• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US launches mass expulsion of Hatian migrants from Taxas

It may be worth reminding you that America was built on immigration-and that includes your ancestors. Seems destitute Haitians aren't worthy enough for you.
There's that famous self projection that snake is all too well known for.

Just as it was when the left was outraged when stuff like this happened under trump and yet don’t care at all about it now.

You are not fooling anyone.
They do care, but the administration has been hamstrung by the conservatives on the Supreme Court. These people will have to wait outside the country.

This is the result of Republican policy and you guys are “complaining” about it. I’m just calling your sorry asses out for the lies that they are.

It's just infuriating that we're apparently the only ones who'll even think about taking these people in. Everyone else just pushes them away, with only a few exceptions that I've seen in the last few years.
We aren't the only ones who take them in...it might seem that way to you, but it isn't that way at all. It is the fact that geographically we are closer to Haiti than Brazil or other countries are. Cubans are coming in huge number too....and not just to the US.

OMG!

'In a few weeks it will come to pass that 3/4 of these Haitians will be settled in America regardless of
Title 42. Biden's handlers will bypass that law. Quit being naive!'

The above is what I posted. I didn't post that I knew it was true. How could anyone even me know
somethings true before it happens? That was a prediction if there ever was one. Brush up on your
interpretations of statements!

BTW, the 1st post I made about this Haitian predicament was a prediction to contradict your belief
that Biden under title 42 would send them all back to their land of birth which only showed
that you naively believe everything the Biden administration offers up.

Like I predicted in a few weeks maybe even sooner all, even you, will understand that the majority of
Haitians at the Rio Grande today will be transported around this country sooner or later. Only a few
will be sent back to Haiti!
It doesn't seem that is the case...and I disagree with using Title 42 on asylum seekers. That said, most of these folks, unfortunately, do not qualify, because they were firmly resettled elsewhere.

It doesn't seem that is the case...and I disagree with using Title 42 on asylum seekers. That said, most of these folks, unfortunately, do not qualify, because they were firmly resettled elsewhere.
It’s a crazy situation. They’re Haitian migrants who, for wherever reason, decided to cross the border illegally and build their own shanty town in Del Rio that has swelled in size to 13,000 people. And they’re moving back and forth across the border presumably to find work and evade deportation. Nobody is asking about asylum unless they’re captured while doing that by border patrol.

The only place I would love them to send 100's of migrants is your neighborhood. Sadly all migrants are being sent back under title 42 but we need to make an exception for your home town.

What is Title 42 and how does it work?
The Title 42 expulsion policy has effectively closed the US border to nearly all asylum seekers based on the misapplication of an obscure, 75-year-old public health law. That law, the Public Health Service Act of 1944, was designed to confer quarantine authority to health authorities that would apply to everyone, including US citizens, arriving from a foreign country. Quarantine authority was never meant to be used to determine which noncitizens could or couldn’t be expelled or removed from the US. In debating the law’s predecessor provision, Congress specifically kept any reference to immigrants or immigration out of the law’s text because of concerns that public health authority could be used to discriminate against immigrants. The 1944 version was enacted to shift quarantine authority from the president to the surgeon general.
https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/08/qa-us-title-42-policy-expel-migrants-border
In another thread a poster offered this up which shows that my prediction has come to pass already
and your notion that Biden's promise, sending all Haitians back to their birth land under title 42 would come to pass!
It was just a typical Bidenista's belief which seems to be as strong a belief as a saint would give to god
turns out to be naivety on steroids.

Read this and wise up:

Officials: Many Haitian migrants are being released in US​

www.yahoo.com

Officials: Many Haitian migrants are being released in US

Many Haitian migrants camped in a small Texas border town are being released in the United States, two U.S. officials said Tuesday, undercutting the Biden administration's public statements that the thousands in the camp faced immediate expulsion. Haitians have been freed on a “very, very large...
www.yahoo.com
www.yahoo.com

DEL RIO, Texas (AP) — Many Haitian migrants camped in a small Texas border town are being released in the United States, two U.S. officials said Tuesday, undercutting the Biden administration's public statements that the thousands in the camp faced immediate expulsion.

Haitians have been freed on a “very, very large scale” in recent days, according to one U.S. official who put the figure in the thousands. The official, with direct knowledge of operations who was not authorized to discuss the matter and thus spoke on condition of anonymity

These Haitian migrants ARE no different from Latin America migrants.
Because that's exactly where they've been living and working for years.
They are coming from South America, not Haiti.
What real difference does that make? They're still illegal.

Of course they don't qualify but regardless Biden's handlers have begun to send the majority of them to
neighborhoods across the landscape of this country. See post 332!

What downplaying? I see people shooting down the notion that Biden is for open borders.
Of course he's not for open borders. He's a racist ass who kicks out as many black and brown people as he can. The notion that he's for open borders should be shot down.

The US is already benefiting, as is the UK. You should be grateful that immigrants are helping boost your economy. But no, it's far easier for you to whine about them.

Oh, since Vox said so, it must be true. Tell you what, you can enjoy all the benefit for yourselves. Please, import all the third world labor you want. Should go swimmingly.

People from third world countries are often granted asylum.

That's true, but not just because they are from the third world. They have to show that they are being persecuted for one of the allowed reasons. A dangerous country, civil unrest, poverty, or natural disaster are not valid reasons by the law.

And? Those determinations are made AFTER they arrive....

Read the entirety. It very clearly states there is a required hearing for a determination *if* they meet the definition of a refugee. See above.

The first paragraph gives quite a broad leeway to the secretary of homeland security and the attorney general. Thanks for playing.

Correct, so long as they meet the definition of a "refugee" which I provided and these Haitians, nor Guatamalans, nor Hondurans, meet as a whole.

We aren't the only ones who take them in...it might seem that way to you, but it isn't that way at all. It is the fact that geographically we are closer to Haiti than Brazil or other countries are. Cubans are coming in huge number too....and not just to the US.
Oh I'm not talking about just Haitians. We've had migrants coming from across the Atlantic. I believe it was African migrants at some point in 2019 that kept coming to the US, even though they had to pass through several areas that were perfectly capable of taking them. Though I do think that a few places in Europe were willing to do so.

Source for your claim Biden voters support mass deportations of brown people.
We can use the same excuse that the far-left did for Trump.

(ahem).. Well they voted for him didn't they? ba dum tsss...

Sorry I didn't intend to, i put the lofty words of the improbable prime minister in the wrong place,
Understandable, it looked like a mistake from how it was placed. Good that I didn't go further than that request.

Of course they don't qualify but regardless Biden's handlers have begun to send the majority of them to
neighborhoods across the landscape of this country. See post 332!
some do qualify...not all of them, but some yes.

Oh I'm not talking about just Haitians. We've had migrants coming from across the Atlantic. I believe it was African migrants at some point in 2019 that kept coming to the US, even though they had to pass through several areas that were perfectly

capable of taking them. Though I do think that a few places in Europe were willing to do so.
passing through other countries does not qualify as firmly resettled in another country...which is the disqualifier for applying for asylum in the US....if you are firmly resettled in another country.

longstanding federal law that merely transiting through a third country is not a basis to categorically deny asylum to refugees who arrive in the United States. Instead, Congress has spoken directly to the circumstances when a noncitizen may be deemed ineligible for asylum based on the person’s relationship to a third country, and intentionally chose narrow ones, such as when the person is firmly resettled elsewhere.

passing through other countries does not qualify as firmly resettled in another country...which is the disqualifier for applying for asylum in the US....if you are firmly resettled in another country.

longstanding federal law that merely transiting through a third country is not a basis to categorically deny asylum to refugees who arrive in the United States. Instead, Congress has spoken directly to the circumstances when a noncitizen may be deemed ineligible for asylum based on the person’s relationship to a third country, and intentionally chose narrow ones, such as when the person is firmly resettled elsewhere.

If they only passed through third world countries, yes. Though we could guess that if they made such a long trip, that many of the places they pass through fit a much better bill for them and are at least a shorter distance to travel.
I'm not begrudging them for choosing to the US. It's just that I find it strange that so many places do not appeal to them, for one reason or the other.

It may be worth reminding you that America was built on immigration-and that includes your ancestors. Seems destitute Haitians aren't worthy enough for you.

I see that England is refusing people. Are they too dark skinned for England?

Let's not forget how you all have treated "them Paki's" over the past 5 decades.

You mean a huge racist don't you? He fought anti-Semitism by using race hatred.
someone so naive that he thought Biden's handlers would do as they stated & send all Haitians
at the Rio grande back to Haiti ought o be careful analizing the motives of a noted historical figure of immense
intellect. Someone who led Great Britain when Great Britain held reign over 40% of the known world at the height of it's power & glory. It was lonely at the top then as it is now & ham & eggers then were just as mean spirited then as they are in
today's dilemma.

Be wise: The key to dealing with Disreali, whatever your perspective or how twisted your conclusions might have developed is to study the records and the actions of the man. Give the Prime Minister a fair look. He could have lived with the score.

Back
Top Bottom