey if you think people should be able to take land back after 40 generations, then maybe you ought to return your back garden to the North American Indians.

cnredd said:
In 1947, following increasing levels of violence by militant groups, alongside unsuccessful efforts to reconcile the Jewish and Arab populations, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate. Fulfillment of the 1947 UN Partition Plan would have divided the mandated territory into two states, Jewish and Arab, giving about half the land area to each state. Under this plan, Jerusalem was intended to be an international region under UN administration to avoid conflict over its status. Immediately following the adoption of the Partition Plan by the United Nations General Assembly, the Palestinian Arab leadership rejected the plan to create the as-yet-unnamed Jewish state and launched a guerilla war.
This is simplistic & one sided. You know the other side of the story. Zionist extremists ethnically cleansing Palestinians etc.

cnredd said:
Does the BELGIAN Congo ring a bell? How about FRENCH Guiana? And who controlled the Iraqi territory?....ummm....errrr....I believe it was the Kingdom that calls itself "United".
What the heck has French colonialism to do with me ?

cnredd said:
Modern Iraq became a British mandate (the British League of Nations Trust Territory of Iraq) at the end of World War I and was granted independence from British control in 1932. It was formed out of three former Ottoman Willayats (regions): Mosul, Baghdad and Basra. The British installed Hashemite monarchy lasted until 1958, when it was overthrown through a popular revolution, known as the 14 July Revolution

Well that's not our fault if the different tribes in Iraq want to kill each other is it ?
Blame that ridiculous aspect of mankind's nature. Do you realy think there were no inter tribal conflicts before colonisation.
Incidently, I'm no fan of colonisation. I admit Brits made mistakes.
Are you man enough to admit the USA does & has made big big mistakes at the expense of millions of people ?
As for American corporate imperialism... look at the family frankenstien dictators you have backed, or in some cases even installed in power.
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/American_Empire/American_Empire_page.html
At least we Brits left something worthwhile in India in terms of democracy, rail networks & infra structure. All the USA did in Guatamala was install a fascist frankenstien like dictator, then use it as a sweat shop for the American fruit corps. The story is repeated all over the Americas & elsewhere.

Last edited:
Are you man enough to admit the USA does & has made big big mistakes at the expense of millions of people ?
Robin, your going to have to wait until he grows up to get that question answered. Even then there is no guarantee that he will man-up!

Billo
Actually & I'm sure you will agree... it shouldn't come down to any kind of manly macho dual. That's the root of so many problems. It's down to being honest & impartial.

I predict the response will be, as it normally is to anyone that considers facts impartially & analyzes situations in a non partisan & non nationalistic way...
1) "You're biased".
2) "You're a liberal"
3) "The web sites you post are biased"
4) "You're anti American"
5) "You're a commie sympathiser" When in reality I'm business man.
6) "You're an appeaser & I terrorist sympathiser". When I'm simply trying to understand what turns someone into a terrorist.

That's the usual response. Never any facts, just the shallow rhetoric of flag waiving jingos who think conflicts around the world, for which America is in many ways to blame with her neo colonialism, are simply a football match. But America is the best team, they are always right & the other guys are the bad guys & Americans are always the good guys.

Deegan said:
You obviously wouldn't understand, I guess you're too young for that cliche, oh well, I'll just move along, my "analysis" has been done for some time now!;)

At 38 I think I'd get the cliche if it weren't so sodden in Americanism.

Your analysis is where exactly? Given the glib response you've just handed me, don't bother, I'm sure I'd sign off after the first para.

Hey Mods, can we have an icon for wanker in here? Perhaps you could delete the US flag to make a space.

cheers

Pwned

cnredd said:

No mate, what you have is an ability to copy and paste from Wikipedia, which makes you about as credible as America's "intelligence services".

Arguing about who was responsible for letting the Jews setup shop on Arab land is redundant since the Jews argue it's their biblical homeland anyway.

Far more relevant is Israel's consistant breach of human rights laws. You may want to look into how many times Israel has featured in reports from Amnesty, Human Rights Watch for their abuse of the Palestinian people... I could go on.

The Israelis are very adept at manipulating facts to suit their own purposes and get 100 percent support from America. Go check the UN's website and see how many times the UN has been blocked solely by America on Israeli actions.

I see you're a student... Your first assignment is to research more adequately. Spouting off info from Wikipedia exposes your tenuous grasp on historical events. Couple that with your age (I assume early twenties or late teens) and it's very apparent that you haven't quite grasped the concept of political debate.

Read a book mate, Wikipedia is just a layer and you need to go much deeper.

Shalom, Salamaat... Peace.

tiktok said:
At 38 I think I'd get the cliche if it weren't so sodden in Americanism.

Your analysis is where exactly? Given the glib response you've just handed me, don't bother, I'm sure I'd sign off after the first para.

Hey Mods, can we have an icon for wanker in here? Perhaps you could delete the US flag to make a space.

cheers

Actually sir, the topic is the death of U.S Marines, and while it's your right to show your disgust for our war, and our troops, and as well our country, it's not your right to confuse the thread. My response was a sad salute to our fallen, yours has been a confusing cluster of insults, and I really must say my lad, for someone who is 38, some really childish mud slinging.:roll:

As for my cliche, what......you don't have pie in the U.K, or is it that it has no crust? ;)

Deegan said:
Actually sir, the topic is the death of U.S Marines, and while it's your right to show your disgust for our war, and our troops, and as well our country, it's not your right to confuse the thread. My response was a sad salute to our fallen, yours has been a confusing cluster of insults, and I really must say my lad, for someone who is 38, some really childish mud slinging.:roll:

As for my cliche, what......you don't have pie in the U.K, or is it that it has no crust? ;)

>>Actually sir, the topic is the death of U.S Marines,

Please don't call me sir... We're not in a burger bar and I'm not your superior officer.

>>My response was a sad salute to our fallen, yours has been a confusing cluster of insults

Confusing? Damnit, must be my cynical wit that confused you. Sorry we've moved on from Benny Hill here in dear ol' blighty.

>>>As for my cliche, what......you don't have pie in the U.K, or is it that it has no crust? ;)

Once again, the distance between America and England must be much more significant than I had first thought. Can someone please explain to me what this pie/crust reference is about.

Nearly as coherent as a speech by your genious president.

Just get out of Iraq mate and we can all get along just fine. Hell, I'll even send you a pie :yawn: If that's what you really want.

tiktok said:
>>Actually sir, the topic is the death of U.S Marines,

Please don't call me sir... We're not in a burger bar and I'm not your superior officer.

>>My response was a sad salute to our fallen, yours has been a confusing cluster of insults

Confusing? Damnit, must be my cynical wit that confused you. Sorry we've moved on from Benny Hill here in dear ol' blighty.

>>>As for my cliche, what......you don't have pie in the U.K, or is it that it has no crust? ;)

Once again, the distance between America and England must be much more significant than I had first thought. Can someone please explain to me what this pie/crust reference is about.

Nearly as coherent as a speech by your genious president.

Just get out of Iraq mate and we can all get along just fine. Hell, I'll even send you a pie :yawn: If that's what you really want.

I am sure I'll regret addressing you again, but here goes.....

There would not be a war if we could "all just get along" and we will not leave until the job is done. I know, you think the job is taking oil, and I see it as freeing the oppressed, but we will never come to a rational conclusion to this argument, so why bother mate.

As for the crust and pie, it's beyond explaination now, and has certainly lost any of it's comedic intentions, in other words, has flown clear over your head.;)

You must really enjoy my "childish mud slinging"... I'll say no more.

>>>but we will never come to a rational conclusion to this argument, so why bother mate.

Debate in America suddenly take a dive? Debate is often open-ended but doesn't dilute the validity of it... C'mon chap, don't give up just yet.

Yep, the crust thing did go way over my head. I feel so desolate.

Back
Top Bottom