• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Justice Department: HB2 violates federal Civil Rights Act [W:19]

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
RALEIGH U.S. Justice Department officials rebuked North Carolina’s House Bill 2 on Wednesday, telling Gov. Pat McCrory that the law violates the U.S. Civil Rights Act and Title IX – a finding that could jeopardize billions in federal education funding.

The department gave state officials until Monday to address the situation “by confirming that the State will not comply with or implement HB2.”

And there 'ya go. If North Carolina wants to implement it's law, it is going to lose billions in Federal funds. That's a lot more than they pay out to the government. Good. They don't need no edjumacashun anyways. Right? And, they are helping to balance the budget. I like it.

Article is here

Re: US Justice Department: HB2 violates federal Civil Rights Act

And there 'ya go. If North Carolina wants to implement it's law, it is going to lose billions in Federal funds. That's a lot more than they pay out to the government. Good. They don't need no edjumacashun anyways. Right? And, they are helping to balance the budget. I like it.

Article is here

The Feds can take a hike.

excellent news, i like the short notice they were given too. They created this monster in 1 hour and they should be expected to undo it in an hour. Really dumb of them to force the fed's hand

"state public schools received $861 million in federal funding. The University of North Carolina got $1.4 billion in 2014-15."

i guess they can go back to the days of 10 year old dropouts and holding class on tobacco plantations

in addition, UNC has reported a loss of millions in donations. As should be the case because UNC too has violated the CRA. They should have resisted the state law knowing it was illegal

also hilarious to see the repubs chastising Justice for "overreach" while vowing to seek redress in the *federal* courts they so openly despise for the same reason. There is 0 chance the federal courts will side with NC, seeing as the circuit NC is in *already* ruled in favor of a transgender student

of course, mccory and the republicans should be in jail for this and not have the option to buy their way out of anything, but this warning should still do the trick

Last edited:

We have full-blown activists in the court system. No ruling is legitimate anymore.

Laws will simply be rewritten every time power changes hands.

Article is here

The Fed's are going to jerk welfare funding from North Carolina? I can't wait to see that.

excellent news, i like the short notice they were given too. They created this monster in 1 hour and they should be expected to undo it in an hour. Really dumb of them to force the fed's hand

"state public schools received $861 million in federal funding. The University of North Carolina got $1.4 billion in 2014-15."

i guess they can go back to the days of 10 year old dropouts and holding class on tobacco plantations

in addition, UNC has reported a loss of millions in donations. As should be the case because UNC too has violated the CRA. They should have resisted the state law knowing it was illegal

also hilarious to see the repubs chastising Justice for "overreach" while vowing to seek redress in the *federal* courts they so openly despise for the same reason. There is 0 chance the federal courts will side with NC, seeing as the circuit NC is in *already* ruled in favor of a transgender student

of course, mccory and the republicans should be in jail for this and not have the option to buy their way out of anything, but this warning should still do the trick

Did the Fed's pull funding from Colorado?

Article is here

So very expected, if a little quicker than I thought it would be.

"Well, either we let the he-she people go where they want, or the Bible will be the only book we can afford to buy for the schools"

"That's brilliant! Tell them they can keep their funding!"

"‘Society is changing quickly and anybody who gets in the way is in trouble. And I might be in trouble. I might be looking for a side job over here,’ McCrory said during a radio interview on Tuesday (3 May) with The Big Show with John Boy and Billy.

‘… Now, sadly, in our nation if you have disagreement and you’re on the wrong side of that disagreement, according to the thought police, you’re dispensed of. You’re exiled,’ he also said."

hey dip****, it's not your *thoughts* that got you in hot water, it's your *actions* that harmed other people.

"This had nothing to do with gay and lesbian,” McCrory said on the "The Big Show With John Boy and Billy," a radio show in Charlotte. “It had to do with privacy.”

Oh REALLY, then why did you ban employment protection for gay people explicitly? I swear if a lying jackass is the best we can do for a governor, we should just get rid of states altogether. Maybe declare north carolina the property of the fed or something

Last edited:

So very expected, if a little quicker than I thought it would be.

"Well, either we let the he-she people go where they want, or the Bible will be the only book we can afford to buy for the schools"

"That's brilliant! Tell them they can keep their funding!"

yes that will really make them desirable to colleges and STEM jobs

i believe this might just signal the beginning of the end to anti lgbt legislation

Last edited:

Article is here

I hope you cheer the Department of Justice in the Hillary email server scandal as much as you do this. But I doubt it.

I hope you cheer the Department of Justice in the Hillary email server scandal as much as you do this. But I doubt it.

But...but...that's differeeeeeeeeent!

My, aren't we the snarky little one again today. That's 2 days of snarkiness in a row. Before you really go out on a limb and try for the hat trick, keep reading this post. It could save you future embarrassment.

You need to catch up on your reading around here. Try this thread I posted.......

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...isnt-indicted-rule-law-and-republic-dead.html

Now would you like catsup or mustard with the crow you are now eating? And please!! I don't want to have to remind you again......Mind your damn manners at the table. Get that egg off your face.

Thanx for playing. I thoroughly enjoy smacking you. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

My, aren't we the snarky little one again today. That's 2 days of snarkiness in a row. Before you really go out on a limb and try for the hat trick, keep reading this post. Could save you future embarrassment.

You need to catch up on your reading around here. Try this thread I posted.......

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-pa...isnt-indicted-rule-law-and-republic-dead.html

Now would you like catsup or mustard with the crow you are now eating? And please!! I don't want to have to remind you again......Mind your damn manners at the table. Get that egg off your face.

Thanx for playing. I thoroughly enjoy smacking you. :mrgreen:

After 8 years of BS, there is little you could do at this point to redeem yourself. I'm unimpressed.

After 8 years of BS, there is little you could do at this point to redeem yourself. I'm unimpressed.

Keep whining. I own you. :mrgreen:

And I notice that you are not very good at rudimentary arithmetic either, so I must correct you on that too.

I have been posting BS at Debate Politics for almost 11 years. Please learn to count so that you are able to give me credit where credit is due. Only 8 years of BS? That is an insult.

Last edited:

when in the course of human events...

Haha! If NC wants to race to the bottom, then they shall be rightfully treated as such!

The delicious thing about this is it would equally impact the entire state, not just the cities as many boycotts have done. Same for lawsuits against rogue shanty towns such as the one in alabama that tried the same. I have a feeling after this even the repubs in hicksville, NC won't get reelected

So are we going to start pulling funding from sanctuary cities and states for non-enforcement of immigration policy?

Moderator's Warning:
Take the flaming/baiting back and forth to the basement. If it continues further action will be taken

But...but...that's differeeeeeeeeent!

it is different, GG, the selective release of documents that should or should not be classified is totally disparate from a state discriminating against a particular disliked minority. What a worthless accusation

Keep whining. I own you. :mrgreen:

And I notice that you are not very good at rudimentary arithmetic either, so I must correct you on that too.

I have been posting BS at Debate Politics for almost 11 years. Please learn to count so that you are able to give me credit where credit is due. Only 8 years of BS? That is an insult.

You don't own anything, much less any real conservatism. It's more like a laps in memory of who you are, or a slip up.

Actually, NC can in this matter.

Actually, my real issue with NC is not so much the bathroom part of that law, which hides the real issue. That issue is that people who have been discriminated against have no legal recourse in the courts, and the way the law is written doesn't only affect gays. Had that law been implemented in Virginia decades ago, the Loving v. Virginia decision might never have happened, and my brother could go to prison for just traveling through the state with his wife, who is black. Although the Loving decision was decided by SCOTUS, it started in a Virginia state court. It has to start someplace, and that place in North Carolina no longer exists, due to the new American Taliban.

so the repubs in NC have tripled down on their idiocy and called the feds "bullies" for...not allowing the state to bully its minority citizens. They have vowed to let the monday deadline pass

even the segregationists relented in 1954 to comply with brown vs board when the fed threatened to pull all education funding

"It is almost impossible for us to act within the deadline that DOJ has set," - speak tom moore

Wtf, they pass this in 10 hours and can't act to repeal it in 5 days?? Liar

Back
Top Bottom